Sequel: High Hopes

Friends, Lovers, or Nothing

Four.

"I wanna be your favorite song, you can turn it up, play me all night long!" I sang, dancing around the trailer while I listened to "Favorite Song" by Colbie Caillat and Common. Tom and I made a habit out of playing music for each other while in the hair and make-up trailer. It lightened the mood and made the time go by faster.

Tom smiled at me through the mirror while Kayla, the make-up artist, was using a big poofy make-up brush on his face.

"I don't know this one, but I do like it," He said. I told him the title of the song before continuing to dance and sing. I even could rap Common's part completely.

Tom let out a laugh when I was done rapping. "Very good!"

"You know, I can rap "Miami" by Will Smith," He boasted. I burst out in laughter. "Yeah right!"

As if on cue, he began rapping the song word for word. Kayla had stopped doing his make-up just to watch him rap flawlessly. He got his hands into it and was doing facial expressions in emphasis. I couldn't contain my laughter any longer, especially because he was doing an American accent too.

He finished with a triumphant smile on his face and I clapped, still laughing. "That was great."

He nodded his head in appreciation and Kayla shook her head, continuing with his make-up. She finished and began working on his hair. I played "Drunk Off Your Love" by Shwayze and Cisco, bobbing my head with the song while I watched Kayla work on Tom's hair. Will, our director, had let Tom keep his natural hair for the movie: orange, curly, and slightly long. It didn't take very much for Kayla to finish his hair, and we were able to leave the trailer.

We thanked her before stepping out into the California heat. The sun beat down on me and I squinted to look at my new text message from Jenny. Spiderman comes out in two days!

I remembered that Tom was in The Avengers, a Marvel movie. I had to at least see if he knew Andrew Garfield. We walked on set and headed for the food table. I grabbed a bag of potato chips and a bottle of water, and he took a sandwich. We sat down together at a table and began eating.

Over the past couple of weeks Tom and I had become great friends; best friends, even. We spent so much time together doing random things. We saw movies, went out to eat, hung out at each other's places, did things outside, and we always had a ton of fun. We got along great, and I truly felt lucky to have him in my life. Not only was I learning so much from him as an actor, he kept me sane as a person.

"Grace, what are you thinking?" He asked. I hadn't realized I'd been staring for a good five minutes.

"Not much, just that I'm lucky to know you," I said.

He grinned. "Why are you so sweet?"

"I'm just telling the truth," I shrugged. "Hey, do you know Andrew Garfield?"

He laughed. "You're just using me!"

"I'm not!" I replied. "Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound like that. I really didn't!" My face grew red in embarrassment.

He looked me in the eyes, smiling. "It's okay. I'm just messing with you."

"Well, I was thinking about my friend Jenny. She's the best friend I could ever have, and she's done so much for me. She's a huge Andrew Garfield fan, and I don't know, are you invited to any of the Spiderman things?" I asked.

He took his phone out of his pocket and ruffled through his events. "Yes, I seem to be invited to some sort of afterparty."

I looked at him with puppy dog eyes and folded my hands together in an effort to beg. "Can Jenny and I please come with you?"

"I don't know," He said, rubbing at his chin. "What's in it for me?"

"A good time? Free food and drinks? I'll be there?" I bit my lip and grinned at him.

"Oh, you'll be there! I really must go then," He said sarcastically.

"Shut up," I mumbled, popping a chip in my mouth. "I'll be forever in your debt."

"I like the sound of that," He said mischievously. He looked like his mind was at work on something. I didn't want to know, and I'd find out soon enough what was going on in that head of his.

---

"I cannot believe I'm here," Jenny said. I giggled, reaching over and pinching her.

"Ow!" She sent me a questioning look. "Now you know you're not dreaming!" I raised my eyebrows at her and grabbed drink from the cooler nearest me. I happened to pull a Dos Equis out of the cooler, but I wasn't complaining.

I opened it effortlessly, looking throughout the house that the party was being held in. It was spacious, with marble floors and cream colored walls. Every appliance was new, each piece of furniture was gorgeous, and everything looked expensive. Food, drinks, and people covered the entirety of the house. It was beautiful.

