Status: Don't forget to check to see who's POV you're reading :)

Honour Thy Lady

Chapter 1: Sir Marcus' POV

A sword slices through the air, mere centimeters from my stomach. Years ago I had to dodge the blade, but my young apprentice has started to master it. From the age he could hold a sword he has trained with me, as I with my master. “The blade must be flat! If you cut into a man with the sword crooked like that, it would go halfway through him at most! The blade you get when you become a knight will slice fully through a dragon if swung properly! Do it again!” The blade silently cuts the air, nearly a perfect swing. He has nearly mastered the basics, but there is still much for him to learn. “Set up for a fight. I want to see what you can do. “

He looked up at me and smiled slightly before going back to prepare for battle. When he was only 5, my Lord had gone to a town he owned and searched though the poor for a child to place under my care. Each child between the ages of 3 and 10 was handed a wooden sword and told to swing it. Though he was half the age of some of the children we saw, I felt he had the most potential, and that is why my Lord purchased little Javis from his family. It was much the same as when he and his knight purchased me from my family for his daughter. And now I am training him to become the guardian of my Lady’s children. He is almost the complete opposite of me look wise, him having dirty blonde hair, brown eyes, and a taller build. I am an average height, with very dark brown hair, and greenish blue eyes.

He sets up and prepares to attack, holding his sword at the ready. I stand about a meter away in a proper fighting stance. Feet shoulder width apart, shield arm towards my opponent, and sword at the ready. I have worked with other fighting styles, but for my apprentice, this would be the one he faced most often. I will show him the others when I feel he is ready. “… Go!” With that Javis lunges at me, striking my shield off balance, causing me to stagger forward. Speed and power are good, but does he have the mind for a fight? Quickly I reset my stance, and he lunges again with the same strike. Apparently he has more to learn. I dodge to his inside, bashing my shield against his, sending him sprawling to the ground. “Never attack the same way twice! That is exactly what the enemy will be expecting and it will lead to a short fight!” He gets back up and charges at me with an overhead swing, easily blocked with my shield. As I throw his blade to the side, he naturally flows into a defensive stance, bringing his shield in front to deflect my attack while he regains control of his sword. Perfect timing on his part, or I would have sliced his belly open again. Instead, my sword just clangs off of his shield, and we both reset to our stances. My headstrong apprentice attacks again, and I dodge the blow, leaving me at his exposed backside. The flat edge to the back of his head signals the end of our sparring session, leaving him to think about what had transpired. Then after a short breakfast of bread and meats, we hurried up the castle’s tower, to our positions outside of my Lady’s room.

“Goodday Milady.” Gracefully she walks out of her room, prepared for the ride to see her father. A kind smile is more than a knight deserves from his lady, but what is routine for this kind hearted soul. A smile to my apprentice as well, though I have warned him that he will not receive the kindness from anyone else. We form an escort for her through the castle and to the gate, where I help her in the carriage. Then we sit up front with the driver to watch for threats. While I was around, nothing could ever hurt the good Lady. Lady Cecile has been under my watch for many a year. I had started my training with my master when she was only 2.

She had once wandered away from her mothers side, and watched my training. I had noticed her sitting and watching, and she seemed to never take her eyes off me. When my master gave me a break, I went over to go talk to her. Instead, she hopped up and started to run away. Not quite sure of what to do, I gave chase. She ended up running into a noble that her father had invited over. Angered by her failure to immediately apologize, he attempted to strike her, only to hit me instead. She had been having fun and made a mistake,she shouldn't be punished for that! He continued to beat me until he had his fill, then he turned to Lady Cecile and lectured her about goofing off. After he had gone, Lady Cecile helped me to my feet. After she was sure i could stand, she promised to behave so I wouldn't get in trouble again, and she ran off again, this time to her parent's side once more. It had become our little secret, and that secret was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. At least, as far as Knights were allowed to be friends with their Ladys, though she always seemed to push the boundaries, doing things that no noble would ever think of doing for a knight. She had always been a peculiar one, caring for others in a way other Nobles do not. The world needs more people like Lady Cecile, and that's more than enough reason to give my life to protect hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Revised. I shall be revising every so often, adding in and editing things that I could have written better.
And revised again. Now with more revisions!

Since you wrote revise as many times as possible I thought I would tell you I revised where we were going. 3 words. but.......REVISED. okay I feel better now ^_^