The Lodge

Trip

Rain drummed a steady, gentle beat against the car's windows, each droplet parting to different ways as the air on the highway smashed them against the window. The water was starting to turn to a light hail, it was the middle of December and the cold was felt much more than you could feel it in the dry-skin like El Paso, Texas. That's what David pictured El Paso and certain other areas of Texas like. Tan, dry skin that had missed the presence of body moisturizer for a period of time. But not here, as you passed Chaparral, New Mexico, and headed towards the forestry area of Ruidoso, everything got greener and much more full of life.

Destination: Cloud croft, New Mexico, Objective: Not to die of boredom. That's what David thought to himself as he listened to the album "Come taste the band" By Deep Purple, he knew he should of brought more CD's, he had imagined seven where enough, but this was the third round of listening to them. His family had talked about many different things during the trip, but He never took off his head phones, never listened to a word they said, the person David hard listened to talk since they left El Paso was a cashier and the border patrol officer at the revision point. David never had really "bonded" with his family, and was distant from his parents, unlike his two sisters who where always close to mom and dad. Although his new job as a Security Officer had taken him out a bit from his classic, shy, quiet, and reserved way of being, he could just not find a connection with his family like he had done with friends and acquaintances, and this trip did not look like the chance to do so as he had thought.

David sighed as he saw his bored reflection in the mirror. David was a tall young man, skinny, almost skeletal like body, barely twenty years old. Pale skin and high, pointy cheekbones, dark brown eyes and sharp, pointed profile made up his younger looking dace. His short, light-brown hair was already all blown over the place after the last icy cold windy stop at a gas station. The trip had started out bad, with his dad criticizing the way he ate a muffin. Of course, it was not that he criticized the way he ate his muffin that made him mad. It would be a very stupid, little reason to get so angry that it made him ignore his dad the whole trip, but it was the fact that his dad always criticized him and put him down with everything he did, EVERYTHING, even the way he fucking ate.

David looked nothing like his dad, or his mom, or his sisters, now that he actually thought about it. "Maybe im adopted" David snickered at his own silly little thought. David, along with his mom, dad, and his older than him but middle sibling, planned a trip to stay at a resort named "The Lodge" over the memorial day weekend. They would stay for three days, a Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and would return to El Paso, Texas early Monday morning. David liked the idea of getting out of the boring routine of El Paso, but he kinda wished he could come alone and just spend time with is music in the fresh cabins of the forest, but no. He was with his family.

Minutes, maybe another hour passed by, but after a while David could tell that they neared their destination, because they started to see wooden, native look alike restaurants, motels, gift shops, and cabins, and several parks and frozen lakes where people could fish. "Wouldn't the fish be dead tho?" David wondered. The ponds looked like skating rinks, or they could even be hockey "fields" but people still camped on the frosted grass and sat in lawn and portable chairs, waiting for a catch. "THE LODGE, NEXT RIGHT" a brown sign read, and the dark blue Nissan made a gentle turn to the right, and off they went, up a rocky pathway, a blue street sign read " 100 Corona Place" and next to it was another native looking like gift shop. "Look for 601 Corona Place, everyone" David's dad voiced loudly.

To the right where just a bunch of very tall, erect, pine trees, the huge trunks right next to each other looked like the legs of a giant, and the dark green bushy leaves like elves tunics, or at least that's what David pictured. "Look! There! Woaahhh, its beautiful!" David's sister, Margie, said excitedly. And there it was, "601 Corona Place" the final destination. Indeed, a beautiful building which David stared at in awe, the building that would be their home for the following three days. As they drove closer to the building, the hail seemed to fall harder and harder, people ran in and out from their cars, to the building, and to the cars to avoid getting wet. David unbuckled his seat belt as he once again sighed while the car was parked next to a red scooter. "Okay, I'll try to make this the best as I can" David whispered very softly, as he gazed and stared into the window of the tall tower like part of the resort that mightily stood over the rest of the building.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter, the story is under construction and will probably continue to be for a bit, but ill try too finish up soon!