Sequel: High Hopes

Friends, Lovers, or Nothing

Twelve.

"Jenny! Help me," I whined. My right hand was clutched to my phone, holding it to my ear as I looked through my seemingly empty closet. "I have nothing to wear."

"So, you're telling me that you didn't get an outfit for your first movie premiere?"

"Don't judge. You know I've never been good at planning."

I heard Jenny sigh dramatically into the phone. "I'll be over in thirty minutes.

"You're the best, boo." I hung up the call and looked at the phone screen. Tom had sent a text in the time that I was on the phone with Jenny. Excited?

I smiled to myself. Tom had been absent for a lot of the time in between our date and now. We met occasionally, grabbing lunch or cups of coffee where we could. My schedule was growing busier with pre-production for the movie. I was still training with my individual trainer, but now we were staging fight sequences, doing table readings, and fittings. I didn't feel stressed, though. I felt completely at peace with the world. I had a boyfriend who understood my busy schedule, friends who were always there for me, and a kick-ass career ahead of me. Life wasn't so bad.

There was one thing that did make me quite nervous: being intimate with Tom. With the limited time, the most we could do was steal a few kisses here and there. The anticipation was killing me. I knew tonight had to be special. I wanted it to be special.

I turned on some Fleet Foxes before flopping onto my bed. I closed my eyes, trying to relax my nerves.

"I was raised up believing I was somehow unique, like a snowflake distinct among snowflakes, unique in each way you can see. But now, after some thinking I'd say I'd rather be a functioning cog in some great machinery, serving something beyond me. But I don't know what that will be. I'll get back to you someday soon, you will see.

Their music was beautiful, and inspiring. It was successful in relaxing me, and I kept it playing while I went go make tea. I fixed two cups of chamomile just in time for Jenny to show up with a dress bag, ready to save the day.

I handed her a cup of the tea and she gladly took it, setting her things down and taking a slow sip. Her straight, black hair was done up in a high bun and her bangs rested atop her forehead. Once we finished, she began to set up in my bedroom and I filled her in on what I was thinking.

"Are you worried Tom isn't good or something? Because one look at him would tell anyone he is good," Jenny giggled, brushing out my hair.

I laughed nervously, my thoughts wandering to Tom. I could hardly focus long enough to answer her question. "No, I'm not nervous about that." I chewed on my lip, trying to pinpoint exactly why I was nervous. "I'm not sure what to expect with our first public outing together. I'm not sure that I'll satisfy him, when that time comes. I don't know," I mumbled, blushing.

"Hm," Jenny contemplated what I said as she worked on an intricate ponytail. "Good nervous like about to perform your favorite song or bad nervous like about to take an AP Bio test?"

"It's in the middle," I answered after some thought. I groaned in frustration. My feelings were all out of whack.

"Well, don't do anything you don't want to do! If it doesn't feel right, then he'll understand. You know Tom, he's a fucking angel. He'd go to the end of the world for you," Jenny reassured me. I nodded, taking a deep breath. Butterflies fluttered around in my stomach and I began to feel more like myself. When the situation came, I knew I'd go with the flow. That's what I always did.

---

I stepped out of my apartment building nervously, walking up to Tom's Elantra and carefully getting in. Jenny had fashioned an amazing ponytail, braiding the side of my hair and braiding the ponytail into a bun but also managing to somehow pull some hair out for the tail. She curled the ends softly and had gotten it all to stay. I had no idea how she did it, but my hair looked amazing. Not only that, but she brought me an amazing black Alexander McQueen dress. She paired it with black wedges, did my make-up, and found me matching jewelry.

She was the best friend I could ever have. Not only did she help me relax about Tom, but she saved the outfit situation.

Tom let out a whistle as I settled into the passenger seat. "You look beautiful, Grace."

I grinned wildly at him. "Thank you, Tom."

He licked his lips and then wiped his top lip with his bottom lip, something he did subconsciously. I ran my eyes down his outfit - a crisp black suit with a blue button up. His strawberry blonde hair was perfectly coifed and his face clean shaven. My desire for him made goosebumps rise on my skin, thinking of how he looked good enough to eat.

The car ride to the premiere was a blur. Before I knew it, Tom was getting out of the car and handing it over to the valet. I took my time getting out, looking out at the mayhem. I knew of Tom's fangirls, but seeing them, hearing them go crazy over him was astounding. I didn't realize that I was frozen in my seat until Tom opened the door for me, outstretching his hand and helping me out of the car.

"Welcome to the Hollywood movie premiere," He whispered into my ear. He smiled warmly at me, and I could tell he was proud of me. He was happy to be there for me at my first premiere. I wanted to hug him, kiss him, and hold his hand down the red carpet, but I knew that we weren't doing that for a reason; a good reason.

I did a few interviews, but not too many. Tom had a bigger role in the movie, so he spent a lot of time talking to the interviewers. He looked so handsome, his happiness radiating. Everyone knew this was where he was happiest. I found myself watching him, smiling to myself like the Cheshire cat.

After an interview, Tom made a few steps down to his next few questions with other people. I stealthily walked up to him, grabbing him so that he could hear my whisper. "I hope you don't mind that I'm going to have my way with you tonight when this is all over."

His eyes widened, a rosy blush rising to his cheeks. He grinned, his eyes glued to the ground. He nodded acceptingly, pressing his lips together and laughing before returning to his interviewers. The look in his eye said the teasing wasn't over. This was going to be quite a night.
♠ ♠ ♠
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WAITING SO LONG. School.. yeah, school. That's really all I have to say.
Grace's outfit & hair