Status: Active!

Misfits

one.

Taryn was in her mothers backyard simply trying to enjoy the sunlight. She sighed. In all honesty, she hated the sun and she was bored out of her mind. Her mother just forced her to go sit outside, saying something about the benefits of vitamin D. She had finished the book she was reading and was far too lazy and comfortable in the big bucket like chair to go find another one. She let her thoughts wander as much as her ever-curious big, green eyes. It really was a nice day out, Taryn just didn't like the sun. Her eyes turned to her mothers house. The woman had just remodeled the whole thing. She had the house repainted, and replaced most of the furniture. The old, dingy grey was replaced with an off white, and there was a soft, sea foam green spread along certain edges. It looked quirky, but it matched her mothers quirky personality perfectly. Taryn's eyes wandered over the new colors, and the grass that had just been cut, and the vines that were twisting their way up along one of the pillars supporting the cover over the back porch. Her eyes wandered for a few more moments before she froze. Her eyes shot back to the pillar and widened. She let out a squeak.
The vines were creeping up the pillar before her very eyes, wrapping themselves around gracefully. She sat there dumbfounded. She was no expert on plants, but no plant grew that fast. Small flowers started blooming from the vines before Taryn moved again. She tried to jump out of the chair, but in her rush she ended up tumbling out of it, the chair crashing down on top of her. She squirmed out from underneath it just as her mom walked outside to the sound of the commotion.
"What are you doing, sweetheart?" the woman asked the girl struggling to pull herself up. Taryn pointed at the vines with a shaky hand.
"Plants don't grow like that, Mom. Why are they growing that fast?" Taryn managed to choke out. The woman watched the flowering ivy plants creeping up the pillar. She was quiet for a long moment. "Mom?" Taryn called out, seeing the troubled expression on her mothers face.
"Come inside, honey. We have a few things to talk about," the woman sighed, taking her eyes off the plant and walking inside. Taryn followed after one last glance at the mutant plant. Once she was seated, her mother took a breath.
"Taryn, I think it's time you learn about your father," the woman breathed. Taryn furrowed her brows. She and her mother had never spoken of the twenty year old's father. Her mother thought of how to begin the story. "You know who Thor is, yes?" she questioned.
"Yeah. Big blonde guy with a magic hammer who helped save New York three years ago. Norse god of thunder. Mythological gods turned out to be real. What does he have to do with anything?" Taryn asked.
"Sweetheart, he's not the first Asgardian to ever have visited Earth..." the woman started.
-

Odin had just received news from Heimdall, the Gatekeeper, that Taryn, daughter of Ahrima learned of her true origins. He summoned Ahrima and waited for the god's arrival. After a short wait, a man with brown hair and bright green eyes approached Odin.
"You summoned me, Allfather?" the man asked, kneeling to his King.
"You have business to attend to Ahrima," Odin started. "On Earth. Your daughter has learned of her true origins. It is time to honor the agreement you made twenty years ago," Odin informed the god before him.
-

Taryn looked at her mother incredulously for a long moment. She sounded like a madman.
"So you had a fling with a god twenty years ago and I'm some sort of half Asgardian, half human creation? That's ridiculous, Mom, are you sure you're feeling okay?" she asked the woman.
"I know it's difficult to comprehend, but it's the truth, Taryn. I made an agreement with your father before he left back for Asgard. If you were to ever show signs of your Asgardian blood, he was to come back to Earth for you to show you what you are," Taryn's mother said.
"Why did he leave in the first place if he knew about me?" Taryn asked.
"We were young and naive, Taryn. Asgardian's can make the same mistakes that mortals can when they're young and in love. He wasn't ready to stay on Earth to raise a child, and I couldn't simply just go to Asgard to live among immortality-" her mother explained, but Taryn interrupted her.
"So what if I hadn't shown any sign of 'Asgardian blood' then? Would you have just let me live the rest of my life in the dark?" Taryn snapped. She felt betrayed. How could her mother have gone this long without telling her the truth?
"Taryn, I did this because I love you. Your father did this because he loves you," the woman said.
"You could have told me! I spent years of my life wondering why my father wasn't in it. I cried myself to sleep every night after seeing some little girl at the park or the store, or anywhere, with her father, wondering why I couldn't have that. You let me suffer all those years, coming up with all kinds of possibilities as to why I never heard about him," Taryn exclaimed, her voice growing louder in anger and pain as she spoke.
"Taryn-" the woman tried. The more emotional Taryn got, the bigger the flame would get on the candle resting on the coffee table.
"I'm going home," Taryn said, voice low and shaky. She just wanted to go sleep off her anger and eat her emotions. She felt utterly betrayed. Without another word, she stormed out of the door and sped off down the road toward her New York apartment. Her mother sighed and looked outside at the ivy that had grown on the pillar. It had died.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm on a Loki binge like so many others, so I thought I'd try a story. We shall see how it goes.