Status: Just Trying it out. c:

The Only Hope For Me Is You

Her Eyes Give Her Away

.:Aisling:.

It’s been two days since the encounter with the people that took care of Alcatraz. Maybe she is right though, that Alcatraz liked it better over there than here. Since he hadn’t bothered to escape and look for us for two weeks. I wouldn’t blame him though. Their house was huge! It was practically a mansion. Ok maybe I’m exaggerating a bit.

Anyways I’m planning on going back and giving them a puppy. Its Betsy and Alcatraz’s litter. She gave birth to seven cute babies. Three girls and four boys. It’s been a little over Two months now so the puppies are able to go to a new home. I just don’t know if they’d want a boy or a girl. Or if they’d want one that looks more like Alcatraz or Betsy. Well I guess I’ll just take them all and see which one they’d want. I usually sell the puppies that are born from one of the strays and that money usually goes to food. Sometimes clothes. Only if I need them badly though. It wouldn’t hurt if I just gave one of the puppies’ away, right?

Currently I was in an alley looking for a big enough box that will fit the puppies and still give them some space to move so I can carry them to the house.

Letting out a small grunt I lifted the lid of a big metal trashcan. Looking around I saw some red metal poke out with a wheel attached. Grabbing onto it I pulled it out with all the force I had in my small body. Heaving it over the edge of the trash can, it fell to the ground with a loud ’CLANG’. Turning the thing over I realized that it was a wagon. Well what luck.

Grinning I grabbed the handle and inspected it. Well it looked kind of dirty but that’s okay. Pushing it a little bit it rolled easily. It works fine too. I wonder why they threw it away. Shrugging I walked out of the alley way and down the street to the park that was a couple blocks from here. The park held a small pond where ducks would come and swim around. Trees surrounded the whole place. In one particular spot if you squeeze your way in between branches and trees there was an opening and that’s where I lived. Along with the dogs.

Pushing back the branches I heaved the wagon to the little open area. Alcatraz and one of his old pups from a previous litter with Betsy came trotting to meet me. Alcatraz’s pup name is Inmate. Get it! Alcatraz is a prison and inmate is a prisoner! Yeah I’m pretty lame like that. Inmate is about 2 years old now and is a brownish rustic color with a white patch on his chest. He has Betsy’s body and pointy ears but Alcatraz’s muscle and tail. He has a knack of getting himself in trouble though, which is why he never was able to find a good home.

“Hey baby’s,” I cooed patting each of them on the head. “Look what I found.” I told them showing them the wagon.

Inmate immediately jumped on the wagon and sat down barking and snapping at Alcatraz playfully. Shaking my head I walked to one of the trees that held a backpack full of some clothes and blankets. Opening the backpack I took out two blankets and walked back to the wagon. Shooing Inmate of the wagon I laid one of the blankets on it. Again Inmate jumped on the wagon. Draping the other blanket on my arm I walked towards Betsy who was at the far edge of the opening under some low branches corralling the puppies. Laying down the blanket in front of the puppies, they each wobbled on the blanket sniffing around and yipping at one another. Once everyone was one the blanket I grabbed the edges of the blanket and picked them up. Laying it down on the wagon I let the blanket hang over the edges.

“Alright let’s go,” I mumbled. Turning the wagon around I made sure the puppies wouldn’t jump over the edge of the wagon. But it turns out I wouldn’t have to. Inmate and Alcatraz were in each side of the wagon and they would push the puppies with their nose back into the wagon if the leaned out a bit. Smiling I began the long walk to the house with Betsy right beside me.

I shouldn’t have done this today! Man it’s like 10000 degrees today. Not to mention the sun is at its highest point in the sky. Got to love California though. One day it’s Freakin’ cold the next it feels like you’re in a dessert. But usually it has the best weather not to cold and not too hot. It’s just right. Not today though!

Well on the bright side I’m almost to the house. I’ve been walking for a good 30 minutes and I was tired. Thankfully I was able to spot the house from here. Just one more block and I’m there.

