Status: Completed :)

The One for Me

Chapter One

I couldn’t believe what my father told me. He wanted me to go to Japan. Why? Well I was no longer listened after I heard Japan and Princess Hana-ssi in the same sentence. Who was she anyway? I scoffed to myself and glared out of the window. The sun was setting. The orange and red rays combined so beautifully to create such a romantic scenery. If only I could share it with someone, someone I loved. In the reflection of the window I saw myself. Humble at heart and then not really. My dark hair was braided partially on my head while the rest spiked perfectly in one direction. And my eyes, well they were the eyes of a prince, lost and obedient to the King of Baekje, Lee Onew.

He left me to sulk alone. I ventured to the balcony where it’s stoned cells were meant to keep anyone from climbing up but it did not prevent me from climbing down. I leaned against the cement railing and sighed. I was lost. There was no way the rivalry between the two most powerful kingdoms in the world could simply vanish by one simple act. Truthfully I was quite skeptical of the entire thing. How did I know that Hana-ssi wasn’t a assassin trained to seduce and kill me to right the ‘wrongs’ our kingdom supposedly committed upon their land? I didn’t. And I highly doubted meeting her would do us any justice. But like an idiot, I agreed just to please my father.

The garden was especially pretty; it was like an endless labyrinth of Mother Nature’s creations. I inhaled deeply and just as I was about to exhale I caught sight of a woman in the garden. Even from where I resided her beauty was outstanding. No woman had ever attracted me by sight before so I hurried and ran out to the garden. She looked thin and maybe a little taller than me. By her robes golden edge I could tell she was a noble, a perfect match to please my father. I hastily rushed through the maze of flowers and fountains. I caught a glimpse of her pale skin and slender nose before she rounded a corner. A cough erupted from my chest but I ignored my body and followed her. She had to live in the castle, if she was a higher noble that is.

“Miss,” I called but a harsh cough interrupted me and I collapsed to the ground. She was gone and I couldn’t breathe. I tried to calm myself and inhale slowly just as my personal physician instructed.

“Jonghyun!” a screech startled me. I turned and saw my personal care taker running toward me. “What are you doing out here?!”

“I-I saw…a woman,” I breathed heavily.

Kyun helped me stand while shaking his head. “A mere woman is not worth losing your life!”

“Did you tell my father I was gone?” I asked.

“If you are absent from your room I am instructed to check him first,” he shrugged. “I’m sorry.” I sighed and allowed him to drag me back inside. My home and my prison.

******************

Her short blond hair brushed against my cheek as she kissed me. Her bow lips fit perfectly on my skin. How was it that one person could make me fall in love without even knowing their name? Just as she was about to reveal her face I was awoken by a loud knock.

“Up,” my father demanded. “Did you think that it would be okay to run off and have a relation with a woman you don’t know?! You can’t act this way Jonghyun you are the prince!”

“I didn’t even get to see her dad please calm down,” I groaned sitting up in my king size bed.

“I know you are only a teenager and want to have fun but….we need you to grow up now,” he sighed.

“What if I find someone else? Someone I know is suitable and could help me get an alliance with the Nihon Kingdom?” I asked pleadingly.

“No,” he shook his head. “We need you and Hana-Ko to get well acquainted…maybe even more then that…if you marry her, this will settle our rivalry Jonghyun. For the people. You understand why I ask this of you right?”

“Mom would be on my side,” I mumbled bitterly.

For a second he looked tired as if being King wasn’t all peaches and cream like he put on. His flawless face hadn’t aged a day and he was considered the youngest King just because he didn’t look a day over forty. His brown hair curled before touching his shoulders and his round lips were set in to a grime line. He used to smile all the time when mom was alive. “Yes she would. But she is gone and I am here and you will obey my request.” With that he crossed the room and exited leaving me wishing for some miracle that was unlikely to come true.

I dressed in my best robes and headed out to town. I was determined to get my mind of everything Kingdom related. The carriage brought me to the most popular noble town near the Castle, La Rouge. For a town that had fewer riches than I, they had pretty impressive buildings and structure. I roamed the streets knowing that my three knights followed close behind. I was so tired of being treated as if I would break if someone poked me. Yes I had trouble breathing sometimes but that was nothing to exaggerate.

