Status: Co-write

Secrets

Harry

I look down at Molly, who’s leaning against me while we watch the boys play Xbox. It takes all the willpower that I can muster not to run my hand through her hair, which looks really soft, the way it’s lying over my arm.

Louis turns toward us and grins, noticing the expression on my face. “Aw, now isn’t that adorable?” he coos, his tone slightly condescending, even though I know he’s teasing. “Harry and Molly are cuddling!”

The rest of the boys chorus, “Awww,” just to tick me of a bit. I shoot them glares and feel Molly tense a little against me.

Going out on a limb, I tighten my arm around her a little more, pulling her closer to my torso. “You guys are just jealous,” I tell him mockingly. “Because none of you could get a girl.”

Louis lets out a loud laugh and gets to his feet, brushing off the butt of his skinny jeans to make sure he didn’t get any crumbs on them from the floor. “Wanna bet? I bet you that I could out right now and pick up a girl.”

“Just don’t bring her back in here,” Zayn chuckles from behind him.

Louis turns and winks at his friend. “Don’t worry, mate. I wouldn’t do that to you. Plus, there’s not enough room, if you know what I mean.”

I let out a sigh and cut in, “Louis, you don’t have to go out and pick up a girl. I know you could, since you’re, you know, in our band. It gives you an upper hand.”

Louis puffs out his chest. “I have to work with what I've got.”

Liam laughs and shakes his head. “Or you could try being charming or nice.”

“I wouldn’t need to be charming or nice,” Louis brags. “THIS,” he sticks out his bum and gestures circles around it with his hand dramatically, “pulls in all the girls I’ll ever need.”

All of us burst out laughing. Molly, still next to me, is giggling, even though her face is a bright shade of red.

“Now, Louis,” I scold, deepening my voice, “no need to embarrass the young lady.”

She pushes herself off me, laughing again. My side gets instantly cold when she is gone, but I make an effort not to show it on my face. “You guys are so crazy,” she teases, her eyes narrowing, making her entire face scrunch up a little. “I don’t know what I got into, agreeing to go on tour with you.”

“I warned you!” Niall speaks up mockingly. “But you didn’t believe me. Now you’re stuck here. And this is going to be a long tour.”

She shrugs. “It’s fine. I can just ditch you guys. We’re in New York City, after all. There are loads of hotels and other places to stay.”

“Aw, but we’d miss you!” I whine, putting a pout on my face.

“Especially Harry,” Zayn pipes up to tease me.

I turn and stick my tongue out at him, but don’t say anything, since I figure that whatever I pull out of my brain will be too revealing.

After all, I know as well as the rest of the boys do that Zayn’s got a point. But, for the first time in my life, I’m kind of nervous to put myself out there and tell Molly how I feel. I’ve always been insecure about people not liking me, but most of the time, I’m able to suck it up and approach people anyway.

But there’s something about Molly that makes me hesitate. I don’t know what it is, exactly. Most of me thinks that it might be because she’s going to be on tour with us for so long. God forbid if something were to happen between us if we did date or whatever, and the rest of the trip would be ruined. The boys would hate me and would hold it against me for the rest of our lives that I was the one that ruined our American tour.

There’s a small part of me, though, that thinks that the whole problem might just be because she’s not giving me many signals. I figure that there’s supposed to be flirting going on, and I feel like I might be doing a little bit, but she’s not really reciprocating.

And that makes me feel like I’ve been rejected without even having to make the jump.

“Hey, Hazza,” Louis breaks through my thoughts, “stop moping. We’re going out to get some Italian food.”

When I don’t move right away, he emphasizes how much he wants me to move by throwing the Xbox remote at me. It hits just right against my shoulder to send a searing pain down my arm.

Instead of slapping him or anything, I paste a tight smile on my face and get to my feet. “Wanker,” I comment under my breath.

Zayn and Niall, who are walking beside me, chuckle under their breaths.

“I heard that,” Louis exclaims. “And you’re gonna get it, Styles.”

I just smile at him, silently accepting any challenge that he plans to send my way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tee hee. :)