Status: Co-write

Secrets

Molly

“Ah, Mrs. Titersburg. Such a pleasure to meet you.” Simon stands up and shakes my hand.

“You too, Mr. Cowell. But please, call me Molly.” I say, shaking his hand back.

“Well then, if we are doing first names, just call me Simon then.” We chuckle then he motions for me to sit down. “So Molly, how long have you been singing?”

“To be truthful, not very long. I had some… very close friends of mine help me finish a song I started writing with my sister in high school and one of them helped me to learn how to play the guitar so I was able to get up the courage to sing, even with my stage fright.” I sit down and cross my legs.

“Wow. For someone that has not had a long career, your voice is stunning. Not many people can pull off the Taylor Swift voice but you pulled it off very well.”

“Thank you so much. I really only started singing because I wanted a way to bond with my sister and after she passed away, I lost track of our song that we were working on but then I got sudden inspiration for it and I am just really happy with how it turned out.”

“Okay. Now let me tell you the whole point of this meeting. You are such pure, raw talent that is such a blessing that should not be wasted. I would like to sign you to my personal label, if you want to.” Simon says, leaning forward on his elbows.

No way. He did not just say that. Simon Cowell wants to sign me to his label. I am speechless for a moment. I open my mouth to answer him when his office door bursts open.

Simon turns his head to the door. “Harry? What are you doing here?” He asks.

The name stops me. Harry. No. No he couldn’t have found me. I didn’t say where I was in my twitcam. How did he find me?

I stand up quickly. “Well, Mr. Cowell, I hate to be a burden here since Harry is already a part of your label and higher up than me. I will get back to you on your offer once I have a chance to think it over.” Simon hands me his business card and we shake hands then I grab my bag and try to run through the door but Harry’s arm stops me. “Excuse me.” I say, trying to add as much as acid in my voice as I can. I slip under his arm and run outside.

“MOLLY!” I can hear Harry’s voice calling behind me. I continue running until I feel a hand grab my wrist. “Molly.” Harry says again, trying to get me to look at him.

My eyes start watering. “Harry, please let me go.” I say in a soft, broken whisper.

“Not until you tell me why you left. Why Molly? Why did you leave? I woke up in the hospital to find a note that said you were gone and I couldn’t follow after you.”

“That was the point!” I turn my sadness into anger. “I was trying to get away. You didn’t see what I saw. You, lying there in that hospital bed, your face ghostly pale and knowing that it was all my fault. You have no idea how bad I felt. If I would have never met you, you would have never ran into Marcus, who I found out killed 4 other girls the same way he injured you because they wouldn’t surrender to him and put up a fight like I did. I didn’t want you to find me Harry. I want you to go back there to Simon, explain what happened and then I want you to go get back on a plane and go back to America and to never contact me again.”

“So I guess Simon didn’t tell you that after he signed you he was going to have you open for us?” Harry says in a mocking voice.

“Well then if I do get signed I will ask to not go on tour with you guys. Plus I need to write myself new songs.” I say, trying to pull my hand from his grasp.

“Molly, I don’t blame you for what happened. Just please, come back and we can be like we were before.” Harry’s voice is now desperate.

I so badly want to say yes but I reign in my desire. “I’m sorry Harry. Even if I went on tour with you guys again, we can’t ever be the same again. So much has happened between us and it drove us apart. I can’t be with you anymore Harry.”

“Tell me why. Is it because you don’t love me anymore?” He asks.

“Harry, I love you with all my heart. And my heart will always belong to you. But I can never be your girlfriend again. The guilt I feel won’t allow me. So if that is all you wanted to know, I need to go back to my flat and sort out my jumbled mind.”

To my surprise, Harry chuckles. “You have been in London too long. You are starting to get an accent and you used flat instead of apartment.”

“Well I used to know everything. I guess it is all coming back to me.” I say.

“Are you going to tell Uncle Simon that you are Liam’s cousin?”

“Probably. And I am thinking of going by that last name now. Because that is the name I am supposed to have if everything was normal.”

“Well, I hope you decide to come on tour with us Molly. Bye, love.” Harry says, letting go of my wrist.

“Bye.” I whisper, a blush rising to my cheeks as I walk away. Why did he have to come back and complicate things?
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is. Sorry it took so long but I hope the chapter was worth the wait.