I went inside a tavern. It was loud and dirty; I loved it. I sat at the bar and waited to be served. “What can I get you sire?” the man asked kindly.

“Your strongest beer,” I requested, my head snapping to the side. The woman I saw in my garden was in the tavern. She was dancing with another guy. It was quite scandalous and I decided I liked her more than I thought I did. Her hips rounded to the music, making every sway and pop look so natural. I wanted to dance with her but I knew that was inappropriate. Still I couldn’t help but gape as her slim figure grinded against the male she danced with. It was like sex with your clothes on. I found it exciting and I wanted to dance with her exactly as she danced with the taller man. I wanted to feel her against me, moving close enough to raise eyes.

“Your beer,” the man nodded sliding it down to me. I bowed best I could in the seat and shot it down in one gulp. It was really strong, so strong that I felt a light tingle in my head for a moment.

Did my legs move? Suddenly I was on the dance floor next to the woman. Her feline eyes hypnotized me for several moments as she twirled around me. I stood there as her small hips swung. The shoes I wore today insured that I was the same height as her. I thought that odd, that a woman could be so tall. Her hands crawled over my chest and I saw her bow lips twist in to a smirk. She turned and allowed me to press against her. I thought we would get kicked out for such vulgar movements because there was no space between her and me. She slid down me slowly and I tried to control the urge to grab her short hair and kiss her. Every single curve was hidden behind the robe but as she moved up my hands found them. Just as she turned, I leaned down and-

“Jonghyun?” a familiar voice echoed through my head.

I snapped out of my weird fantasy and looked up at my doe eyed friend. “Minho,” I chuckled nervously. “W-what are you doing here?”

“I work here remember?” he patted my back and sat next to me. “Are you staring at Key?”

I frowned. “Who?”

He pointed to the woman. “Him.”

“Him?” I questioned in shock. She was a he! How could I mistake him for a woman? I looked back to the dance floor where he moved his hips seductively to the beat of the music. Even knowing that he was a man, I was still undeniably turned on. I would never admit it out loud though.

“Kim Kibum,” Minho nodded. “He’s very good huh?”

“No,” I replied quickly. I shut my eyes and rubbed my temples. “I think I am a little loopy.”

Minho raised an eyebrow. “Why do you think that?”

“Because I thought he was a girl!” I hissed. I almost blushed embarrassed to have imagined lying in bed next to him.

“Common mistake,” he shrugged glancing out at the slim boy and then back to me. “You like him?”

I shushed him and darted my eyes around to make sure no one heard. “No! Of course not…I just thought…he was a girl that’s all.”

Minho looked me up and down. “Right,” he nodded incredulously. “Listen there is a get together at my lake tonight…see if you can ditch the baggage and tag along.”

I looked over my shoulder at my three knights stalking the bar. I groaned. “I can never get away!”

“Never say never,” Minho cheered. Sometimes his enthusiasm was annoying. “Just don’t look like a prince.”

“How the hell do I do that?”

“Dress like a noble,” he pointed out matter-of-factly. “And don’t wear any bling my friend…you don’t want to get caught.”

I gasped and held my wrist towered in gold and silver close to my chest. “These are my pride and joy!”

“Well flaunting your pride and joy will only get you in trouble,” grinned Minho. “And Key will be there so don’t worry.”

I was taken back. “Worry about what?”

“You won’t have to fantasize about dancing with him tonight,” he winked walking away. I scoffed being sure it was loud and obnoxious so he would get the memo that I wasn’t interested. Key? What kind of name was that anyway? I was not in to guys, I was strictly....what? For women? Maybe Hana-ssi wouldn't be so bad. The name sounded pretty nice, hopefully her personality will reflect the same.

I started to allow my mind to wander back to Kibum. If I could just see his gaze, then I would know...that what? He was really a man? My head began to hurt at the thought of rationalizing every fantasy I visioned in my mind. I walked up to my guards and nodded for them to lead me away. I glanced back at the dance floor and noticed that Minho was chatting with Key. And as if on cue Key turned and met my eyes. And for some reason I couldn’t stop the fast pace of my beating heart the whole ride back home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes I know this may seem random, but I like how this is going. :) Thanks to Queena for help with the events taking place in this story when all I had was, "Well...Jonghyun is a prince." Much love to my readers and please comment and Subscribe!

Thanks for reading! ^.^