Status: Co-write

Secrets

Harry

“Okay, guys,” I start as I walk backstage after our rehearsal for the concert. All the boys are lounging about, some draping over the couch, Liam sprawling out on the floor. “Who’s up to meeting Molly today?”

“Isn’t your cat’s name Molly?” Louis wonders aloud.

I think about that for a second. “You’re right. That’s actually really weird.” I shake my head to get rid of the idea. “But I’m not talking about my cat. I’m talking about the girl from the coffee shop.”

Liam groans and throws a hand over his eyes. “Are we really still on this? I thought you forgot about her already.”

“Not a chance.” I grin and throw myself on the couch next to Zayn. “So she kind of invited us over her house so that we can all meet and get to know each other before the tour.”

“Oh, great,” Louis exclaims sarcastically. “So we’ll just go over to this strange girl’s house and chat with her about what it’s going to be like when she comes our tour with us, a bunch of blokes she doesn’t know in the least.”

I narrow my eyes at him and struggle not to laugh. “Louis, I don’t appreciate your pessimism.”

He shrugs but doesn’t apologize or say anything to take back his statement.

“Alright, where does she live?” Niall finally surrenders, looking at me.

* * *

“This is a nice place,” Louis observes as we walk up to the front door of her flat building. “I figured she lived in a dump or something.”

“Why the hell would you think that?” I shot back.

“Because I’m trying my hardest to get biased against her,” Louis laughed. “I know I’m going to change my mind the second I see her and get to talk to her, so I’m relishing the fact that I think bringing a bird we don’t even know on tour with us is a bad idea.”

I let out a sigh and ring the buzzer for her to let us into her apartment. “She has a roommate,” I inform the boys, “but I’ve no idea if she’s going to be there or not.”

“Maybe we should invite her on tour, too!” Liam cheers with fake enthusiasm.

I reach over and punch his shoulder, eliciting a mumbled, “Ow,”, just as the little glass room fills with a loud beeping sound, the light over the door flashing to let us know that the door is unlocked.

We have to go up a couple floors up, which makes Niall whine a little bit, but a fast look from me shuts him up quickly enough.

When we get to Molly’s door, she’s already got it open, a grin on her face. “Hi,” she greets, stepping to the side to let the whole lot of us through.

“Hey,” I respond, trying to act cool. “Okay, so, Molly,” she shut the door and turns to face me, “this is Louis, Liam, Niall, and Zayn.”

As I go down the line, each of the boys raises a hand in greeting, smiling, hiding the fact that they had been teasing me about the whole situation nonstop since I told them yesterday.

“Nice to meet you,” she replies, her cheeks filling with a soft blush. “Can I get you anything to drink?”

The boys all exchange looks before Liam steps forward and shakes his head. “No, thank you. We’re alright.”

She nods and heads into the living room area, sitting down on the couch. “You guys can take a seat. Nothing’s booby-trapped.”

I laugh and take her offer, planting my butt next to her on the couch. Soon enough, Liam sits down next to me, Niall takes an armchair, and Zayn and Louis settle for the floor between the two pieces of furniture.

“So, Molly-who-is-not-Harry’s-cat,” Louis starts with a mischievous look on his face, “tell us about yourself.”

She gives me a confused look, which I respond to with a shrug, before she turns back to the boys. “Um…well, I grew up in the States, and I just moved here about three years ago.”

“I knew your accent was American,” Zayn pipes up, “but I didn’t want to say anything unless you thought I was weird.”

She shakes her head. “I wouldn’t think you were weird.”

“Just wait ‘til you actually get to know him,” I snicker.

Zayn immediately responds by punching me hard in the shoulder.

I let out a little whimper, but try to keep my composure in front of Molly. “So, anyway, Molly,” Liam interrupts our fight, “are you sure that you want to come on tour with us?”

“Yeah,” Niall seconds, “you’ve no idea what you’re getting into. We can be kind of a mad bunch.”

Molly smiled and answers, “I’m definitely sure. I think that being able to go around with you guys and see the world is exactly what I need, and it’s definitely what I want.”

Louis nods, pleased with her answer. “Alright, fair enough. As long as you’re absolutely positive that you wouldn’t mind dealing with us twenty-four hours, seven days a week. Because we’re kind of a handful.”

She looks at him, a smirk pulling up one side, and says, “There’s nothing you could do that would make me unable to handle you.”

Niall snorts with laughter and replies, “Oh, wait until the tour starts. You’ll take that back.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:)