Status: Going strong. :)

Signed, Forever Yours

A Story In The Making

-Spring 2012-

She is beautiful. From her head down to her toes she sings perfection: golden blonde hair that shines like the sun, baby blue eyes that make the ocean jealous, a voice as delicate as a feather. He can’t take his eyes off of her. He yearns for Amberlee: her bad habit of biting her lip, her constant blushing after every compliment, her too-big hoodies and band tees. His heart aches for her, but she is out of his league, far above anything he has ever deserved. He watches as she sheds her hoodie not realizing what hides beneath. The dark blues and purples of what resemble a handprint stand out against her porcelain skin. He does a double take and Amberlee suddenly seems to remember the imperfection and quickly shrugs on her hoodie once again.

--*--

She looks down at her feet again when she catches his eye. He has the most striking smile; it catches her breath every time. His brown hair looks soft to the touch, and his eyes shine like no other. His voice sounds like silk: her heart flutters at the idea of talking to him. He’s too perfect for her, so perfect that he would actually be good to her; she doesn’t deserve that, she has never done anything to deserve that. She can feel her heart grow fonder of him but she doubts anything would come of it.

Amberlee and her best friend Callie plop down on the couch. Callie is shocked to see Amberlee so bubbly and happy; it has been a rare occurrence since December. Callie knows of her little crush on Caleb and she is ecstatic for her; she wants to give Caleb a high five for making her so happy, even if he hasn’t realized it yet. Amberlee sighs as she thinks of her first encounter with Caleb; they were at a silly school band concert. They sat in the stairwell and just talked, she spoke of how she loved soccer and how she loved her family, well, most of her family. He talked about his passion for music and surprisingly for soccer and they instantly connected.

Amberlee sits up and grabs Callie’s hand. “So, do you think he likes me?”

--*--

Caleb stares at his phone. He shocks himself at how often he thinks about this girl. He wonders what caused the bruise, what she thinks of him, if she knows how beautiful she truly is; she is like a sensory overload to him. He has the urge to comfort her, tuck her hair behind her ear, and hold her when she is scared. He wants to do all the cute, romantic things everyone groaned about. This girl has that kind of effect on him. He stares out the window and into the vast moonlight, hoping someone will answer his prayers. Suddenly, his phone vibrates against his thigh.

“Hey Caleb.
Its Amberlee. :)
X”

Caleb is beside himself; he wants to dance, he is feeling that happy. He wants to find their mutual friend and give them a box of chocolates; this night couldn’t get any more perfect. He couldn’t believe the odds were in his favor. He leans back on his bed and tries not to explode in shouts of glee. He questions what to say to her as to not appear obsessive and creepy; he doesn’t want to scare her away, he wants to sweep her off her feet. He settles with something simplistic.

“Hullo Amberlee.
Beautiful night out, I must say.
How are you holding up?
Caleb.”
♠ ♠ ♠
New and improved first chapter. Hope you guys like it.