Sighing I looked up at the house. The house looked like it was made for a celebrity. Big windows letting you get a glimpse of the inside. A long sideways driveway leading to the garage and then breaking away to lead to the front door. Trees scattered in the front yard. It looked beautiful. Walking up the pathway to the front door I walked up the small step and pulled the wagon with me, jostling the puppies inside.

Taking in a deep breath I knocked on the door. Looking over at the driveway I saw 4 big cars parked there. They must have company. Maybe I should come back another time. Before I was able to turn around the door swung open, revealing the tall guy from last time. The one that said, I had a cool name.

Smiling shyly at his confused but yet surprised face I gave him a small wave. Seeming to snap out of it he ran back inside yelling at someone.

Confused I just stood there till I saw the big guy and the blonde from last time round the corner and walk over. The tall guy and a short guy also following. Nosy much? The short one had blonde and black hair with a nose ring. The one that opened the door had crazy hair. Short in the back, long in the front and he had a labret piercing. They both wore some cut off muscle shirt thing and swim trunks. I guess they were going to go to the beach.

A cough suddenly grabbed my attention. Snapping my head up I looked at the big guy with the Mohawk. He had his lip pierced and wore the same thing as his friends. The woman had short shiny blonde hair and had on a floral sundress with flip flops.

“Hey,” The big guy said with a friendly smile making his dimples pop out. “What brings you here?”

“Oh um,” I mumbled looking down at Betsy. “Well-”

I was suddenly cut off as two women walked down the stairs of the house, one of them screeching upon seeing Betsy, I guess.

“Ain’t she the cutest thing!” She yelled jumping down the remaining stairs. Running toward the door she pushed the big guy aside. Instead of kneeling down to pet Betsy though she grabbed and pinched my cheeks. What the hell? “You’re so beautiful. I’m jealous.”

“Leana. Give the girl her space. Don’t scare her away,” the other new woman said. She looked a lot like the blonde but she had brown long wavy hair. I’m guessing there sisters.

Upon hearing her friend, Leana backed away and sulked her way to the tall guy. Alright one name down, a crap load to go.

“I’m sorry what are you guy’s name anyways?” I asked.

“Oh well I’m Matt,” the buff dude said. “That’s Val, Leana, Michelle, Jimmy, and Johnny,” He finished pointing everyone out.

“Oh okay then,” I said. “Well the reason I bothered you guys was because I was wondering if-”

Just then I was cut off …again, as two more guys popped out of a doorway. Man how many people are here!?

“I heard Leana screeching. What happened? Oh, it’s you,” he said finally taking notice of me at the door.
“What are you doing here?” he didn’t say it rudely, he just didn’t say it nicely. Michelle walked up to him and slapped him on the chest giving him the evil eye.

“Brian,” she hissed, “Don’t be rude.”

“I wasn-” he was cut off by his friend who had blue hair. How strange. It suited him though. I don’t remember him from last time but he looked familiar.

“I’m sorry for my friend,” He said walking up next to Matt and Val. “he just doesn’t know how to not be a jerk. I’m Zacky by the way.” He stuck out his hand. Reaching out, hesitantly I shook his hand.

“Aisling,” I mumbled out. Smiling he pulled his hand away.

“What brings you here?” he asked.

“Oh yeah.” blushing I stepped to the side, bumping Betsy out of the way, so they were able to see the puppies. “Um, right since Val seemed pretty upset that I took Alcatraz away. And I’m sorry for that but I really love Alcatraz. And I wasn’t willing to just give him away. But I have a few of his and Betsy’s puppies here. If you’re interested, you guys can have one. If you don’t want any that’s okay. You don’t have to if you don’t want to. I mean no one can replace what you had, but really you didn’t really have Alcatraz in the first place…and I’m rambling I should shut up now.” I ranted looking down.

God don’t I know how to shut up!

Looking up I saw everyone have this small smile on their faces.

“Oh sweetie. I would love a puppy!” Val squealed. “How much would they cost?”

“Oh their free.” I told her, rolling the wagon forward a bit so they can get a better look at the puppies. “I didn’t know which one you guys would like so I brought them all.”

“Oh there so cute! Aren’t they Matt,” she beamed looking at the puppies then at Matt.