"Thank you for letting me come with, Tom," Jenny said bashfully. I turned my attention to him, noticing how handsome he looked. He wore a black suit with a white button-up. He looked very classy. He smiled at Jenny politely.

"It was my pleasure. I'm sorry I can't introduce you to Andrew. I don't know him, myself."

Jenny dismissed him. "Don't worry about it. You've done plenty for me!"

"Do you want to walk around the house and see if you can find him?" I asked. She nodded her head, going off on her own and I watched her. She looked like she could be Tumblr famous. She wore a tight blue sequin dress with a navy blazer that was 3/4 sleeved and as long as her dress - about mid-thigh length. She had on navy over-the-knee stockings on and knee-high black boots. Her straight hair hung at her shoulders with commanding volume. She looked good.

I was left standing there with Tom. "So, what can I do for you?"

Tom smirked. "Would you mind getting me a drink? I don't care for American or Mexican beer. If you could get me some whiskey, that would be great."

I nodded, going into the kitchen and not having any trouble finding the alcohol. I reached for the bottle of Jameson right as another hand reached for it. I looked up at the man and apologized feebly.

"It's quite alright, go ahead," He said. He had a smooth British accent, and when I got a good look at him I realized that it was Joseph Morgan or "Klaus" on the Vampire Diaries. I had no idea what he was doing here, but I couldn't even pretend that I wasn't starstruck.

"Joseph Morgan," I blurted. Nice one, I thought.

"Please, call me Joe. May I ask for your name? Unfortunately, I'm not good enough to know it already," He chuckled.

"Grace," I told him. He stuck out his hand for me to shake and I took it, still in shock that I was talking to him in the first place.

"It's wonderful to meet you, Grace," He said. I enjoyed the way my name sounded coming from him.

"You too," I said, completely forgetting what I had even come into the kitchen for. I took two short, square-shaped glasses and poured the Jameson into them. I handed him one and took a sip from my own.

"So what do you do?" He asked.

"I'm an actor," I said. "I'm working on a movie with-"

Tom walked up, a worried look on his face. "Sorry to interrupt, I was just a tiny bit worried that you got lost."

"Tom Hiddleston," I finished, gesturing towards the tall and slender man now standing next to me. I took a good look at Joe while he was sizing up Tom. He was kind of short, or at least shorter than expected. His blonde curls were adorable, and his lips were to die for - even pinker and plumper than they looked on TV. He shot a funny look at Tom while they were introducing themselves, and I was getting a vibe that he thought Tom and I were dating. The thought was crazy, the even crazier thought was that he was jealous.

"Joe is on the Vampire Diaries. I hate to fangirl, but I love Klaus! You play him so well. He's lovable yet a ruthless killer," I said.

He smiled sweetly at me. "Thank you, love. I really appreciate it, and I'm glad you enjoy him as much as I do."

Tom muttered something to himself and I looked up at him, sending him an eyebrow raise. "I'm sorry, please excuse me," He said.

Tom went off and I hate to admit that I was worried about him. Why was he acting so strange? "I'm sorry to ask, but is that your boyfriend?" Joe asked.

I guess I was right. "Tom? No, he's a good friend of mine. I'm sorry about him. I have no idea why he was acting like that."

"No need for you to apologize. Does that mean you're single?" He smirked at me.

"Yes," I blushed. It was hard to grasp the fact that Joseph Morgan was flirting with me.

"Well then, I'll have to take you out sometime." We exchanged numbers and he excused himself because he had left friends waiting.

I stood in the wake of what had just happened - in sheer happiness until I remembered Tom. Where had he gone?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's so much later than I said. I've been busy with school and work, and I've had a rough time with the passing of a friend. I had chapter four all written and then it logged me out and I lost all of it. It was originally much longer and kind of different, but I like the way I rewrote it better. I just want to thank all of my subscribers and commenters. I really appreciate it, and I'm honestly shocked. Thank you very much! This is Joseph Morgan, this is Jenny's outfit, and this is the song Grace was singing at the beginning.