Baby I'll Be Your Frankenstine

Down the drain

Claudia's POV

Frank and Sky are nearly every waking our at our house, except for school. It’s almost as if they live with us, because they’re here all the time. And fortunately, dad’s leaving Gerard alone for a while, well actually… he’s barely home at all. Gerard’s been getting drunk and high almost everyday, even if we try to coax him not to.

Sky and Frank are with Gee, taking care of him as much as they can, while Lidia and I are going to get first aid supplies. I park at the drugstore and we walk out of the car together. Lidia asks an employee for what we need. While he gets it, I tell Lidi what I have in mind.

“We need to sober Gee.” I say simply.

“What do you have in mind?” Lidi asks, curiously.

“Well, I don’t think it’s fair no Frank having him completely wasted 24/7, so maybe we should… you know…” I trail off, hoping she’d get what I mean.

“Search his room, and hide every possible amount of alcohol in the house. And keep an eye on him at all times.” She finishes for me.

“Yeah. But I feel like the worst person thinking about it. It’s like Gee’s escape… The way he forgets what has happened to him.” I say, looking down at the floor.

“But it’s for his own good. He’s drinking way too much…” Lidi said, looking sad. “So we have to.”

“Okay,” I nod. “We should tell Frank and Sky when we get home. We’re gonna need as much help as possible.”

The employee comes back and hand us what we asked him to get, I thank him and pay. We leave the drugstore and climb in Gerard’s beaten up car. I drive us safely home. I see mom’s car already parked in the driveway.

“We’re back!” Calls out Lidi as we enter the house.

“Hey guys. You’re mom came home about half an hour ago.” Says Sky, bouncing out of the living room happily. I walk towards Gerard’s room to see Frank just coming out.

“How is he?” I ask. Frank sighs and looks at me.

“Completely wasted and high, but he’s sleeping now.” He says, misery lacing every word. “He has to stop this, it’s hurting him.”

“I know. And we are going to, but we need your help.” I say quickly. I put a finger to my lips, for him to be quiet, as I hear my mom coming down from her room.

“Hi, mom.” I smile at her.

“Hi, Claudia. I’m gonna make dinner right now. Do you think Gerard will want some? I know he’s been feeling horribly.” She says, talking to herself more than to me.

“He’s sleeping, mom. I think we should let him rest.” I answer, before signaling Frank to follow me. We walk into the living room, where Sky and Lidi are talking. I nod at Lidi and she nods back. We all head to my room and close the door lightly once we’re all inside.

“Okay, Sky. I’m guessing Lidi’s already told you why we’re talking about this up here and not anywhere near my mom, right?”

Lidia and Sky both nod.

“Here’s the deal, Frank. Mom doesn’t realize Gee’s drinking and on drugs…And we don’t want her to know. It’d make things worse. But we’re gonna try to get Gerard at least sober.” I start explaining.

“And how exactly are we gonna do that?” Frank asks.

“We’re taking all the booze away.” Lidi fills in. Frank looks at us skeptically. “And keep a watch on him.”

“He-“ Frank starts, but I cut in.

“I know he’s gonna hate us for doing it, but we might be saving his life. He’s barely eating, he’s barely awake… he might drive himself into a coma, for god’s sake.” I say, upset. “He’ll thank us in the long run.”

“Alright,” Frank agrees, sighing.

“When are we going to do this anyway? There’s obviously a lot in his room, hidden, and we can’t search his room while he’s in there.” Asks Lidia, trying to think something up.

“Frank, you’re taking Gee for coffee tomorrow, right?” I ask Frank. “Right after school?”

“What? I-Ohhh.” He looks at me confused, before realizing what I mean. “Yeah, we’re going for coffee.”

“So that’s like… an hour maybe an hour and a half. We’ve got to search his room during this time, and, if possible, the rest of the house for any alcohol. Sky, can you help us?”

“Of course!” Sky answers. “I’ll do anything I can.”

*Next day*
Frank’s POV

“Hey Gee. How are you feeling?” I ask him as we enter PE.

