Status: Co-write

Secrets

Harry

I hold Molly tightly against me and run her words through my head again and again. “But now I have you.”

I hadn’t thought before how she feels about me, and maybe I’m reading too much into it, but it sure sounds like she’s trying to say that she likes me. As more than a friend.

And when my arm is around her, her head resting on my collarbone, I’m positive how I feel about her.

A few minutes later, I clear my throat awkwardly. “We should probably get back. The boys are going to wonder why it’s taking us so long to get coffee.”

Molly pulls away and nods, gathering the rubbish off the table. “You’re right. We don’t want Louis to know that we got real breakfast.”

“Of course not.” I laugh and slide out of the booth. When I get to my feet, I realize that the two of us are extremely close. If I were to move my face down a bit, we could kiss easily.

I swallow and step back, trying not to flush embarrassingly. She giggles uncomfortably. “Sorry,” she rushes before she walks away to throw everything out.

“No need to be sorry,” I mutter under my breath. I turn and pick up the tray of coffees, balancing them carefully so none of them jump to their suicides.

The walk back is slightly uncomfortable on my part, thanks to my revving thoughts, but Molly seems perfectly content as she strolls along, taking in the buildings and people around us. Her eyes are so full of wonder that I can’t help but smile.

“Harry?” she questions, her voice breaking through my thoughts. “Don’t we have to turn here?”

I look back at her, since she stopped before I did, and start to chuckle. “Oh, yeah. You’re right.”

As I make my way back to her, I grin and add, “Good thing one of us is paying attention.”

“It’s a woman’s job to pay attention,” she smirks.

“Good point.”

Soon enough, we’re back at the bus, and Molly goes in first, shouting, “COFFEE!”

The sound of feet rushing to get the caffeine is much like that of a stampede of elephants. The boys struggle around each other, searching for the cup with their initial on it.

Soon, it’s quiet. “How was breakfast?” I tease, sitting back in my seat.

“Delicious,” Louis insists pompously. “I had no idea I was the next Emeril Lagasse.”

Zayn snorts and coughs, trying to keep the liquid from coming out his nose. “There is no way you’re the next Emeril, mate.”

“Oh, hell no,” Niall seconds. “They wouldn’t even let you be the cook at some shitty primary school.”

“They only serve slop!” Louis tries to argue.

“Exactly,” Liam laughs. “And can I just point out that I was so right this morning? Louis’ cooking was terrible.”

Louis starts to pout, looking for sympathy. Finally, Molly goes over and pats him on the head, trying to make him feel better. “It’s okay,” she assures him. “It’s the thought that counts, right?”

“Yeah!” Louis exclaims excitedly. “Listen to the girl, boys.”

I roll my eyes. “Molly, don’t encourage him, please.”

She looks over and smiles at me, and I give her a sly grin back.

I want more than anything to tell her what’s been going through my head since she said that she was happy she had me in her life, but there’s no way I can say anything with the boys around. And it can be kind of difficult to find time when we’re not all spending time together.

I make a mental note to figure out a time when the two of us can be alone again as soon as possible.

“SO,” Niall starts loudly, clapping his hands together, “who’s up for a spot of Xbox, yeah?”

“I CALL PLAYING FIRST!” Louis shouts, darting toward the back of the bus.

I shake my head and follow, trying not to be embarrassed that I have the world’s strangest friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooooooooo... ;) Hee hee.

Please keep clicking!. It means so much to me. :D