Status: New! Comment! (:

Open Your Eyes and Save My Life

Chapter One : Devious Grin and Hidden Lies

That was almost ten years ago. And I can remember it like it was only yesterday. And honestly, it feels as it were.

Braden and I have been close ever since. We've done everything together, I knew it kind of bothered Danny, my older brother, that there was a boy hanging around me all the time. And today, was my first day of Freshman year. I walked next door and rang the door. Mrs. Castro opened the door with a welcoming smile on her face and a coffee mug in her hand.

"Come in, Sweetie!" She says and opens the door wider, I slide past her and see Braden at the top of the stairs. He smiles and walks towards me.

He looks me up and down and I spin, he shakes his head.

"I look terrible, don't I? I knew it, I had a feeling that you wouldn't like it! I mean, you're my best friend so if you shake your head, that means you must not like it! Why don't you like it? Is too much showing? Not enough? Awww, Braden! Help me! I'm so nervous! Gosh, look I'm even shaking now!" I spit out quickly.

"Delylah." He takes me by the hand and up to his room. I sit on the bed and he opens his closet. "Put this on, you're showing too much." He hands me a shirt and I shake my head.

"I want my Rise Against shirt, Braden."

"You mean MY Rise Against shirt?"

I shake my head. "No." I smile. "Mine."

He hands it to me and I put it on and tie the back with a rubber band. We walk out of his room and outside to my house. He follows me in, nods in Danny's direction and up to my room. I grab my backpack, take one last look in the mirror and walk into the kitchen where my mom is sitting with my step-dad.

"Good morning Braden." She greets him, kisses his forehead and looks at me. "You nervous?'

"Uh, yeah a little?"

"Don't be, you're gonna be fine! You know all the kids in this area!" She smiles.

"Mom, I'm nervous. Like legit. What if I fall in front of everyone!?"

"That's what Braden is for!" John, my step-dad says.

"Yes, that's what I am here for." He smiles.

"You guys should get going. Danny! Come here, son." John says.

Danny walks into the kitchen and bumps into my, pushing me into the counter.

"Fucker." I say.

"What'd you say, ho?"

"I said, 'FUCKER', did you not hear me?"

"Nah, I heard you. Bitch. Next time you say some shit like that I'll curb stomp you. Ho."

"Danny! Shut your mouth. How can you talk to your sister like that!" My mom says and whacks him upside the head.

"What the hell, she started it, Ma."

"Danny, shut up. I don't care who started it because I'm ending it."

"Whatever." He mumbles. "What do you want, Dad?"

"Don't get into any trouble." John tells him. "Your first day of senior year, I don't want to hear about any fucking fights. Now get to school."

The three of us walk outside and towards Danny's car. Braden and I climb into the back seat since Danny has to pick up Holly, his girlfriend. He drives down the street, turns right and onto a street before stopping at her house and honking. Holly comes outside and gets into the car. They kiss and she says hey to Branden and I.

-At School-

Danny parks the car. "Meet here by three-thirty or I'm leaving your asses."

I climb out of the car, Braden following on my heels. He tells me to follow him and I do. I follow him towards the front of the school, we stop by a tree with ten other people standing around. Braden introduces me to everyone.

"Everyone, this is Delylah. But she's cool being called D.C."

"D.C.?" Says a dark haired girl with lots of eye make up.

I nod. "Yeah. Delylah Cruz."

"Oh!" She smiles. "Well, Braden did a terrible job introducing you. I'm Mickey. This is Jonah, my boyfriend and Judah, his brother. That faggot, is Jay." She points at everyone as she calls out names. "Linsee is the red-head, sitting next to Jay, on the otherside of him is Alyia." A blond headed girl smiles towards me. And lifts her hand, as a wave. "That's Hayley, Judah's girl." And automatically, I knew, this was her crew or group. If I wanted to hang around with them, I'd have to make sure she liked me. "That is Gabe. Dom. And Ants." As she said names, their heads popped up and they smile or wave.

"Okay." I repeat everyones names in my head and turn to look for Braden. I spot him talking to a girl with a nice figure and long thick black and blue hair. Then I realize who it is. His ex girlfriend, Natalia.

When he glances in my direction, he sees me looking and frowns so I quickly look away. He walks towards me and sits on the grass. He grabs my hand and pulls me down, so I'm sitting next to him.

"I don't like her." I say, casually.

"I know. I don't either. She pulled me away when Mickey was introducing you to everyone."

"Oh, so is Mickey her real name?"

"No, it's Mikayla. But Mickey stuck and ever since she's been Mickey."

"Oh, makes sense.." I trail off when I see Natalia glaring towards me.

Braden comes towards me and whispers in my ear, "Don't worry. She won't do anything to you."

"I'm not worried, Braden." I lie.

