I'd Do Anything to Hold Your Hand

Chapter Six, Part One

Well today was going to be my first day of being the 'Official Harry Beard'.

I was standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom; half dressed, and with my hair wrapped up in a towel. I wasn’t nervous, I mean me and Harry were a couple once before. We got over it. We were, no we are best friends. We would do anything for each other, so this was just one of those things.

"Babe, are you okay in there?" I heard Niall shout from the down the little hallway.

"Yea, just can’t decide what to wear." I answered back.

I don’t really know how to describe my feelings for Niall. They're strong I can tell you that. I guess we'll just have to see how the next few months go. That’s the one thing Harry assured me after he asked me to do this for him and Louis.

It will only be a few months. I promise.

Harry knew how seriously I took promises so I knew he meant what he said, and I knew why he said it. I guess he could tell that I was slowly falling for Niall. I could tell by the way you look at him he told me. It probably wasn’t hard for him to tell, considering Harry and I looked at each other that way once. That/s how I knew he was falling for Louis. By the way he looked at him. I was the first one he told of course. We told each other everything, no matter what it was. We knew that the other wouldn’t judge because of everything we had gone through together.

"Babe..." I heard Niall's taunting voice getting closer to the door. The footsteps stopped and I knew he was in front of the door, waiting.

I opened the door and jumped up in to his arms wrapping legs around his torso, and my arms around his neck. I looked right into those gorgeous eyes. I didn’t even realise it but we were back in the bedroom portion of the hotel room.

He laid me down, my legs still wrapped around his torso, we started kissing. Me and Niall had kissed before, but this was different, there was a sense of relief in these kisses, like he had to reassure that even though I would probably have to kiss one of his best friends in public that I was still his .

He kissed my neck, and then pulled back while laughing.

"Come on you have to get ready."

I got up, grabbing my makeup bag from the table.

"Tease." I whispered in his ear, just before slapping his butt and running back in the bathroom shutting and locking the door behind me.

~~

Harry's POV

Harry woke up alone in the bed. He heard a buzzing sound coming from the bedside table, and realised it was his phone. He reached over and grabbed it, sliding the little arrow over and punching in the code to unlock it.

Gone to get coffee, be back soon. xx

Harry quickly replied.

Iced ? Please :) xx

Harry looked away for literally a second before the phone buzzed again.

Of course, Curly .xx

Harry set the phone back on the table, and got up from the cool sheets. He walked down the hall way, butt naked, to the bathroom. Turning on the shower.

He stepped in letting the warm water hit his tired face, and letting it flatten his curls. He was already thinking of what was going to happen today. His best friend was going to become his cover. He still couldn’t believe that this still had to be this way. He understood though.

Its best for bussiness.

He heard the familiar line everyone said echo in his head. He knew it wouldn’t be hard to fake loving his best friend. After all he had before at one point. It was only 3 and a half years ago, but he remembered like it was yesterday.

The summer of '09. That was the summer everything changed and was put into perspective.

Harry and Ally always flirted. They did it so much it was like it was their job. People always thought they were dating but they weren’t, they didn’t even like one another, or so they thought. Harry remembered all too well.

~ July 2009 ~

"Ally, you know how much you mean to me."

"Of course I do Harry. You mean a lot to me too."

"Ally, I-I think I like you.." he said nervously

"Like... more than friends?" she giggled and blushed

"Like more than friends." he said smiling

He leaned in and kissed his the girl who was like his other half, and who had become his girlfriend that day.


He replayed the memory in his head. But with that memory came other memories neither of them liked to remember.

~ October 2009 ~

Ally pulled away from the kiss, looking into those emerald eyes she loved so much. He looked like he was glowing. He also looked like he was about to choke on whatever he was trying to say.

"Harry, are you alright?" She giggled.

"Ally, I love you."

She kissed him, smiling in the middle and replying, "I love you too."


It hadn’t taken him long to fall in love with her. She was perfect, they could talk about anything, they never fought, and they could look at each other and know what the other was thinking. But, Harry remembered all too well what happens next in this love story.

~ December 2009 ~

"Harry ! How could you?!" the pain was sharp in her voice, tears quickly staining her face.

"Ally. Babe. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean too. Joey got me drunk. I didn’t even know it. I’m sorry. Please forgive me."

It was their first fight, as a couple, pretty much their first major fight ever.

"Harry, you almost had sex with her! With that tramp! How you do you expect me to forgive you!"

She left that night storming out. He didn’t know where their relationship stood.


Harry had to physically shake his head to get this memory to leave. He hated what he had done to his Ally. They made up of course. They loved each other. He, no they both now realised how stupid and in love they were. Even though they didn’t like to talk about it much, it was still there, still apart of them. The next part of their story crept into his brain.

~ 8th of February 2010 ~

"Ally, are you sure? We don’t have to." he said looking into his her blue eyes.

"Harry I’m sure." she said smiling back at the topless boy.

"I love you." he said before kissing her.


He smiled remembering that night the most out of all the memories from their relationship. They were each other’s first. That’s why they didn’t like to talk about this so much or even so bring it up. But again they knew that if this didn’t happen then their friendship wouldn’t be as strong as it is now.

~ 31st of March 2010 ~

"Harry, I think... we should talk." she said sitting on his bed admiring the bedroom she knew all too well.

"Is everything okay?" he said with worried eyes.

"Harry, I don’t want to do this, I really don’t. But I think its best. You know how much I love you..." her eyes were already filled with tears.

He grabbed her and held on like he never wanted to let go.

"Ally, why? You don’t have to do this. I love you..." tears were falling from his eyes too now.

"Harry, promise me something. Please?" she said looking up at the boy she couldn’t live without.

Anything, for you.." he said kissing her forehead.

"No matter what happens, well always be best friends. We'll always be able to talk to each other. No awkwardness. Just like it was before. I'll always love you Harry.."

He was silent he was shocked by this, he didn’t know why she was doing this. Literally ripping his heart and tearing it into a million pieces.

"Ally, I promise.... And I'll always love you no matter what."


Even though the water was warm he still felt the lone tear slide down his cheek. He still never knew why she thought it was best. He had tried asking time and time again, but she never gave him the answer. The agreement to never bring it up was a silent one. One they never openly discussed it just happened.

He heard the door open and turned off the shower grabbing the towel from its place on the wall.

"Harry...?" He heard her voice, and froze.