Status: Co-write

Secrets

Harry

I run a hand through my hair as I pace back and forth across my flat. It feels strange to be here again after so long of being stationed in America, living on a tour bus. “Do you really think this is going to work?” I mumble to the blue-eyed boy sitting on my couch.

Louis shrugs. “I dunno. But sending in the girls as spies is the best bet we have of getting any kind of scoop on how Molly’s doing and what she thinks of you.”

I clear my throat. “I really wish you wouldn’t call them spies. It makes me feel like we’re breaching her privacy or something. But we’re really just checking up on her.”

“They’re the same thing, mate,” he replies. “You’re just saying them two different ways.”

“Saying it my way makes me feel better about all this.”

I keep stepping, one foot in the front of the other, my hands clasped behind my back. I feel like I might be going crazy from the anxiety of finding out how Molly is coping with everything.

Just as I’m about to ask how long it takes to draw a conclusion about how Molly’s doing, Louis’ mobile goes off loudly.

Mumbling to himself, he pulls the thing out of his pocket and checks the text message. “El just told me that she, Danielle, and Tori are all staying the night at Molly and Alicia’s place and watching movies.”

I pause in place and spin on my toe to face him. “What do you mean? How are we going to find out how she’s doing then?”

Louis rolls his eyes at me dramatically as he responds to his girlfriend. “What? You can’t wait until tomorrow to find out if she’s okay or not? Harry, you’re being obsessive. Just sit down.”

I bite my lip. “Maybe I need some alcohol.”

“Good idea,” Louis applauds as I walk into the kitchen.

It had been such a long time since I’d had alcohol, and I figured it would help me forget about my worries, even for a little while. Any kind of assistance would benefit everyone at this point. Especially poor Louis, who looks like he’s ready to jump off the couch and lop off my head. He probably will, too, if he hears me say one more word about Molly or how she’s doing.

“Do you want one?” I ask as I pull a beer out of the fridge for me. It’s been sitting there since before we went to America, but I don’t care at the moment.

“Sure,” Louis agrees as he props his legs up next to him. “Want to watch some footie? It’ll probably distract you a little more.”

“It definitely won’t,” I tell him honestly. “But we’ll try to find something.”

We flip through the channels before we find Grease playing on one of the movie channels. I can almost feel Louis’ begging coming off him in waves, so I stop and sip my beer as we watch Sandy and Danny reunite on the night of the pep rally.

“I’d kill myself if my voice got all high like that when I talked to Molly,” I mutter to myself after Danny squeals, “Sandy?!”

Louis turns and blinks at me. “First off, don’t make fun of my movie, wanker. Second, you sound even worse than that when you talk about Molly. You get this dreamy look on your face, and your stare goes a million miles away. And then when she left, you were just miserable all the time. You kind of suck.”

“Oh, is that so?” I snap back. “You should see yourself around El, you little sap.”

“Hey, I acknowledge that I melt when I’m around Eleanor. I’d do anything for her. But you think you’re this cool studmuffin, when you’re definitely not.”

I narrow my eyes at him, but I really don’t have much of an answer for that. He probably does have a point.

So instead of entertaining him, I turn back to the television and drink some more of my beer.
Watching the movie actually does drag my mind away from Molly, but as the car flies off into the distance, the worries come racing back, despite the two beers I consumed.

“Do you think you can ask El to sneak into the bathroom and give us some information?” I suggest to Louis, trying to sound nonchalant, but I knew I actually come off as crazy.

Louis rolls his eyes. “No. Now shut up and change the channel. Grease 2 is coming on.”

“I thought you liked Grease, though.”

He fake-gags. “I love Grease. The original. But the sequel is a load of shit. It’s probably the worst thing I’ve ever seen in my life.”

“Okay, changing the channel,” I mutter under my breath, searching for something new to watch.
I finally find a channel that’s showing The Notebook and sniffle as I curl into the couch.

“Oh, fuck no,” Louis exclaims, reaching over and snatching the remote from me to flick away from the sad movie. “There’s no way we’re watching that so you can cry about your lack of a love life. Do you know how awkward that would be for me?”

I sigh and don’t argue when he changes it to an old Will Ferrell movie. I laugh in all the right places, but this movie doesn’t suck me in like Grease did, and my mind keeps wandering, thinking about Molly and what she’s doing right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)