Status: Completed 2/16/2013

Love Will Save You

I Can Barely Breathe

-Melanie-

It was a couple weeks after the wedding and we had all pretty much calmed down from the hype of Ian and Maggie finally getting married. I woke up that morning feeling a little under the weather and didn't exactly know why.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay home?" Ryan asked as he was buttoning up his shirt. I rolled my eyes as I laid in bed, "For the 17th time, babe, Danielle, Maggie, and Amy said they'd take care of me. I don't want you worrying about me all day. I'm sure it'll pass by tomorrow. Besides, you and the guys have been planning a guys day for forever!" He looked at me and sighed, "Fine. We'll be back in a few hours."

He leaned down to kiss me, but I put my finger against his lips, "You can't afford to catch whatever I might have." I moved my arm back down beside me and he quickly kissed me. I gave him a look and he shrugged, "My bad. I was aiming for your cheek." "Well, you have horrible aim and you really need to work on it," I laughed. "I'll be sure to do that," he winked as he grabbed his phone, stuffing it in his pocket and walking out of our bedroom. He turned back around and said, "I love you, Mel." I smiled, "I love you, too, Ry." He left the room and I heard him tell the guys he was ready and then the front door closed before I drifted off to sleep.

A couple hours later, I heard someone moving around in my room. I mumbled and rubbed my eyes, only to see Danielle putting a cup on my nightstand. "Sorry, Mel. I didn't mean to wake you up. I just figured you'd wake up soon, so I thought I'd make you some tea," she said with a guilty look on her face. I laughed lightly, sitting up, "It's okay. Thank you." I picked the cup up off my nightstand and took a sip, letting the hot tea warm my throat.

"Are you feeling any better?" Danielle asked. "guess. I do feel a bit nauseous though," I answered, taking another drink. "Well, if you need anything, call for me," she said, walking back out of the room. After I finished my tea, I laid back down and almost instantly went back to sleep.

About three more hours passed and the next time I woke up, I felt someone wrapping their arm around me. I looked over at Ryan and he whispered, "Sorry for waking you up." I smiled and moved as close to him as I could, laying my head on his chest and falling asleep again.

That time, I slept until the next morning. I woke up at about 8:30am with a weird feeling in my stomach. I knew it wasn't just a stomach ache, so I quickly got up and ran into the nearest bathroom. As soon as I stepped onto the bathroom floor, I immediately knew I was about to throw up. I heard someone come in, then hold my hair back. I finally stopped throwing up after what seemed like forever and sat down with my back against the wall. I looked to my left as whoever was in the room with me sat beside me.

"I think you need to go to the doctor," Ryan said, holding my hand in his. "It's probably just the flu," I said. He shook his head, "Mel, I know you hate doctors, but I want you to get better, and having your face in a toilet bowl and not having the energy to do anything is not going to help you get better." "But-" "No," he cut me off, "We're going to the doctor today." "You're not going with me, Ryan. You and the band have a meeting today," I said, "I'll go to the doctor and you go to your meeting." He looked at me and I knew what he was thinking. "No, there's no point in arguing. Now go," I said. He reluctantly let go of my hand and kissed my forehead before standing up. "I love you," he said, walking out of the room. "I love you, too," I smiled back.

He and the guys left and I picked myself up off the floor and went back to my bedroom to get dressed.

I walked out into the living room and noticed Danielle watching TV. "Where are Amy and Maggie?" I asked. She turned to look at me, "They went grocery shopping." "And you didn't go?" I laughed. "Didn't really feel like putting pants on this morning," she shrugged. "I didn't need to know that." She laughed loudly, "I'm wearing shorts, calm down. Where are you going?" "Ryan wants me to go see Dr. Lee to find out what's going on," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Oh, do you want me to go with you?" Danielle asked as I grabbed my car keys off the counter. "Nah, I'll be fine," I said, "If I need anything, I'll call you." I walked out the door and to my car, starting the engine and driving to my doctor's office.

I walked into the building and signed in at the front desk before taking a seat in the waiting room. There was only one other person in the waiting room, so I wasn't all that surprised when it didn't take long for my doctor to be ready for me.

"Well, hello, Melanie," she smiled at me when she entered the waiting room. "Hi, Dr. Lee," I returned the smile, standing up and following her back to one of the rooms. "So, why am I seeing you today?" she asked as I sat down. "My boyfriend's worried about me," I sighed. Dr. Lee laughed lightly, "Alright, what's going on?" "Well, yesterday, I didn't feel too well when I woke up, so I just slept all day, but this morning, I threw up. I was thinking it might just be the flu or something, but Ryan wanted me to come see you just to be sure," I answered.

Dr. Lee did some routine examinations and when she was done, she said, "Well, I don't see anything that would lead me to believe you have the flu. I think you just ate something your stomach didn't agree with. You should feel fine after another couple hours of rest, but if for some reason you don't, I would just recommend you take some Ibuprofen or Tylenol." "Thanks," I said, following her out of the room and back to the front desk.

After I was done at the doctors, I went home. I walked back inside, taking my jacket off and hanging it back in the coat closet. "So, what did Dr. Lee say?" Danielle asked. "She just said it was probably something I ate and to rest for a couple more hours and if I don't feel better, take some Tylenol," I shrugged. "Well, I could've told you that," she giggled as I sat down with her on the couch. I laughed along, "I know, but if I didn't go, Ryan would have thrown a fit."

About two minutes into whatever Danielle had been watching, I suddenly started to feel nauseous. I groaned, "Not again," getting up and rushing into the bathroom. Danielle followed quickly behind and held my hair as I threw up for the second time today.

When I stopped, I leaned against the wall again and Danielle sat with me. "Mel, you haven't eaten anything for the past two days," she said. "Okay, so?" I asked confused. "I'm finding it hard to believe something you ate is what's making you throw up." "I'm still not following.." "Can I ask you something personal?" Danielle asked. I looked at her and nodded, "Yeah, sure." "Have you and Ryan ever...you know?" "Had sex?" I laughed. "Yeah.." she trailed off. "Yes, we have." "When was the last time you had your period?" "I don't know. I've been so busy. I guess it's been like, two months," I shrugged. She looked at me and my eyes widened, "Oh my God..."

Danielle got up quickly, "I'm gonna go to the store. I'll be back as soon as I can." "Wait, shouldn't you put on pants?" I called after her as she ran out. "I don't have time for pants," she yelled back before I heard the door close loudly, leaving me in my thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: "Last One Standing" by Hot Chelle Rae

Outfits:
Melanie: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=62191901
Danielle: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=62191976
Amy: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=62192015
Maggie: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=62192091