Status: Going strong. :)

Signed, Forever Yours

An Unavoidable Commitment

-Winter 2011-

He is on his way to the hospital for the sixth time in the past 3 months. He can’t control himself anymore. She makes him absolutely mad. All he ever did was love and cherish her and she threw it away like it was absolutely nothing; she’s played with his heart too many times. There’s no way in hell he is going back, he will never go back to Sam. Nothing will change his mind. Not now, not after all she’s put him through. He is tired of hurting because of her. She doesn’t deserve him. So what if she is pretty? Who cares if she was funny and nice at one point? She sure isn’t anymore. She turned brutal and there is no way for him to stop her.

“Hey kid, what’s your name? Need it for the records.”
“Caleb Knight.”

The EMT nods. These guys surely thought he was crazy. Caleb is shocked that they still don’t remember him. He’s only tried doing this 17 other times. It is a common thing for him. He doesn’t see any other way out. How could he when he is surrounded by family who don’t care if you lived or died? They kicked him out when he was six! They started all of his pain. If it weren’t for them he wouldn’t have ever ended up with those other horrible men. He shudders at the thought.

He really doesn’t want to go back to this place. He is sick of everyone staring at him like he was some alien. He’s not crazy. He’s just desperate for a way out. Who wouldn’t be with all he’s been through? His parents definitely wouldn’t be taking this lightly. He wouldn’t be surprised if they kicked him out again. That’s how they solved all of their problems. They just get rid of him.

A few hours later, when he was admitted and all settled in his new room, his parents stop by. He is spot on about them being furious. They don’t yell at him though, they just stare at him in disgust. When they ask to see the damage, they nearly throw up. His inner self chuckles at them. He is grateful for the silence when they leave. He turns on the television and watched the news while nurse after nurse and doctor after doctor come and check on him. Surely somebody else was having a worse time than he was. The thought makes him smile. Most of the evening passes without any catastrophes until his cell phone vibrates.

“Hello?”
“Caleb? Thank god you’re ok.”
“Sam? What do you want?”
“Oh Caleb, I’m so sorry for everything. I never wanted you to hurt yourself!”
“Sam, I don’t want to talk to you.”
“I’m pregnant.”

He drops his phone in shock. There is no way! Good God, what has he done? He doesn’t need this. He doesn’t have a job, or a stable place to live. He couldn’t support a family. She must be lying. There is no way this is possible

“Sam, if this is some attempt to get me back I’m not falling for it.”
“I’m dead serious Caleb.”