“Like shit.” He says, looking at the floor.

“Yeah. Well, I… I wanted to ask you, if you wanted to… you know, go out for coffee or something after school today?” I ask him nervously.

“Like a date or something?” He asks, looking up. I could see the happiness erupt in his face as he asked the question.

Way to make it easier, Gee.

“I-uhm… Yeah. Likeadate.” I say very, very quickly. “So… that’s a yes?”

“Yeah,” He says smiling. God how I love that smile.

**time elapse**

“Um, Frank… Do you think we could walk over to the coffee place, so um… Cloudy and Lidi don’t have to walk all the way home…?” Gerard asks looking at me, shifting his weight from one foot to the other. “The coffee place is nearer and…”

“Yeah, that’s alright.” I smile at him.

We wait for Claudia, Lidia and Sky to come out of their classes and meet us at the car. They all come out together, and walk over.

“Hey guys, we’re gonna go get coffee. We’ll be back later, yeah?” I tell them, making it appear they knew nothing about it.

Claudia and Lidia smile widely at Gerard. Gerard handed the keys to Claudia and we started off towards the coffee shop. I grab his hand in mine as we walk over there. I see him blush, and I blush myself.

We enter the coffee shop and order our coffees, before walking to a secluded booth at the back and sit. We start talking about everything and nothing, carefully avoiding anything having to do with Gerard’s father and Gerard’s addictions.

Obviously, Gerard didn’t suspect a thing about the plan. I felt bad lying (well, I was technically not lying, more like hiding the truth… but still) to him. Gerard was flooding with happiness, I could tell. He didn’t stop grinning throughout the date, and we laughed a lot. I certainly hoped Lidia, Sky and Claudia were done once we got home, and that Gerard wouldn’t want to drink the moment we go through that door.

*Meanwhile at Gerard’s house*
Claudia’s POV

I opened a drawer of Gerard’s desk. The first thing I notice are his drawings all over. I collect them all into an neat pile, and underneath them I find 3 bottles of different spirits. I sigh deeply.

I hear Lidia groan from under Gerard’s bed, and I look around. I couldn’t see her, but I saw several empty and half-full bottles of liquor fly through the room’s floor. Sky comes back through the door with a new bag to fill with the empty bottles and throw away. She starts picking up all the bottles that come out from under the bed. Finally, Lidia crawls out from under the bed.

We’ve already gone through the rest of the room. So the desk and under the bed were the last places.

“I think we’re done here.” I say, sighing heavily again. I put the bottles I found on the desk in the bag Sky has in her hands, before putting Gee’s drawings back where they were, just the way Gerard had them. We tried to make everything look just as Gerard had left it.

“It’s for the best. Let’s check the rest of the house.” Lidia says, looking around.

I nod and we all exit the room.

“Let’s split up for the rest of the house.” I tell them. “I’ll do Mom and Dad’s bedroom, and you guys do downstairs.”

Sky and Lidia both nod, starting their search. I walk up the stairs into my parent’s bedroom. I knew there ought to be some sort of liquor in here, my father can’t live without it. And I’m worried Gerard would be desperate enough to enter this room in search for alcohol. I don’t really know.

I search the whole room quickly, not wanting mom or dad to find me in their room. I find a bottle of vodka inside one of my dad’s desk drawers. That’s all I find. I head back to the living area.

Sky and Lidia are both sitting in the couch, waiting for me.

“Okay, let’s get rid of it.” I say.

We pour all the contents of every bottle that still has any liquor in it down the drain before putting them back in the big black bag. We loaded the bag in the trunk of Gerard’s car, before getting in. I drove us to the nearest dumpster. We threw the bag away and headed back home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aha! an update!
It's lovely I think. It's a happy chapter!
Hahah... my tittle is so dramatic... it sounds as the title for a break up chapter or something.
Anyway... Comment comment comment comment! or Evee'll eat the story, or something!
And... xD I couldn't resist Evee, check out the reference about you being the monster under the bed on the story! :D
---Karinne!<333