Sequel: Tattoo Reality

Rock 'N' Roll Dreams

Reese

I hear a knock on the door. I go to answer it. I look to see that it's Oceana. I almost forget that she is supposed to come over today to talk about how we are going to pay her. She gives me the once over and then says, "Rough night?"

"You could say that. I've been having a lot of nightmare here lately. I can barely get any sleep," I answer truthfully. I don't have to tell her about what they are.

She just nods her head. Her blond hair bounce with her head movement. "Is Nix here to talk about the my payments? Or are you going to do it?" she asks me curious. She isn't sounding rude. I guess she is just wondering how we are going to do the whole thing.

"Oh, Nix isn't here right now. It's just you and me. Come in," I say, stepping back allowing her to walk past me. She walks in and goes over to the table. "What Nix told me a hundred dollars per show. We pay for the hotels, food, and gas since you are going with us. If you have some friends in a certain area, you can get them in for free as long as you get them to buy something off the merchandise. The shows only last about an hour or so. What do you think about that?"

"Hundred dollars per show? Not bad if they only last for about an hour. I'll work with that," she says, smiling at me. "Reese, you look like you really need some sleep."

"I'll tell Nix you agreed to the deal. I know, but right now I'm cooking some food. Want some?" I ask her. I get up and go over to the kitchen. We went over to Zain's cousin's house. It is a nice little place. I kind of wished I stayed here last night instead of that hotel room, but they only had room for Zain to sleep on the couch which I understand.

"Sure," she says in her New York accent. She gives me a beautiful smile that just makes me almost melt. "So when do I start?"

"In two months. I know that sucks, but that show you was at was our last show for this tour. We have a two month break before we do our next show in our hometown of Chicago, but after that we have decided to write another album, so it may be awhile until we go on tour again. I mean I know that we will have shows before that. Mostly around Chicago," I answer her.

"So two months? I'm glad that I work in a photography place that allows me to work with my own hours. So are you ready to go home?" she asks.

"I am to be honest. I miss my house. I miss my bed, my pets, and just the friends I have there. I have to say though I like New York. It's not bad. Big city, bright lights, and tons of people are what I'm used to. The big city life, you know?" I talk with her. It seems easy.

"So you are liking my town. I grew up here for my whole life. This place is about the only place I know. I mean I do go to Buffalo and some places around New York City to go to concerts. I just never lived anywhere else. I know how to be used this life," she explains. "I guess you aren't interested in my little story of this town, are you?"

"No, I like to hear way people like the town that they live in. It's gives insight to the person's characteristics. You get to know somebody by the way they talk about a place or how much they like something." I stir the food for the last time until serving the food onto two plates and giving one to Oceana and keeping one for me.

We eat our food with a bit of small talk, and we talk about why we like the towns we live in. Really, we are just getting to know each other. I like it. I like the way she smiles while she is talking, the way her blond hair matches her skin tone perfectly, and the way she talks. I just like it. Wait, I stop myself. That is too soon to be talking like that. I am just now getting to truly know her.

I guess I don't know how to handle myself talking to a girl that is as nice as she is. She is something. She is actually really passionate about what she does for a living. She just loves photography. She cares for her friends. She is just something that I wish I met before I got so damaged. I need more time, I tell myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, here is Reese. He is starting to see his true feelings for Oceana.
Don't be silent readers!