Status: Co-write

Secrets

Harry

It’s nearly a quarter past seven by the time the bus pulls up in front of Molly’s house, thanks to Louis’ daily hair routine that takes about a hundred hours. Give or take.

“Okay, everyone knows their cues, right?” Liam questions as we crouch near the door.

“I don’t even understand why we’re doing this,” Niall expresses, trying to stretch out his back a bit, but he only ends up smacking his head against a counter. “She knows we’re in here.”

“But this is still a surprise party,” Louis argues. “So we’ve got to go through all the routines correctly.”

I nod, blowing away the curl that falls into my face. “Yeah, I agree with Louis. She deserves a proper birthday.”

Niall sighs. “She just better come in soon or-”

“Hello?” Molly’s voice calls out as the door opens. “Guys?”

“SURPRISE!” we all scream, jumping out of our various hiding places. Zayn smacks into a table and nearly curses, but ends up pasting on a tight smile instead.

Molly’s face turns beet red as she giggles. “Oh my God! You didn’t have to do this.”

“We wanted to,” I tell her honestly, putting an arm around her. “It’s your birthday, and you deserve to celebrate it.”

“Um, I think going on tour with you guys was celebration enough,” she laughs. “But thank you.”

“Don’t thank us yet. Wait until we get to the American bus,” Liam grins.

“What do you mean?” she questions hesitantly.

“We got you a cake!” Niall blurts out, immediately getting a slap of the back of the head from Zayn. “What?”

“That was supposed to be a surprise, moron,” Zayn grumbles.

“Oh. Whoops.” Niall flushes as he stumbles to cover up his mistake. “I mean…we didn’t get you a cake?”

Louis lets out a laugh and shakes his head. “Whatever. The cat’s out of the bag now. Surprise?”

Molly smiles widely at all of us before going around to give us all hugs. “You guys are the greatest, really. I just know that this tour is going to be the best ever.”

“We hope so,” I respond. “’Cause otherwise, we’ll have to sacrifice Niall.”

“Wait, what?” Niall snaps his head up to face me. “Why me? And why would you have to sacrifice me?”

“Because…the concert gods demand it,” I answer easily. “And it has to be you because you’re the only blonde one and the only Irish one. That’s a double whammy of not-fitting-in, mate.”

“I like to think that means that it makes me original,” Niall defends, folding his arms in front of his chest proudly. “So maybe one of you should be sacrificed.”

I think about this for a second before nodding. “You’re right. I think it should be Zayn or Liam.”

“What?” Liam gasps. “Why?”

“Because could you imagine the uproar that would happen if Louis or I were sacrificed?” I ask cheekily. “The world would erupt into chaos. But I think we could get along without one of you.”

“Good luck doing vocal runs without me,” Zayn huffs jokingly.

“Hmm…you’ve got a good point there…Liam, you’re out. If this tour doesn’t go well.”

Liam sighs and tries not to laugh as he stuffs his hands into his pockets. “Whatever. Let’s just make this the best tour ever. Agreed?”

Everyone on the bus nods.

Soon enough, we arrive at the airport and get our bags checked in quickly. Once we’re on the plane, the arguments start for where we’re all going to sit.

“I call not sitting next to Niall!” Zayn pipes up. “Because I love him and all, but I’ve gotten stuck with him on the past million plane rides. And he drools in his sleep. I’m not getting my jacket ruined today.”

Liam chuckles and steps forward. “I’ll sit with you, Zayn.”

Zayn looks fine with this arrangement as the two of them sit down.

“Niall, you’re with me,” Louis sighs. “Since I don’t want to break up the lovebirds.”

Molly flushes deeply, while I give Louis a death glare. “Funny,” I comment drily, “I was going to offer to sit with Molly for the same reason.”

“Ohhh!” Zayn and Liam chorus for backup, grins on their faces.

“Oh, it’s on, Styles,” Louis warns as he sits down in the aisle seat. “You won’t know when or where…but it’s on.”

“Bring it, Tomlinson.” I raise my eyebrows at him before settling down next to Molly.

“Comfy?” I ask her, smiling a little.

She nods. “This is going to be great, I can tell already. I don’t know how you guys have so much energy this early in the morning.”

“Practice,” I admit with a chuckle. “Lots and lots of practice.”

About a half hour later, the plane is in the air, and Molly drifts off to sleep. She’s curled up against me, her hand resting on my chest and her cheek on my shoulder.

Smirking, I put in one ear bud of my iPod and listen to a bit of Coldplay, excited out of my mind for the kickoff of our American tour.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)

If you guys didn't click last time around, here's my link again. Thanks so much for clicking! It means so much to me. :D