Sequel: Tattoo Reality

Rock 'N' Roll Dreams

Oceana

I stand on the balcony that is overlooking New York City. I came home last week with Denver. Reese is my new boyfriend. I lean against the railing watching the cars drive on the streets below.

"I imagine that you're happy. You have your ideal boyfriend now," Denver says from behind me. He looks almost mad and disappointed.

"Well, yeah. It's all I ever dreamed about. I wanted a boyfriend in a rock band. I got what I want didn't I?" I look at him. I don't know what to do. Ever since we got back from Chicago something has been bothering him.

"You got what you asked for," he grumbles, standing next to me on the balcony.

"What's with you? Aren't you happy for me?" I push away from him and start to head inside. I don't know if I am able to in fact want to be here.

"What's with me? I have to watch the girl that I fell in love with since the day I met her go off and date some guy in a band because she had her heart set on that dream," he yells. "I don't want watch her date some other guy. I know I should have spoken up before then. I mean way before then, but I thought you would grow tired of the dream. I thought you would realize how hateful they can be. I ended up being the one to introduce you to Reese."

"Denver, what the hell? And you are just now telling me this?" I yell back at him. "At times I thought I would give up that foolish dream if you at least showed me that you cared for me as something more than a friend."

"For the love of..." he starts but is cut off by some neighbor telling us to keep it down. "Oceana, I thought that if I told you how I felt, you would run away from me. I can't just ruin a friendship like this. I don't know. I guess, I would rather see you happy even if it's not with me." He walks past me leaving the apartment.

"Denver, wait," I cry, grabbing onto his arm trying to get him to stop. "Wait. I care about you just so much."

"Oceana," he says with his hand on the door. "I know you do, but I'm scared it's not the same." He turns to leave.

I follow him out the door. I run up to him and turn him towards me. He looks at me confused. I pull him closer to me. I press my lips to his in a passionate kiss. He kisses me back and starts to lead me to the apartment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and sweet. This is the last chapter for this story. There will be another one. It might be up later today or tomorrow. It will probably be tomorrow. It will be called Tattoo Reality. Check sometime. I am sorry it took so long for this chapter. I didn't know if there is anything else that I wanted to put in this one. Tell me what you thought of it.