How to Get Your Crush to Like You?

How To Get Your Crush To Like You? Chapter 2

I looked in the mirror. I stared at my brown eyes which were staring back at me.
Go! I screamed in my head as I swallowed.
Damn, everything but the pill.
My cramps were a bitch this morning so my mom gave me some Tylenol.
I took another sip and swallowed.
Success! I took the other one, which went down a lot easier.
I looked at the time. Five minutes till my bus came.
“Alright, bud! Go to bed,” I said as I hurried my dog upstairs. He quickly went to his bed and lied down. “I’ll be home soon,” I said locking the door.
I grabbed my sweat jacket and hurried outside.
This winter has been a dry one. No snow and its been pretty warm out. This is my kind of winter. No snow, no snow days and no extra time in school.
I made my way up the hill to my bus stop, with my ear buds in my ears. Once at the top, I looked both ways before crossing the street and hurried over to the other side were my bus stop was.
“Hey,” I said smiling at my friends, Garrett and Jade. They smiled at me and waved a little.
We waited for our bus in silence. This is a typical Monday morning for us. Quite and tired.
Moments later the bus came and I made my way over to the bus. I liked being the first one on. The bus driver smiled at me as I got on the bus. I took my normal seat in the back and waited for Jade to join me.
“Hi,” she said sitting next to me.
I smiled and took out my right ear bud so I could hear her. We talked about our winter break and shared our funny stories.
At the last bus stop our other friend, Olivia, sat in front of us and joined are conversation.
School came and went. I spent most of my day taking notes and trying not to get hit in the face with a basketball, in gym.
The last bell of the day rang as I walked out of French class with a friend of mine, Josh.
“Can you please do the homework for me?” he asked giving me a puppy dog face.
Josh and I have too many classes together. When he doesn’t want to do his homework, I give him mine to copy and he thanks me by putting the folder away in orchestra.
I rolled my eyes. “When don’t I do your homework?”
“Thanks bud,” he said giving my nose a light flick.
I smiled as he walked away and I headed outside towards the buses.
I pulled out my ear buds once I found my bus and took a seat. My friends joined me.
“Hey,” Olivia said sitting in front of me as Jade sat next to me.
“Hi,” I said taking out an ear bud, so I could hear them.
We talked idly about our day until Olivia brought up camp. I smiled as we talked about the friends we meet and the cute boys.
“So, are you going to talk to camp boy this year?” Olivia asked as Jade rolled her eyes.
She didn’t understand why I didn’t make my move last year.
“Maybe,” I said. “I can’t talk to cute guys. You guys know that”.
“You talk to Josh just fine,” Jade said nudging me. I knew she had a thing for him.
“We were friends before he got attractive. It’s different”.
“Aw, come on, Jazz,” Olivia said.
“What?” I asked as the first stop came.
“Later,” Olivia said getting off the bus.
“Bye!” Jade and I said together.
Moments later our stop came and Jade and I, thanked the bus driver before getting off the buss.
Jade and I waved good bye as we went our separate ways.
Once inside my house I let my dog out and put him outside. I grabbed a bowl and poured myself some cereal and eat as I waited for Charlie, my dog, to jump up on the back door.
Once I was finished he jumped up and I let him in. I sat in the living room and did my homework as I watched T.V.
My mom works late on Monday, Tuesday and Friday nights. An hour or two later I went into the kitchen to make dinner for myself. As I waited for the pasta to cook, I hurried upstairs to get my laptop. I plugged it into the outlet and logged on.
As checked my email and Facebook my pasta started to boil over. I rushed in to remove the cover and turn down the fire. Once everything was under control I went back to Facebook.
I scrolled down looking for any sign of Camp Boy.
I saw his picture and I scrolled back up. He posted a picture of himself in his swimming gear.
A bunch of his guy friends liked it.
Cute.
I looked up and saw that one of my cabin mates, at camp last year, commented on his profile.
I read their conversation and I slowly felt my heart sink. They liked each other, they were flirting.
I sighed and closed the tab. I went back into the kitchen and decided that I wasn’t going to let it bother me.