The Space Chronicles

Chapter 4 - I'm having a ball!

“Right it’s best if only two of us go in there,” said Keith as they approached Jerina. Everyone looked at him with a blank expression on their face.

“Why is that exactly?” replied Dannon

“Because it’s for the princess and plus one companion,” replied Keith, “Plus none of you have anything formal to wear therefore I shall take the princess.”

“You have formal wear!” enquired Celio. Keith nodded and took out a large box from under his seat. It contained a red jacked with white frills along the zip line and on the sleeves.

“It was my great granddads,” said Keith, “I’ll wear in his honour.”

“Very well,” said Azuka, “Keith will accompany me to the ball!”

The ballroom was huge and had many people all dressed in formal clothing. There were pictures on the walls of great lords and kings of the galaxy. A huge horn suddenly blew and out stepped a man with a big moustache and a huge top hat dressed completely in black. This was Lord Montynow.

“Evening Ladies and Gentlemen,” he said in a stuck-up voice, “I am very pleased to see such a decent turn out to my ball.”

“Why does he have an umbrella up his backside?” asked Keith. Azuka laughed at him covering her mouth as she did. Keith turned immediately left to see a huge table filled with all kinds of food from around the galaxy.

“Hello Lord Montynow,” said Princess Azuka walking over to him, “Thank you dearly for inviting me.”

“It was my pleasure my lady,” replied Lord Montynow grabbing her hand and kissing it lightly. Keith watched carefully from across the room and was suddenly filled with envy.

“I was wandering if you had obtained a certain item?” asked Princess Azuka, “A piece of a map to the Lost Planet.”

“How do you know of this!?” asked Lord Montynow, “That is a secret kept by the best of us”

“Us?” replied Azuka, “Who would that be?”

“The purple alliance,” replied lord Montynow, “Defenders of the lost planet.”

“Please I need to use the map to return peace to my home world Balconia,” replied Azuka, “I can not do it without your help.”

“Certainly not!” replied Lord Montynow pulling his sword and holding it to her neck, “Now then you shall give me the rest of the map.”
“Please someone help me!” bellowed the princess. Everyone merely looked at each other and laughed.

“Their all part of the purple alliance,” replied Lord Montynow with a chuckle, “Now then if you are of no use to me…”

“Stop!” came the voice of Keith Starr as he jumped on the table.

“Hang on I know your face…” replied Lord Montynow, “It’s Keith Starr KILL HIM!”

There was uproar from the crowd as lord Montynow retreated with Princess Azuka into a hallway and disappeared. Keith was stuck surrounded by at least thirty of the purple alliance who had all pulled out their swords.

“Why does everyone have a sword,” exclaimed Keith as they slashed at him and he dodged most cleverly. Keith the grabbed a pen from a mans pocket, “The pen is mightier than the sword.”

Everyone laughed. Keith sprayed ink in a man’s face who then fell to the floor in pain clutching his eyes. Keith grabbed his sword and began to make his way across the table battling off everyone.

“You may be good, You may go far,” said Keith grabbing hold of a rope, “But no-one can defeat Keith Starr!”

Keith then slashed the rope and he was launched onto the second floor stairs. Immediately he ran into a double door room and locked it. The room Azuka was in was directly below him.

“Right,” said Keith saw a hole and kicking through it. He jumped down and landed in the room where princess Azuka was being held. Lord Montynow tossed her to one side and went after Keith.

“You stole my wife’s wedding ring!” he said slashing at him. Keith duel locked with his sword.

“It was an accident I swear,” replied Keith still blocking attacks from Lord Montynow.

“Then give it back,” replied Lord Montynow

“Wish I could,” replied Keith, “But you’ll be happy to know it sold for a good price.”

There was more ferocious striking of swords now as Lord Montynow got angrier. Keith dodged and jumped up on the table behind him. He then slashed Lord Montynow’s top hat and threw it across the room.

“You shall pay for that!” replied Montynow getting up onto the table.

“Really!” said Keith jumping over Montynow and running over to Azuka. He picked her up and went over to the window. It was an awfully long way down to the ground
“Now then!” said Keith, “Back off or I’ll…”

“Or you’ll what?” enquired Lord Montynow, “You have nothing to bargain with.”

Montynow then launched himself at Keith. The doors flew open and everyone from the other room piled in. Keith had Montynow’s sword close to his throat. He looked down and saw a very small piece of scroll in the lord’s pocket.

Keith kicked him so hard he flew back into the crowd of people. Keith gripped his sword firmly. He took a lighter out of his pocket and everyone started to laugh again.

“What are you going to do with that small instrument?” asked one of the men.

“Your furniture is made out of wood only found on the Grenalda tree,” replied Keith with a sly grin.

“So what is your point?” replied Lord Montynow

“It’s highly flammable,” replied Keith. Keith then grabbed the princess and edged towards the window. He then looked at all of the lords with another toothily smile.

“You may be good, you may go far,” he said chucking the lighter on a nearby table, “But no-one can defeat Keith Starr!”

Keith and the princess then dived out of the window. His ship soon flew down and picked him up safely. Keith and Azuka got in and watched as the mansion burnt to the ground.

“Is it possible for you to have a normal day?” asked Dannon. Keith turned round to him.

“Yeah I had one of those once,” replied Keith, “It was a Friday as I recall”