Status: Going strong. :)

Signed, Forever Yours

A Spark of Hope

-Spring 2012-

Amberlee grabs her pillow and screams into it. She cannot believe that she had gotten the nerve to send Caleb that text. She is so glad at least one of her friends had his number. She liked him too, but she liked everyone so it wasn’t that big of a deal. Amberlee and Caleb have been talking for about a day, and she couldn’t be any more ecstatic. This boy is everything she dreamed of. So what if she hardly knew him? What she did know thus far was that he was so sweet and caring. She screams in excitement as her phone vibrates again.

“So, I’ve been wanting to ask all day.
Will you go to a concert with me on Thursday?
Please?
C. xx”

Amberlee shouts with glee and dials Callie’s number. She sits up and clutches her pillow in excitement. Finally, after what seems like hours, Callie answers her phone. “He asked me on a date!” Amberlee exclaims as soon as her best friend says hello. They chit chat for a while and discuss what she should wear and how she should do her hair. Amberlee has never been so excited.

“Well sir, since you asked so nicely, I couldn’t possibly say no.
A xx.”

Amberlee leans back on her bed and sighs with happiness. This past week has turned out to be fantastic.

--*--

Caleb anxiously awaits the reply from Amberlee. He hopes that he hasn’t scared her away. He has fallen for her so fast, and he doesn’t want to give that up. She is stunning. He has never met somebody who was so caring, so innocent. She is incredibly intelligent and she always has something witty to say. He prays and prays that she doesn’t find about the other date he had made for Saturday. He feels like a jerk but he has liked this other girl for so long. He wasn’t expecting her to say yes but he couldn’t contain his excitement when she did. He really did feel guilty, but he likes both of them so much. It was a decision he really didn’t want to make. Finally, his cell phone vibrates.

“Well sir, since you asked so nicely, I couldn’t possibly say no.
A xx”

He could not keep himself from shouting. How he managed to get himself such a beautiful girl was utterly shocking. He hopes and he prays that he won’t hurt her, but that’s all he knows. He doesn’t know how to love, he doesn’t know how to let someone love him and he most certainly doesn’t know how to trust anyone. Could he make himself trust her after all he’s been through? Would she trust him in return? How did he know if she was secretly some slut trying to just get him in bed? She doesn’t appear to be that kind of person, but women work in mysterious ways sometimes.