Status: Don't forget to check to see who's POV you're reading :)

Honour Thy Lady

Chapter four: Cecile's POV

I saw them before they started to attack.

It was custom for a Lady to hide in the back of the carriage and let the Protective Hands do their job of keeping all threats at bay. But feeling the pixies coming towards us, to stop my carriage from reaching its destination, I knew i couldn't let any of them get hurt. So I used the only thing good my mother had ever taught me. Closing my eyes i started to hum a small unrecognizable tune. Soon it left my mouth in such a vibration that made no sound that could be heard by any human man. As it crescendoed my eyes flew open, showing pure purple eyes instead of my normal green, being the only thing giving away that i was doing anything conspicuous and out of the ordinary.
Right then the pixies made contact with my knights.

Raising the pitch of the vibrations i called forth to the Pixie Queen, feeling her presence draw closer. As she was about to head for the carriage door my view was blocked by the apprentice boy my knight was training. Panic started to lump in my throat at the thought of the boy accidentally hurting the queen and causing more problems then even i could ever imagine. I turned to the other side of the carriage and silently threw open the window calling out my siren song through it. It wasn't long till the queen was standing in front of me.

She was the size of my palm, with dark purple skin, extra joints in every limb of her body. They were made to get into any place, out of every situation, and able to steal and cause mischief no matter how small the area. Her long golden hair was what made her stand out from the other pixies. Not only was it untraditionally long and light colored for a pixie, their normal being spiky and black, but she wore a small circlet atop her head, making her look just as regal as she was elegant. Needless to say she was one of my ears outside of my golden prison.

"You need to stop the ambush, i wish no harm on your people." I hummed through many weird tunes and snippets. She turned her small head sideways at me, a quizzical look upon her face.
"Where you are going is not a safe place my friend. The Seer said if you are to continue on this path much pain and despair will follow you! You helped me out of a spot i myself could not escape from, and i promised to repay you." She said back, looking up as we heard lots of small bodies hitting metal. I could only imagine the anger of the queen's people as they were being held off by my knights. If this didn't stop soon it would soon rain red on my head, and of who's blood i was not sure.
"I still look upon the day you will help me out of a situation i can not escape, yet this is not the time. I wish for none to get hurt and have a plan once i reach my destination. If you are as good a friend as you claim, please, keep all away that would wish to stop my travels. Please, call back thy troops and hide from prying eyes." I pleaded listening to the fight to see of the war shriek would call once first blood had been made. None yet so far.
"Very well Cecile. But you have been warned and bring this not only on yourself but those who will follow you." She spoke in a sad voice, so different from the cold one of my mother's i had heard so many times in this dialect.
"Thank you Freshna, you have my gratitude." I bowed my head low to the queen.
And with that she leaned her head slightly and flew out the window in such a blur ever i could not see it fully. It was then that i heard metal swords clash together and held my breath. The Pixie Queen may be my friend, but not all of her subjects were loyal.

Sir Marcus' voice rang out to challenge them and i cringed. The man was the smartest man i knew, but sometimes i did not approve of how he would handle things. I could only hope he was bluffing or i would have to have words with him myself. Something i wasn't even sure i could do correctly without seeming so sweet to him. I felt all of Freshna's people retreat and let out a breath i hadn't even known I'd been holding. Looking out the front panel to the drivers i saw Marcus lecturing his apprentice Javis on how they would learn to fight such creatures. My skin crawled.

They would never know that i was in fact one of those creatures they talked about. A Siren, as was all women of my mother's side. My father had never known, and neither would anyone know about me. Not even my best friend. It was a curse i had determined long ago. Yet with all curses it had its advantages, and i was hoping to use them once reaching my new destination.
Speaking of which i could feel the slight tug of my fathers life vibrations coming off from the distance. Looking out the window i saw the largest castle in all my life. I suddenly could see why my father was so adamant about showing me off……
♠ ♠ ♠
Forgive me for all of the lower case 'I's i have in this. I had to write it very fast on notepad.
Please comment and recommend us loves :)

P.s.-What are you going to do now that we are here my Knight?