“They sure are,” he chuckled, kneeling down to get a closer look at the puppies. He picked one of the females up. She looked more like Alcatraz. She was a gray color with a white belly and chest. “How old are they?” he asked cradling the small puppy to his chest.

“They’re about a little over two months old,” I told him smiling.

“And who’s this?” Val asked turning to look at Inmate. She reached her hand out and started petting him to which he laid down and rolled on to his back. Basking in the belly rub.

“Oh he’s Inmate. He’s one of Betsy’s and Alcatraz’s old puppies from two years ago. I was never really able to find a home for him so I kept him,” I explained.

“I see what you did there!” Jimmy exclaimed tapping a finger to his temple and grinned.

Laughing I grinned. “I couldn’t help it!”

“So anyways which puppy would you like?” I asked Matt and Val.

Matt had already put the puppy down and picked up another one. It was a boy and he has the cute floppy ears and color of Betsy.

“Well I don’t know,” Matt answered. “Val?”

Val looked up from petting Inmate. “Huh? Oh I don’t know either.” Crawling on her knees to the wagon she looked inside. “There all so cute. I can’t decide. What are you going to do with the rest of them?”

“I’m going to sell them,” I said petting Betsy who kept a watchful eye on her puppies.

“So why aren’t you making Matt and Val pay?” Jimmy asked from the doorway.

“I don’t know,” I muttered playing with Betsy’s ear.

“Well that’s very kind of you,” Val said standing up along with Matt. “How about this. You can go sell the puppies and whoever is left you can give to us.”

“Okay. That sounds good.” I smiled. “I’ll come back soon. Puppies go fast.”

Walking over to the wagon I picked up the handle. Giving one last smile to the group I wheeled the wagon around and tried to softly lower the wagon from the steps. Walking away I headed to the beach. That’s where all the kids would be, at this time of day. Halfway down the block I saw a black big car drive by with jimmy’s head out the window waving like a mad-man. Letting out a giggle I waved back, causing him to let out a load whoop and then they were gone.

“Well let’s get going before the kids leave,” I whispered to Alcatraz who took Betsy’s place next to me and vice versa. Barking he trotted alongside me.

-.-.-.-.-.-.:One hour later:.-.-.-.-.-.-

All the puppies have been sold. Well except for one. It was the first female that Matt picked up. The gray one with the white belly and chest. For now let’s just call her Bambi. She sure does walk like Bambi. Wobbly and insecure. I know I should probably head to the house to give them Bambi but I was hungry. And I wasn’t going to spend my money just yet. I sold the puppies for 10 dollars each. So now I have 60 bucks. That’s pretty good money.

I was currently laying down in between some families. They had bags of chips and soda out in the open. I hid the wagon under the pier that was a good walk away from where I’m at. Inmate was supposed to be guarding it. Hugging Bambi Close to me I rolled onto my knees my feet ready to run. Betsy was working her charm on the family to the left, distracting them, while Alcatraz slowly slid closer and closer to the bag of chips. In one swift movement he grabbed the bag and sprinted away me and Betsy following closely behind. I heard the family curse and shout at us. Giving them a mental apology I ran all the way to pier. Walking over to the wagon I sat down and grabbed the bag of chips from Alcatraz mouth.

“Good boy,” I murmured to Alcatraz. Setting Bambi on the ground I opened the bag. Urg! It wasn’t even half way full. It wasn’t enough for all of us. Sticking my hand in the bag I took some out and fed Betsy.

“We’re gonna have to get some more,” I commented. “You up to do it again Alcatraz?”

Braking he wagged his tail rapidly and bowed down his butt in the air. Jumping from side to side, reminding me of Inmate. Where is that pup anyways? Looking around I searched for Inmate. I left him here to ‘guard’ the wagon and he’s gone. As if sensing my thoughts Alcatraz grabbed the edge of my tattered pants and pulled towards the opposite direction from where we came. Taking a few steps forward he stopped me. Letting out numerous barks he waited. For what, I don’t know. Sighing I bent down to pet Bambi who was jumping on my legs. Then I heard a bark in the distance. It kind of sounded like Inmate. Well I found him. No that’s a lie. Alcatraz found him.

“Come on let’s get some grub.”

