Baby I'll Be Your Frankenstine

Awkward Silences

Frank’s POV
Damn, I think Gerard and I rushed things. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I loved it. And I love him, I think. But, we’ve only known each other for a week or so…

I’m not sure if Lidia and Claudia know what we did, but I don’t think they’d like to hear about it. How can I look at them in the eye?

I climb out of Gerard’s car, quickly followed by Lidia. Claudia and Gerard were in front. I was so lost in thought I almost forgot they were there. Maybe I should tell Sky, and she’d help me. No, I don’t think she’d like to know I had sex with a guy I barely know.

“Hey, you alright?” Lidia asks me, surveying me with her eyes.

“What-Oh, yeah…I’m fine.” I answer quickly, not entirely sure I’m telling her the truth.

They all hurry towards the school, but I walk slowly as possible. As I enter I see Gerard talking to Claudia and Lidia, near my locker. Sky runs towards them and starts chatting animatedly with Claudia and Lidia about something completely random. I walk slowly towards them with my head hung, feeling Gerard’s eyes in my head.

“Hey, Frank.” He says. I haven’t really talked much since yesterday. I got up earlier than him today, and barely spoke to him at all.

“Uh, hey.” I answer quietly, feeling strangely shy, and not able to look up at him.

“Someth-“ he started saying, but luckily the bell rang just as he was talking. I muttered a quick ‘later’ to everyone and left quickly.

I don’t know what was going on really, because I definitely liked Gerard a lot, and apparently he did too. But we’re not even together, are we? Damn, this is so confusing. And it’s annoying me.

I got to PE, changed quickly and starting doing whatever the teacher told us to do. I noticed Gerard coming in, and I try to keep far from him. As the class finishes, we walk out of the changing room together, but neither of us speaking a word. I walk a bit faster, without looking back made my way to the next class.

Before I knew it, it was time for lunch, meaning I had to see Gerard, Claudia, Lidia and Sky.

I walk as slowly as I can, opposed to how I left them early today. I finally reach the table and look quickly at it. The only seat open was right in front of Gerard and next to Claudia. Damn.

“Hey,” I mutter as I sit down. I try hard not to look at Gerard, who’s obviously looking at me. I can feel it again. I play around with my food as Claudia starts talking to me about one of the bands she likes.

“Are you even paying attention?” She asks.

“Yeah, you were talking about… a band?” I answer rather lamely. She giggled a bit, but said nothing more. Then I feel a kick under the table, and I can’t help myself. I look up.

Gerard has a hurt look on his face. It hurts me to see that look on his face. He’s questioning me with his eyes, but I look away quickly, trying to add myself to the girls conversation about the favorite bands. See? I was paying attention… sorta.

“Misfits, without a doubt.” Says Claudia, pointing at herself. I notice she was wearing a Misfits t-shirt, with a pair of white skinny jeans.

“I have to say Black Flag. They’re amazing. But the Misfits are pretty close too.” I put in, feeling a bit uncomfortable, but ignoring it.

Claudia looks back at me again, realizing I’ve finally joined the conversation. “Oh, Black Flag’s really amazing!” she comments.

“Hey guys, we should go to our house and watch a movie or something!” says Lidia happily. Skylar agrees immediately. And if Sky goes, I have to go too, because if I don’t I’ll probably get asked a whole bunch of questions…and I have a feeling being questioned by Lidia and Claudia won’t be fun.

Throughout the whole conversation, Gerard didn’t speak a word. And I could feel his gaze piercing my skull, too, but I avoided it. I just couldn’t bear it.

*after school*

We entered the Way’s house. The girls were chatting and giggling together, as always, and Gerard and I were silent as we entered the house.

Lidia and Skylar sat in front of the TV picking out the movie we were watching, as Claudia went to the kitchen for snacks and asked me for help with that. As soon as we entered the kitchen and were out of earshot, Claudia looked at me threateningly.

“What’s going on between you and Gee? He hasn’t talked all day long.” She said.

“Nothing’s going on.” I answered quickly.

She looked at me skeptically, but said no more, handing me the snacks and grabbing some sodas. We headed back to the living room. Lidi and Sky had decided we were watching Batman Returns. Gerard was sitting a sofa, and Claudia, Sky and Lidia in another couch. I sat on the loveseat near the couch Gerard was on.

As soon as the movie was over, I saw Lidia whispering something to Sky quickly and then the three of them smiling. Lidia and Sky got up and climbed the stairs giggling a little. Claudia asked us if we could put away everything, before giving me a quick wink and hurrying up the stairs after Lidia and Sky.

Damn it, the moment I was so dreading had finally arrived. There was an awkward silence that felt like a lifetime, but it was only just minutes before Gerard spoke.

“What do you think you’re playing at!?!” Gerard said angrily at me. This took me by surprise, and I had no answer to that. “First you… you’re all over me, now you’re-you’re just avoiding me… ignoring everything apparently!”

For once, I cannot speak at all. And this only seems to make Gerard angrier. “I can’t fucking believe you.” He hisses, before pushing me out of the way and starting towards his room. I just stand there, watching him leave.

What did I just do?
♠ ♠ ♠
Drama Drama Drama!
I coulnd't resist updating just now. It's midnight, but whatever, I had to. Took me forever to write that because I also had to read a book for school, but now it's done!
And there it is! Comment or the evil monster from under my bed shall kidnap this story! xD
Love&skittles
--Karinne