Status: Will try to update regularly

Whispering Light

TWO: Decorating

TWO: Decorating

Since I awoke from my transformation, Yu has been trying to teach me everything I should know about being a demon.

“This is going to take forever. Hold still,” I sighed.

I pressed his forehead to mine and closed my eyes. Whispering the spell, I linked our minds together and extracted the information I needed, storing the copies in my mind. I opened my eyes and leaned back. “Now I know what you know.”

“That was impressive, I wish I could do that,” he smiled.

“Maybe one day I’ll teach you the basics,” I smiled.

“Well, now that study time is over, I can give you the grand tour,” Kiro smiled.

XXX

“And this will your room,” he smiled as he threw open the door. The walls were bare and painted white. The floor was hardwood and matched the wooden ben and vanity. “You can decorate it any way you deem fit. You’ll probably go for a natural look right, since you were an elf?”

“Mhmm,” I nodded.

“What was it like?” When I turned to him with a questioning face, he elaborated. “What was your home like, Princess?”

“It is beautiful. We live deep in the forest, and I lived with my adopted mother in the Salle de l'argent.” Hall of Silver. “Our home, a grand palace for elves, is made from the boughs of the silver trees.”

“Silver trees?”

“Yes, trees that had been polished by magic until they shined like silver. We have magnificent gardens of every flower known to man, and some that were created by elf magic. A gentle stream ran through my bathroom, and it was there that I bathed.” I smiled remembering my childhood home.

“Sounds wonderful,” Kiro sighed.

“Perhaps one day, I shall take you there, so you can see my home,” I smiled. “I only hope that I will quickly adapt to your modern world. Although we did have some modern things, my people stayed more in tune with nature. It is because of our love of nature that our Witch ancestors were transformed into elves.”

“I’d like that. Well, um we’re going to go hunting, care to join us?”

I wrinkled my nose in distaste, elves live off the land and we do not hunt the creatures of the forest for meat. “No thank you, Kiro.” Kiro chuckled before leaving me to my thoughts. Gathering my skirts, I lowered myself into a meditation pose on the ground and closed my eyes. I placed my hands flat on the floor and whispered in the ancient tongue.

XXX

“What is she doing,” Strify yawned as he watched Rayne sit crossed legged on the floor, whispering.

“She’s been meditating since we left,” Yu commented.

“Guys, look,” Shin said in awe. Right before their eyes the room began to transform. The walls, once bare, depicted a scenic view of the Whispering Forest. Trees of silver dotted the landscape and the grass ruffled in a breeze that they could feel. The sound of a running brook as well the smell of fresh flowers filled the air. The sheets and blankets on the bed transformed from their drab grey to light shades of green and russet red. The vanity was filled with makeup, and the shelves lined with the great works of the elves. Nestled on a perch in the corner of the room was a snow white owl with piercing yellow eyes. It hooted towards the five men in the doorway. The closet now had bamboo shutters, as did the bedroom door, and was now filled with elf clothes, though none were dressed. Leggings, pants, tunics, jackets, and boots of every color of nature filled the closet.

“Wow,” Romeo breathed. “So this is what’s she’s been doing.

Rayne opened her eyes and smiled at the boys. “Do you like it?”

“It’s beautiful,” Kiro breathed. “Is this your room from the Hall of Silver?”

“It is,” she smiled. She turned her observant eyes to Yu and couldn’t help but smile at the look of pure wonder upon his face. “I’m hungry.”

XXX

“Here you go, a nice juicy steak,” Yu smiled.

I stared down at the plate in disgust. I have never eaten meant. I grew up on bread, vegetables, berries, and roots mixed in delectable soups, stews, and other dishes. My people didn’t even eat fish or poultry. “Um, Yu, although I appreciate the effort that you put into this meal, I am a vegetarian.”

“But you’re a demon now, Rayne, blood has to be a part of your of your diet, and if you won’t hunt, you’ll have to eat meat.” Yu sighed.

I sighed. This would go against my people’s beliefs as well my elf morals, even though I am now pure demon. I cut off a small bite and stuck it in my mouth. I forced to myself to chew it and swallow it.

“How was it,” Kiro smiled.

Before I could answer, my world was in complete darkness and I fell to the floor.