Following Inmate’s barks I searched for a gullible enough family that will fall for Alcatraz’s tricks. When you live in the streets long enough you learn how to read people. I wasn’t really amazing at reading people. But I wasn’t half bad. Considering no one ever caught me.

But it seemed that Alcatraz had better plans. He led me far away from the mass of people and tugged on my jeans wanting me to sit down. Sitting down I looked around there was no one close by. Licking my face he ran off with Betsy in tow. Sitting back I decided I would build a sand fort.

.:Matt:.

I watched as Aisling walked down the driveway. Closing the door I turned to Val, who had this confused look on her face.

“What’s on your mind?” I asked her wrapping my arm around her.

“You mean you didn’t see,” she said her face looking up at me with astonishment. Uh was I supposed to see something? Shrugging my shoulders I kept quiet.

“Dude she was wearing the same clothes as last time,” Jimmy exclaimed making weird hand signals.

“So,” Shrugging I walked to the kitchen. “She probably likes those clothes a lot?”

“You’re so dense man,” Muttered Jimmy, “I seriously 100% doubt that she likes ugly tattered clothes. I mean did you see her jeans? There were holes everywhere dirt and grime everywhere. Her shirt looked like if she took it out of the garbage. She didn’t even have shoes!”

“Didn’t you smell something funny?” Val asked while I grabbed the keys from the bar.

“Well yeah. But that doesn’t really say much. Maybe she’s the kind that showers every other day?”

“Matt, that’s gross.” Val exclaimed.

“Whatever let’s just get the booze so we can go to the beach.” Opening the passenger door of my 4x4 Black SUV for Val I quietly shut the door and walked to my side. Everyone clambering in the car.

Backing out of the driveway I turned on the radio instantly turning to a rock station. Halfway down the street I saw Aisling walking towards the beach. Slowing down a bit I really looked at her. The guy’s were right. She did have nasty looking clothes. And I know that no teenage girl enjoys wearing crap like that.

Jimmy took this opportunity to lower the window and stick his head out and flailed his arms shouting a greeting. Aisling looked up and a grin took over her face raising her arm returning his gesture. Letting out a big whoop Jimmy stuck his head back in the car. Chuckling slightly I looked in the rear view mirror to Jimmy who had turned in his seat to look out the back window and look at Aisling as we drove away in till she was completely out of sight. Turning back in his seat I heard him sigh quietly.

Parking in front of the liqiuor store I asked, “Jim you want to go inside with me?”

“Yeah sure,” Jimmy replied happily jumping out of the car almost falling on his face. Laughing I got out as well.

Once inside the store we got some few packs of beer and went to pay. Jimmy looked deep in thought.

“Penny for your thoughts?”

“Huh,” Looking up at me he smiled slightly. “Well I don’t want to be a total downer but I know the signs. You know of being homeless.”

When we were teenagers Jimmy’s parents kicked him out, for being too reckless. He was homeless for close to 5 months. Then I found out and took him in.

“Jimmy let’s not jump to conclusions,” I sighed paying for the booze.

“I’m not though.” He protested picking up some of the packs and walking towards the exit. “I know how it is. The clothes, the fact that she didn’t want you to give her a ride ‘home’ last time, the smell, and her eyes.” Sighing he looked ahead. “her eyes completely give her away. The longing in them, the sadness.”

Walking to the back of the car I opened the trunk and put the pack in, Jimmy copying my actions. Closing the trunk I grabbed Jimmy's arm before he was able to walk away.

“Jimmy I know this might be hard for you. You know having to remember what you went through but I just let it go for now. I’ll think of something, okay?”

“Alright,” Grinning madly he reverted to his old crazy self. “Now let’s go get shit faced!” Opening his door he backed up a few steps and superman jumped in the car. A round of curses and shouting erupted from the car.

“Jimmy you fuckin’ idiot!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Inmate.!
'Bambi'.!
Matt's House
Matt's Car
Wagon.!

Well here's the second chapter. I hope it's long Enough for you guys((:

please tell me what you thing.. should I continue or not?

Comment; Subscribe; Rec? I don't know just leave some Kind Of Love :D<33

.: Watch the sun come up - Example