Status: Completed :)

The One for Me

Chapter Fifteen

Hana-ssi set the tea on the small table between us. She grinned at me and I returned the gesture. How could I allow Key to say something like that about Hana-ssi? She was amazing and even though she was a bit possessive, I never thought of her as a bad person. I think she’s manipulative and evil not the cute little girl you think she is. How could he say something like that?

“Oppa?” Hana-ssi called. I looked up at her concerned face. “Are you okay?”

I nodded. “Yeah sorry… just thinking.”

“Drink the tea… it will help,” she urged.

“I’m not really a tea drinker,” I shrugged.

“B-but I made it… just for you please try it?” she asked. Her voice sounded pleading. I smiled at her. She had gotten her long curly hair straightened and cut to her shoulders during her visit out of town.

Haku barged in to the sun room breathing heavily. “Jonghyun!”

I put down the cup of tea and met him halfway. “What’s wrong?”

“Is it true?” he asked in a hushed voice. He only wanted me to hear which meant it was about Key.

“True about what?” I questioned in the same tone.

“You broke up with Key?” he asked. He looked distraught as if he would burst in to tears if I said yes.

Honestly, I thought he broke up with me. We were too different. He walked out leaving me derailed and speechless. And I didn’t go after him. I couldn’t. Why should I? He talked terribly about Hana when she was a really nice girl. I may love Key but I love her to and I would have done the same if the roles were reversed.

Haku took my silence as a yes and scoffed. “Seriously? He says one bad thing about Hana and it’s over? He’s going to confide in that guy from the Tavern and then next thing you know you’ll be getting a letter about Key’s new beau.”

“He’s not going to date him,” I spat. Haku raised an eyebrow and smirked. He had only wanted a reaction from me. Some type of clue that I still loved Key. I did, I couldn’t just stop loving him but what he said was wrong and inconsiderate. How could I forgive him without him apologizing for his words?

“You sure about that?” he retorted. “Because I’m pretty sure he’s over Kibum’s house right now comforting him from the pain you’ve caused on his poor little heart.”

“Why is it always poor him?” I hissed. I stepped closer my voice stern and quiet. “I’m hurt to!”

“Yeah I can tell,” he spat skeptically. I sighed and placed my hands on my hips. Haku glared over my shoulder to the tiny girl in the seat behind me. “Have a fun tea party with your perfect fiancée.”

He stormed out and I glowered at the door as it swung closed. “Oppa? What was that about?” asked Hana-ssi as she trotted over to stand beside me.

“Listen honey… I have to go run a quick errand. Can we have dinner tonight instead?” I asked. She looked up at me and smiled. Her eyes were filled with instant tears. Had I said something wrong? “What is it?”

She shook her head and held my hands tightly. “You called me honey… that was the first time you’ve ever said that.”

I gave her a soft smile and shrugged. “We’re going to be married… we should have nicknames.”

“I love you,” she whispered as she pressed her small lips to mine. The kiss was wet because she was still crying and her small curvy frame fit perfectly against my body. I pulled away and smiled.

“I’ll see you for dinner okay?” She nodded and I hurried out to Key’s house. If he thought that he could just go mess around with another guy he thought wrong. I refused to allow him to think that everything he did was okay. Especially when it’s not.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short and I'm sorry it took forever for me to update. With show choir it was hard but since that's done :) I'll be updating often now. So please comment and subscribe!

Thanks for reading! ^_^