Status: In Progress

Run

Hideout.

Still running through the night, I quickly stopped to catch my breath.
I was used to long distance running, since I run almost everyday. But I was not used to running
for my life.
I looked behind me but I didnt see any headlights or hear any voices.
I was sure my diversion had thrown them off track alittle.
I only had one gernade, that of which was given to me as a gift from my dad.
"Only for life or death situations, Elle." My dad had said on my 18th birthday.
"Okay dad." I said, wanting to peek before my dad closed the special box back.
"I mean it."
Mom was gone--she had had enough of his obession with weapons and shooting.
So she left us and its always been the two of us since I was 12.
But can you blame him? He'd served our country for years, and was a proud American--so was I.

Now standing in front of our hideout, I went around back and through the basement window.
As soon as I landed on the floor with a thud, I felt I wasn't alone.
Reaching into my bag for my handgun, I quietly walked around.
"Are you sure she'll come here?" I heard a voice say upstairs.
"Yeah, this is the place according to that bastard." Another voice said.
How did they know about this place if dad promised he would never give out the location?
I took a deep breath. Running would be my best option, but from what? The guys who killed my father? I don't think so.
I walked upstairs and saw the two men turn to face me, aiming their guns at me.
I walked straight to the leader, the one that looked the toughest and pointed my gun straight at his head.
"What the fuck do you want?" I say, cocking my gun back.