Sequel: Tattoo Reality

Rock 'N' Roll Dreams

Reese

"You know you can't hide forever," Kevin says. "You are going to have to face her sometime. You better make it sooner rather than later."

"I know I can't run forever. I just don't know what to do. I kissed her and ran like a scared little kid!" I point out. "How in the world am I going to be able to face her?"

"You put your pride aside and go up to her and kiss her again. That's how you do it," he says, almost laughing. "I've seen you put your pride aside for those no good girls. Why not this one?"

"Whatever, man," I dismiss. I give him a curious once over. "But you are right." I throw my napkin down and stand up. "Today I am a superhero."

"Go her, tiger," he laughs, taking our plates to the sink. "And tell me how it goes."

"You are going to be left in the dark, Kevin," I say over my shoulder. I open the door to my car and head back to Nix's house. I pull into the driveway and turn the car off. I sit in the car fixing my hair and taking a few calming breathes. I go into the house and go to Oceana's room to see her standing up to see who is coming into the room. I go right up to her and kiss her. "Sorry, I walked out," I say, pulling away.

"Nice, Reese," she smiles up at me. "But it would have been even better if that was how you woke me up."

"I was a cousin's. He helped me have a sense of a superhero," I joke. "Made me stronger."

"What did he do some of those freaky tests on you?" she laughs. She gives a curious glance, but waves off her worries.

"You could say that," I answer her. "So how about you and me? Tonight? Dinner?"

"Sure, why not?" She give me her biggest smile. "But I think you should go tell Phoenix that you're back. I think he has something to tell you."

I go down the stairs and find Nix standing out on the back porch. "Hey, man," I call to him, shutting the door behind me.

"Oh, hey. Over at your cousin's place?" He looks up at me.

"Yeah, how did you know?" I ask him. I notice he has something in his hands. I decide not to ask, so I just keep my mouth shut.

"Lucky guess. Here check these out," he says, throwing the folder to me. I snatch it out of the air and open it to see the band's pictures from the other night.

"These are good," I remark. "Are these the edited versions or the unedited versions?"

"Edited, but I looked at the original. Denver didn't do much to them. He just fixed up the lighting or the colors. Nothing to big." Phoenix sits down on one of the lawn chairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, they have a date.
Tell me what you think.