Sequel: Tattoo Reality

Rock 'N' Roll Dreams

Oceana

I sit in my room at Nix's showing Reese the pictures from the show. I look at him waiting for him to tell me what he thinks about them. I pop my knuckles nervously. "So what do you think?" I finally ask him.

"These are really good. I can't believe that you that you think that you are terrible," he says trying to reassure me. "Denver is right. You are good."

"Denver is my best friend. His judgement is bias," I point out. "He is going to make me more comfortable in my own skin."

"Don't think like that," he says, leaning into me. I can smell his light cologne somewhat still on him.

"Or what?" I ask him. "I won't be that confident and pretty girl?"

"No, not that. You need to be that confident and beautiful girl," he says. He doesn't move in closer, but he doesn't pull away either.

I lean in the rest of the way in and kiss him. It starts out innocent and pure, but turns a little wild. He pushes me on the bed while slightly hovering over my body. I run my hands through his hair as he supports his weight on his elbows.

We eventually pull away for much needed air. He looks at me and then stands up. "I shouldn't have down that. I shouldn't have moved so fast like that," he says, pacing in front of the bed.

"It's okay. You are a good kisser," I say, trying to get him to sit down and be calm. "It's okay, Reese. Come here. Sit down."

"I have to go," he says. "I'm sorry." He leaves the room closing the door behind him. I hear him walking down the stairs near my room.

"Well, damn. Right when it was getting good," I say to myself. I fall backwards on the bed. I stare up at the ceiling. I hear the door open again. I don't look at who it is. I don't want to bother right now.

"I saw Reese leave this room," Denver says. "He looks a little shaken up. What happened?"

"Go away, Denver," I sigh. "I don't want to talk about it." I look at him. He doesn't look hurt. He just looks confused.

He sits down beside me. "It'll make you feel better if you tell me."

I tell him about it. I tell him exactly what happened. He sits there and takes it all in before saying anything. Then he says, "From what Nix has told me, Reese has had a rough past with relationships. Maybe he isn't ready to open up yet. Just give him time." Denver hugs me trying to comfort me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, Reese.
Don't be silent readers.