Baby I'll Be Your Frankenstine

The Promise

Gee had the flu, he was puking like mad. He didn't come to school for a whole week. I hope he's better today.
I drive over to the house and pick up everyone for school. Lidia and Claudia race out, followed by Mikey, and finally Gerard. He has a bandage around his arm, but it doesn't hurt him.

We drive to school, and everyone races to thier classes. I walk with Gee to P.E., his least favorite class.

"Frankie," He whispers. "I don't wanna be here."

"It's OK Gee, Evan's suspended, remember?" I reassure him.

"OK."

We start our game, kickball. Gerard kicks the ball and races towrd first base, but is unfortenetly, hit in his arm by the ball.

"OW!" Gee gasps, and cradles his arm.

Mr. Stanly hears him.

"Gerard? Are you OK?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine," He says.

He ambles back to the line and waits for his turn to kick.

I watch as the ball races towrd me, I move my foot and hear a slamming sound, as the ball flies through the air.

I race towrds the base and make it.

We play four more innings and then the bell rings. Gerard grabs his sketchpad and pencils. He walks to his next class, English.

I grab the seat beside him.

"Hey Gee," I say smiling.

"Hi Frankie."

"OK, today we will be talking about Shakespeare, Romeo & Juliet, to be exact."

"Can anyone tell me about it?"

Gerard raises his bandaged arm.

"Mr. Way?"

"Uh, Romeo and Juliet is about two star-crossed lovers, whose families are eternal rivals. Romeo sneaks out to a party, actually Mercutio convincese him to go, to forget about Rosalene. He meets Juliet at the party, and instantly falls in love. Romeo is then banished for murder, and Juliet is arranged to marry Count Paris, but Juliet is still in love with Romeo. Frair Larwence, gives her a potion so she will appear dead, and so she will not have to marry Paris. Romeo was supposed to get a message, to meet Friar Lawrence and Juliet in his cell, but he never gets it. He arrives and thinks that his one true love, Juliet is dead, so he commits suicide. Then Juliet wakes up and sees Romeo's corpse. She grabs a dagger and slams it into her heart, so they could be together in death. It's a tragic love story." He explains.

"Excellent, now class, we will be watching Romeo and Juliet on Thrursday. So we won't have homework for a while, but after we watch it I am assigning an essay about it."

The bell rings for lunch, the one time I get to hang out with all the Ways.

"So how was class, Gee?"

"It was OK," He mumbles.

We spend the hour talking about our day, and sadly the bell rings for 6th period, the final period, we usually have lunch at 1, for some queer reason. Gay!

Gee falls onto his chair and grabs his skecthbook.

"Don't like math?" I ask him, giggling.

"No," He awnsers, simply before returning to his sketch.

"Mr. Way! Please pay attention!" our teacher snaps halfway through the class.

Gerard mumbles a quick, "Screw off." and puts his sketchbook away.

The teacher continues rambling about some stupid math assignment. It's not like they care for Gee, he just sits at the back of the room and takes the crap from the jocks, not wanting to hurt his family, or me. He says he doesn't want to drag me into his problems. I'm with him through it all, I don't care if he drags me into his problems, I love him.

The final bell sounds and everyone scrambles out of the room, wanting to get away from this prison.

Evan's right-hand man, Cody, walks over.

"Hey, emo," He snaps, dropping his books on Gee's desk. His head jerks up.

"Go away, I feel sick," He mumbles.

"What's wrong emo? Is the hangover too much for you?"

"I didn't even drink last night, I had the flu, for your information," Gee growls.

"You must think you're hot stuff, just because Evan got suspended, well remember this emo, Evan will get back at you!" He shoves Gerard out of his seat, and Gerard's head explodes in pain. He suddenly clutched his head.

"Ow.." he stands up and walks to the trashcan, and promptly throws up in it.

Gee is the last one out, stumbling out, not caring if people are giving him looks.

"Is he drunk?" one girl whispers.

I race up to be right beside him.

"Hi," I smile.

"Hey," he mumbles.

"Whats up?"

"Nothing, I just hate this prison," He growls. "The stupid jocks think they can rip on me, just because I have problems."

"They are all just stupid people, who don't know, or care, about how amazing you are, Gee."

"You mean theat Frankie?"

"Duh! Of course I do!" I say.

We get to the sedan and Gerard drives us all to his house.

Gerad goes to his room and I wonder what is going on in his head. I love him, I just hope he knows that.

I suddenly hear Gee rapping horribly.

"Love me or hate me, it's still an obsession.
Love me or hate me, that is the question.
If you love me then thank you!
If you hate me then fuck you!" That's what is behind his closed door. I knock and hear a quiet, "Come in." I walk in and find Gerard on his bed, rubbing his new bruise that Cody gave him. He looks up at me.

"Frankie?"

"Yeah Gee?"

"I don't want you to leave me...The jocks are too much, you are the only reason I can continue with life..." He's so somber. His hazel eyes have tears forming in them.

"What do you mean?"

"If you ever died, I, I would never know what to do.." He trails off.

"I'm not going to die Gee," I whisper. "Not until we're ninety years old and are sitting in hospital beds. I promise that, I really do."

He wraps his frail arms around me.

"Thank you Frankie, I promise I will never leave you ethier.."
♠ ♠ ♠
Waaah, where is everyone??
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

<3 rinni.