Status: Active!

Misfits

twelve.

"You're angry," Taryn said when she happened upon Loki that evening. He had been sitting down, eyes on the slowly dying fire in the center of the room. He looked up at her as she plopped herself down on the other side.
"I'm fine," he said, smiling at her.
"You're lying. I know when somethings bothering you," she smirked. Loki raised a wondering brow. "It's your eyes. They turn a really weird blue when you're really upset," she explained. Loki huffed a bitter laugh.
"It's an unfortunate remainder of the things I've done," he said softly, turning his eyes to the window in place of a wall, watching the colorful evening sky. The power the scepter had over him had never entirely left him. He almost flinched in surprise when she was suddenly on the couch with him, watching the sky as well. A smile touched his lips when he noticed the odd way she was sitting. Her chin rested on the back of the couch, and her arms were hanging lazily over the same.
"Everyone makes mistakes," she shrugged. "Even gods."
The two watched the sky through the window in silence for a while, the only noise being the quiet crackling of the fires embers. He was drawn out of his thoughts when he felt her fingers gingerly make contact with his hand. He looked to see her small fingers begin fiddling with his, a small grin rising to his face before he turned his eyes back to the sky, growing darker with each passing minute.
"Do you miss Midgard?" Loki asked softly after a few moments of silence.
"Sometimes. I haven't been gone very long, but I do miss it. I'm not as much of an outcast there," she said.
"Don't let those that taunt you get under your skin. There is nothing wrong with you, Taryn," Loki said softly, giving her small hand a light, reassuring squeeze. Taryn pursed her lips thoughtfully.
"I hear what they say. They go out of their way to have me hear it sometimes. I don't understand why they think I'm such a parasite here, I didn't do anything to them," she said, frustration evident in her voice and face. Loki hummed a small noise of thought before looking back at her, mischief weaving its way into his eyes. She noticed the smirk on the gods lips and her eyes narrowed cautiously. "Loki, what are you doing?" Taryn asked slowly.
"I think I might know what will cheer you up," he said devilishly.
"What-" she was interrupted by Loki quickly trapping her, and her question was forgotten, replaced with high pitched squeals of the laughter he had grown quite fond of, and her feeble attempts to escape his clutches. The tickle torture ended eventually, in Taryn's eyes it felt like eternity, and the girl was left flustered and breathing heavily, glaring but unable to stop the smile growing on her lips. Loki was bent over her, an arm on either side of her body, his lips curled in a victorious smile. Taryn's own smile grew softer after a moment.
"What is it?" Loki asked, noticing the change.
"Your eyes are green again," she said quietly. His smile faltered a bit, and before he could stop himself, he had dipped his head and captured Taryn's lips with his own. After the initial shock, Taryn found herself returning the innocent kiss. It seemed all too soon when Loki pulled away, a hint of worry in his ever mischievous green eyes.
"I apologize, I-I did not intend to do that," he stammered quietly, pushing himself back up sheepishly. Before he had even extended his arms fully, she had pushed herself up with one hand, and placed the other on the back of his neck to hold him steady, pressing her lips against his once more. It was not so gentle this time. There was more confidence, more wanting put into it. Loki was slightly shocked at first, his eyebrows raising, before he settled into the kiss with a very contented sigh.
He would by lying if he had claimed he didn't want this. Quite frankly, at that moment, he wanted nothing more than to ravish her. A darker side of his mind would give anything to see her squirming beneath him in the most intimate sense of the word. He wanted to make her weak in the knees. He wanted to hear the possibilities of her voice, to listen to her breathing shake and hitch in her throat. He wanted to feel her skin on his. He wanted to see the expressions no other man would ever have the privilege of seeing. He wanted to push her far over the edge in pleasure. He wanted to drive her completely mad.
Loki almost let his thoughts carry him away, but he had more respect for Taryn than that. That darker part of his mind was overpowered by the strong affection he held for her. He held her in a light too bright to take advantage of her in such a way. He had to control himself, dismiss his desires. It would not be easy, for the Tesseract still had a certain amount of power over him, and he still craved total control, but he could fight it. For her, he could fight it.
Their lips danced heatedly for a while longer, tongues exploring and Taryn's fingers tangling lightly in his dark locks, only pushing him further over the edge, before their jaws grew tired and they were forced to pull apart. Taryn was slightly confused with herself. She was never one to initiate anything with such intensity. She was mildly aware of some force in the back of her mind that convinced her to make such a decision. It was something she had never noticed was there before. The force was accompanied by emotions she couldn't quite feel, but she knew they were there. She shook the thought from her mind, but not before Loki had noticed the conflict on her face.
"Is something bothering you?" he asked her, slightly fearful it may have been something he did. She looked up at him with a reassuring smile and shook her head.
"I'm fine," she said, planting a light peck on his lips to prove his thoughts wrong. He knew it wasn't the truth, but he accepted her answer regardless. A moment passed in silence before anyone spoke again. "So what had you upset earlier?" she asked. Loki smirked at her.
"I hardly think that matters anymore," he said, sitting up straight to give Taryn room to move. Loki walked her back to her bedroom after the fire had completely died. Standing before her door, he turned to face her. He took hold of her hand, bringing it to his lips, and placed a soft kiss on her knuckles, bid her goodnight and left with a grin. Loki felt terrible. He couldn't bring himself to tell her the truth when he saw her. He was afraid of what would happen if she knew. He did not want to be at fault for her mind falling.