Sequel: High Hopes

Friends, Lovers, or Nothing

Thirteen.

“To us!” Will, our director beamed as he raised his glass up proudly. I watched as everyone raised their glass and proceeded to take a sip ceremoniously. I brought the flute of champagne to my lips, trying my best to seem elegant and unconcerned with the beautiful man sitting across from me. The dinner portion of the night was so close to its finish, and I was growing hot with anticipation. I stole a quick glance at him, seeing him smiling and in deep conversation with who he was sitting next to.

Dessert was placed in front of me by an attractive waiter. I smiled at him, thanking him while raising an eyebrow seductively. He blushed and darted away, and I hesitantly looked over at Tom. He was staring at me while pretending to listen to the man next to him. I just smirked, bringing a spoonful of chocolate cake to my mouth.

“My gosh, it is so late,” I heard him say, watching him as he glanced at his watch. “I’m afraid I have to get going. I have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow.”

He continued to say his goodbyes to others and I ate my cake happily, enjoying the company of our co-stars.

“Grace?” I was abruptly brought out of my blissful sugary goodness by that British accent I knew so well. “I'm sorry to interrupt, but we really must be going.”

I looked up at his towering figure, looking into his eyes innocently. His impossibly blue orbs were mixed with emotions I couldn’t read. I swallowed my bite, smiling at him. “Alright, let's go!”

I smiled to myself, gathering my things and following him out. I had gotten him to do exactly what I wanted, and whether he knew it or not, I had control. We were both silent, nervous and unsure of ourselves. He held onto my hand tightly, leading me around a corner once we had made our way out of the restaurant. The comfortable California air felt good against my skin. I closed my eyes and breathed in the pleasant dewy scent of the air and suddenly I was pushed against a wall.

I opened my eyes, immediately met with Tom's. "Darling, I just need to do this," He whispered huskily. Gently he pressed his lips to mine. I marveled at the sweet taste of him, the light flavor of chocolate still on his lips. He ground his hips against me tighter, tracing his tongue along my bottom lip before I quickly granted him entrance. The kiss deepened, and finally we pulled apart for air.

We both were breathing heavily, smiling cheekily at each other. I rested my forehead against his, pecking him on the lips. "We should actually go, though."

He chuckled softly, nodding in acknowledgment. He took my hand in his once again, and together we walked to his Elantra parked in the restaurant parking lot.

___

"Sun is in the sky, oh why, oh why would I want to be anywhere else?" I heard buzzing. Loud, incessant, annoying buzzing. I reached around blindly, grabbing the wretched iPhone.

"I really need to change my ringtone," I grumbled, accepting the phone call.

"Grace! You need to go on Tumblr and look through Tom's tag, right now."

"Good morning to you too, Jenny."

"No time for pleasantries!" I heard the anxiety in her voice and I knew it was serious. There was a sickening feeling pooling in my stomach indicating that I had an inkling of what this was about.

"I'll call you back, Jen." I said, ending the call and pulling up the Tumblr app. A few seconds after I loaded the Tom Hiddleston tag and went through a few posts unrelated, my heart stopped.

There were photos. There were rants. There was anarchy. The crazy fangirls had struck.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for taking so fucking long! You guys are the best for sticking around.. and hopefully I'll keep updating.. WELP what do you think is going to happen now that the fangirls know?