Status: still working

The Mystery of the Red Masks

Prologue

The iron arrow whizzed by and landed right beside a foot. A woman looked up at the assailent then over at her handsome husband. He was taller than most of the men, and he had blue eyes like the color of the sea. The man looked back at his wife, she had the same kind of eyes only a little grayish. She had long wavy blonde hair that was down past her shoulders and lay on her leather armor. The man looked at the arrow and picked it up. He looked it over and got out his bow and drew it back slowly. He carefully aimed his shoot and let the arrow fly. A scream of a male sounded but it wasn’t the one across the plane.

“Aelfric!” The women screamed as she looked at a seconed assailent appeared standing over top of her husband with a red mask over his face.

She was quick at the draw of her dagger and threw it straight into the stranger neck. She dropped to her knees and saw that her husband was okay but he was bleeding from a nice gash in his back. She dressed his wound with a pice of cloth that she had in her leather pouch. Her man was uncousious though and she had no way of carrieing him. Something else went flying towards the two of them. Without Aelfric’s help she wanted to protect him as much as she could. She looked at another assailent but in all black with a red mask like the other ones, but this on it was over his mouth and eyes. He had a black leather hood so no one could see his hair.

“Who are you?” She said with edge in her voice towards the stranger that was only maybe five feet away from her.

“Oh, my little Rose, how you have become so nieve and unwize by this town,” the man said before his hand started to glow a blue.

A bolt of lighting went from his hand to Rose and her whole word went black. She landed right next to her husband. And the stranger grabbed Rose and Aelfric dragging them across the ground.