Keep Holding On

I Mean A Virgin

"Roxanne, this is Apollo,” Helen’s strange behavior was starting to get on the brunette’s nerves. She only ever acted like this when she was tipsy, or that one time she got high, “Why don’t you come on in?”

“No, I couldn’t,” Apollo shook his head, his eyes trailing back and forth between the two women. He hadn’t noticed the third party in the room yet, but when he did, his lips curled into a smirk that made an uncomfortable shiver shimmy down Roxanne’s spine, “Dion, what are you doing here?”

“I was about to ask you the same thing,” Dion’s darker blue eyes gave the younger man a warning look, but neither Roxanne or Helen noticed.

“You two already know each other?” Helen giggled a little.

Oh great, Roxanne thought as she rolled her eyes.

“Yeah,” Apollo nodded, “We’re… half-brothers.”

Helen was practically pulling the blond into their cramped apartment before anyone else could protest, “Then you both should stay for breakfast, right Rox?”

All eyes turned to the small brunette, who was unknowingly clinging to Dion. Her throat was parched, her lips were dry, and she wasn’t she could muster a voice even if she knew what she wanted.

“Actually,” Dion slowly tugged away, “We should be going. Dad is waiting on us.”

“Actually I don’t think Dad would mind,” Apollo contradicted, “Breakfast sounds lovely.”

Roxanne’s head was starting to spin. Something was defiantly off, but she couldn’t put her finger on it. She felt like chaos was about to erupt in her small living room and she wouldn’t be able to stop it… but maybe she could delay it for a while.

“Why don’t we go out instead?” the brunette quickly suggested, “I don’t think there’s enough room for four anyway.”

Reluctantly, Dion nodded his head in agreement. Apollo smirked, “Why not? I’m buying.”

“Perfect!” Helen giggled like the idea had been her’s the entire time, “Now if you gentlemen would give us a minute, we’re going to change.”

The blonde woman was already dragging Roxanne back towards her room, “What’s wrong with what I have on?”

“I’m not letting you go out in sweats,” Helen informed her.

Roxanne waited till they rounded the corner, out of eyesight, before twisting her wrist away, and harshly whispered, “I’ll wear what I wanna wear.”

“Suit yourself,” Helen shrugged as she bounced off into her room just a few feet away.

The dark-haired young woman pressed her back to wall and scooted as close to the living room as possible without being seen and listened.

“You’ve been busy,” Apollo smirked.

“Why are you here?” Dion crossed his arms over his chest, “Do you want to start another war?”

“I’m not starting anything,” the blond sounded confident, “I was just returning a purse.”

“I know what you’re trying to do,” Dion glared at his younger, half-brother, “And you need to stop before someone gets hurt.”

“Relax,” Apollo chuckled, “It’s all just a bit of fun.”

“That’s what you said last time.”

“Well this time it’s just a bit of fun,” the blond elaborated, “No one wants another world war, right?”

“Why can’t you be more like your sister?” Dion groaned as he rubbed his temples.

“Which one?” Apollo chuckled, “There’s a few… hundred of them.”

Dion’s blue eyes were piercing as he glared at Apollo, but the younger brother smirked back, “You know which one I’m talking about, your twin, Artemis.”

“You mean female?”

“I mean a virgin.”

“Oooh,” Apollo laughed, “That’s a burn, coming from the go-”

“Apollo quit fooling around, this is serious!”

“I am being serious.”

“No you’re not!”

“Actually yes, yes I am.”

What the fuck is going on? A twin sister named Artemis, hundreds of sisters, talking about starting a war…? Could they be… Roxanne thought to herself, No, it’s impossible… isn’t it?

The brunette was so wrapped up in her thoughts she didn’t hear Helen emerge from her room, changed into a new ensemble – a sweater with the Eiffel tower and something about Paris that Roxanne couldn’t make out, black skinny jeans, sandals, and was already decked out in a light pink lip gloss, blush, and eyeliner.

“Jesus, Helen we’re only going out for breakfast,” Roxanne mumbled to her roommate.

“Who says I can’t be fashionable for breakfast?” Helen smirked, “Now come on, we have some major flirting to do!”

The moment Roxanne was dragged back into the living room she started to feel light-headed again. Her head was spinning, her heart was pounding, and her stomach violently churned.

The two men stopped their conversation when the girls reentered the room.

“So where are we going?” Apollo asked with the same smug look on his face as before. It seemed like the argument he was having with his half-brother wasn’t fazing him at all.

“Ihop?” Helen suggested, “I’m craving pancakes!”

Roxanne wasn’t going to argue with the blonde, she knew better not to, but there was something about these two, or these two together at least, that made her feel uneasy, like it was a bad idea. A very, very bad idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
Helen's outfit

On the bright side, I'm not updating at 4 AM.

I have no excuse for not updating, I really don't, I just... got a writer's block.

Apollo is being portrayed by Jake Abel - aka the guy who plays Luke in the Percy Jackson movies (Sea of Monsters comes out in about a month, it's safe to say movies). There's nothing ironic about that, I just picture him as Apollo.

Thanks for commenting fallen__girl and fallen_angel94.