He checks his phone and announces that it's 8:15. Everyone grabs their back packs and heads towards the front doors of the school. Braden shows me where my first class is, tells me that he'll meet me here after and runs down the hallway. My eyes follow him and I smiled crookedly, before turning around and bumping into someone. I look up and of course, it's Natalia.

"So, like, you're still best friends with him?" She asks.

I nod.

"Well, like, can you tell me if he still likes me? Please? I am truly sorry for what I did, and I really, like, uh, miss him."

And then I saw it, the door was opening bigger and bigger with her stupidity. I smirk, before saying, "Oh, sweetie, he still loves you! He told me earlier, go talk to him, he went that way!" I say and point in the direction he ran. She smiles and runs. And I begin laughing. The bell rings and I walk into class, I slide past a small group and see my friend Mary. I take a seat next to her and we start talking. After class, I walk out of the class next to Mary. She smiles at Braden, waves and leaves. Braden smiles at me and waves for me to follow him.

"What's your next class?"

"Earth Science."

"Teacher?"

"Ms. Maes."

He nods, and I continue following him. He walks me to the science room and says he'll meet me here. I walk into the class and see a few kids I know. I sit next to Mike, a football player with raging biceps, and really cute dimples. He smiles at me.

"Hey Delylah, how was your summer?"

"Pretty good. How was yours?" I ask him.

"Not too fun. I didn't do much."

"You worked out a lot." I say and grab his arm. He flexes and I grin.

"You noticed," He smiles, "Yeah, I went every day for three hours."

"The outcome is amazing." I smirk.

"So, my sister wants to know if your brother is still with that girl?"

I nod. "Yeah. Why? She got the hots for Danny?" I laugh.

"I guess so." He tells me, "She says they talk a lot. And she's always dragging me to the store so she can see him."

"Really? She goes to his work?"

He nods. The bell rings and the teacher comes in to the class. She writes her name on the board in cursive and smiles before introducing herself. Mike pulls out a note book and writes in it, he slides it over to me.

What class do you have next?

I look at my schedule. History, room 202. I slide the notebook over towards him and he smiles.

Me 2! :)

Then, let's totally sit together? :D

YES! Hey, you look really nice today.

I read it and reread it ten times before writing back. Thanks.

He nods and puts the notebook away. Ms. Maes hangs out a pre test to see what we know. And once I finish it, I flip it over, cross my arms and lay down. Ms. Maes picks up the tests and the bell rings. Mike and I get up and walk out of the class. I look around for Braden and don't find him.

"HEY! DC! WHAT'S UP!" Mickey hollers. I smile and wave.

I look around for Braden again and still no sight of him. I look at Mike and he nods for me to follow him. We walk down stairs and towards the end of the hall. We look for room for room 202 and once we find it, we walk inside and sit close to the windows. After 90 long minutes, and an obnoxious teacher, who wouldn't shut up to save his life, the bell rings. Mike and I stand up and walk out of the class together and I see Braden. He gives Mike a dirty look.

"Hey, I gotta go. Text me later?" I ask.

"Uhm, yeah. For sure." He says, as he walks away.

"You still talk to that kid?" Braden asks.

"Yes, why?" I ask.

"I don't like him."

"And I don't like Natalia but you still talk to her, don't you?"

"Delylah, I didn't even want to talk-"

"Braden, just drop it. Okay?" I say, cutting him off.

I walk five or six steps in front of him and ignore the fact his trying to catch up with me and telling me to slow down. I walk faster and pushed through the crowded halls, I made my way to the lunch room and started looking around for Mike. I couldn't see him so I turned back around and bumped into Braden.

"Excuse you." I say.

I push past him and pull my phone out of my back pocket. I scroll through my contacts. I tap Mike twice, and put the phone to my ear. After three rings, he answers.

"Can I hang out with you?" I ask. Braden is a foot away from me glaring in my direction.

"Yeah, sure. Where are you?"

"I'm right by the lunch room doors."

"I'll be right there."

"Okay. Thanks." I smile. I look at Braden, "you don't have to wait with me, you can go hang out with your friends."

"Who you waiting for?" He asks.

"Why does it matter?"

"I was just wondering. But fine, I don't know what the fuck your problem is but let me know whenever you're over it." He says as he storms off.

Mike walks up to me and smiles. "Sup, Guuuuurl." He asks.

"You're a dork," I giggle. "but I guess that's part of your charm."

"You say I got charm?" He pretends to be shocked.

I nod, "Of course." I grin.

"Do you wanna maybe go somewhere private with me? I really want to know more about you." He smiles.

I nod, and grab on to his arm. He leads me out of the school and down the street.

--

Long, I know. Took me so long to write all this. But, it got done. I want comments and subscribers before I update again? c: