Summer Breeze

1

A tear slowly made it’s way down her already tearstained cheeks, falling from her thick lashes. A girl was sat at her bed, her phone in hand as she scrolled through the many pages of the, to her, unknown website. She raised her hand, and gently wiped away the last tear that had fell down her sunkissed cheeks. The girl shook her head, small strands of her hair falling out of the messy bun that she had sloppily put together a couple of hours later.

She felt ridiculous crying over something this petite, these unknown people were getting to her, by pointing out every flaw that the girl had. How her stomach was not entirely flat, how her laughter could be a bit obnouxious and loud and how she always seemed to trip over her own feet, and her tendency to walk into walls or doors. Not very graceful at all.

She grabbed the first jumper she could see and slipped it over her head, she inhaled the scent and she immediately noticed that she had grabbed Louis’ jumper, the scent made a small smile spread on her lips. The girl quickly made her way down the stairs, she grabbed her headphones and swiftly put the ends in either of her ears, just wanting to disappear from reality for a short while. She didn’t notice the man stood across the room, admiring her from afar.

The man had a smile on his lips, and in his eyes you could see nothing but affection as he watched the girl sneak out of the house that they shared with four other boys. He found it odd that his friend would leave like that without telling anybody, she always told any of them if she was going somewhere. With this in mind, he decided to follow her, you know... For “her own safety”. The man slipped on his pair of shoes, and grabbed one of his grey beanies, pulling it down over his messy brown hair.

He took a look around the room before swiftly leaving the house. Once out, he scanned the area, trying to locate the girl with dirt blonde hair and an oversized knitted jumper. Soon enough he spotted the girl, just aimlessly wandering the streets, her hands in her jean pockets. He bit his lower lip and crossed the road that separated the two, he figured that he didn’t have to be all that careful, since he knew that the girl would be focused on the music that was now filling her ears.

Louis couldn’t help the smile that spread on his cheek, and the flutter he felt in his chest as he thought of his best friend. The two had been inseparable since they were too young to even remember, but Louis could sometimes vaguely remember bits and pieces of their childhood together. How she had helped him with his homework, how he had helped her loosen up a bit when she went all stressed out over nothing and how they always managed to have the greatest time of their lives. A small sigh of content left his lips as he followed the girl he was hopelessly in love with around town.

The sun was starting to set, and was now shining through the leaves of the trees, making the shadows shift in the small breeze. The sky had that beautiful pale blue tint to it, and Louis was enjoying every breath he took, for all he could feel was the peace and quiet that seemed to fall over him. Suddenly the girl in front of him made a sharp turn to her left, and led the two of them onto a small path that was surrounded by aspen trees and smaller bushes. They walked down the path for a good twenty minutes before the small forest opened up into a beautiful meadow, trees lining the ends of it.

The sun shone down on the small clearing, and made it look breathtaking. The two of them stopped, and the girl put her headphones in her pockets and hung her head, making ringlets of hair fall down in front of her face.

“Did you follow me all the way here, Lou?” she spoke quietly, catching the boy completely off guard. He furrowed his brows in confusion as he walked up to the girl, softly putting the strands of her hair back in place, slowly tracing his fingers down her jawline making the girl raise her head to look at him.

“I.. Uh.. Might have.. Traced your steps a bit, yes,” Louis replied, a lopsided grin making it’s way onto his face, giving him a slightly mischevious look. The girl rolled her eyes, but a small smile made the corners of her mouth to twitch slightly. Louis took notice of this and stepped even closer to her, softly stroking the girl’s cheek with the back of his hand. “What’s on your mind, Ellie?” he asked seriously.

As usual, she tried to play it off by saying that it was not that big of a deal, and that she was just being too sensitive. Louis shook his head before she could even finish her sentence, interrupting her “Ellie, I think that everything that concerns you is in fact a big deal, and I would like to know what’s bothering you.. Because whatever bothers you, automatically bothers me, okay?” he explained, raising his eyebrows slightly at her, as to confirm that she had understood. Ellie then explained everything to him, how she felt slightly ashamed and ridiculous because she had let some of his fans get to her, the ones that were probably just jealous of her for being such good friends with the popular boyband.

Louis didn’t know the reasoning behind the hurtful words people had sent her. In his eyes, she had done nothing wrong, and he didn’t think that she deserved the harsh words she had told him had been sent her way. The boy just shook his head and wrapped his strong arms around the smaller girl, smiling to himself when he felt her arms embrace his waist. He playfully nuzzled his face into the Ellie’s neck, making a small giggle leave her plump lips.

Louis released his tight embrace, instead resting his hands on her hips, offering her a small smile. A small breeze caught hold of Ellie’s hair, making it sway peacefully in time with the grass in the meadow and the leaves in the trees. “Listen to me, Ellie..” Louis began, his voice soft as velvet “to me, you’ll always be beautiful. I love your loud and ‘obnoxious’ laughter, it makes me feel over the moon that it was me that made you happy. I love the way that your eyes just radiate of care and passion,” he continued, a sincere smile spreading on his lips as he noticed a pink tint start to come to life in Ellie’s cheeks.

“I love how you can look so beautiful, without even trying. I love how you always look after me, and make sure that I don’t go too crazy. I love... everything about you and I’ve just been too scared to tell you... Too scared of rejection,” Louis stopped talking, for it was his turn to look to the ground, his cheeks heating up in embarrasment.

Ellie stepped closer to her friend, wrapping her arms tighter around his waist, feeling the warmth radiate from his strong body. Truth is that she had waited for years to hear those words spoken, and she had imagined it more times than she could remember.. But none of her fantasies could ever measure up to how it had actually been. Louis finally found the courage to look up at his friend again, and when he saw her beaming face, a small smile on her face and her blue eyes glittering in the sun, a relieved smile spread on his face and he finally found the courage to press the softest of kisses onto her smiling lips. And the two had never felt more blissful.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well.. this is new for me. Writing about One Direction. Ohwell, I do still love my metal music, though I guess time has altered my vision on music.