Status: Active!

Misfits

fifteen.

Loki kept a close eye on Taryn over the next few days. He didn't want her to hurt herself during another incident. It grew harder to watch her with each day that passed, knowing he had the power to tell her the truth, but being unwilling to tell her for her own protection. He could tell she wasn't sleeping well, if very much at all. The faint dark circles under her eyes told him so. He confronted her about it, worried.
"You haven't been sleeping properly," he noted as they stood in one of the gardens one afternoon. She turned from the flowers she was tampering with, eyes resting on Loki.
"I can't," she shrugged. "Something's keeping me up," she said, turning back to the flowers. Loki sighed, watching her touch one of the flowers. It died under her fingertip, and she dropped her hand miserably, only for Loki to take the same hand and pull her gently before him. He cupped her face gently, running a thumb lightly along her cheekbone. She could hardly hold his gaze.
"My bed is large enough for both of us. You said so yourself. If you would like to, you can sleep in my chambers," he offered.
"I don't want to bother you-"
"Taryn, you need your rest. If you are not alone, rest may come easier. You won't bother me," he said softly. She sighed.
"Fine," she gave in. Loki smiled and placed a kiss on her lips.
"I just want to know what's going on," she said, shoulders slumping.
"I'm sure there is nothing wrong," Loki said.
"People don't just lose control of themselves, Loki. They don't just black out and come to, only to see they put a huge crack in the ground, or they find themselves standing on the edge of some balcony. I'm pretty sure this isn't something to blow off," Taryn said, frustration in her voice. "There's something wrong. You know there is," she added quietly. Loki was quiet. He didn't know what to say. He settled for gingerly brushing a strand of hair out of her face as he searched for the words.
"I won't leave you to fight this alone. I know what it is like to have control taken from you. I have done things I am not proud of. I have my regrets. I will see to it that you do not do the same," he finally said.
"If something bad happens... Like, if I go bat shit crazy and end up trying to hurt somebody. Would you make sure I didn't?" she asked, fear in her eyes. He gave her a small grin, and took hold of her hands.
"I would do what I could," he said. "I will not let you make the same mistakes I did."
"I don't want to lose my mind," she mumbled.
"You are not going to lose your mind," Loki said.
"You don't know that."
"Taryn, I will stand by you no matter what happens. You will not be alone. I can promise you that," he said, locking his eyes onto hers.
-

Despite the circumstances, Loki couldn't help but admire the fact that Taryn was once again in his bedroom, wearing a night shirt of his. He watched her, a small smirk playing on his lips, as she looked through his bookshelf curiously. He approached her quietly, eyes hesitantly leaving her bare legs as he reached her. Without warning, he scooped her up bridal style. She let out a squeak and instinctively gripped onto his shoulders tightly. He laughed softly at her reaction as he turned around and carried the girl toward the large bed.
"It is time for you to get some rest," he whispered into her ear before setting her down on one side of the mattress. He walked around to the other side and climbed into the bed as well. A grin spread onto his lips as he watched Taryn burrow under the covers. She looked so small as she curled herself up into a ball. She looked up to find him smiling.
"What?" she asked, voice muffled by the comforter.
"You are too adorable for your own good," he said affectionately, moving closer to her. She uncurled and cuddled herself into Loki's side. His fingertips ran gingerly up and down her back in attempt to lull her to an easy sleep.
-
Taryn woke up, and after a moment of groggy confusion, realized there was an arm draped loosely over her middle, her back pressed against Loki's chest and their legs tangled together. She could hear the god breathing softly in her ear, each exhale tickling the back of her neck. She grinned at the sound. Sleeping was the perfect escape. There was nothing to worry about while sleeping. Nothing to be constantly angry about. Just sleep. Just calm. Loki needed calm. Taryn was still for a few moments longer, just listening to the steady pattern of the god's breathing, before stretching herself out under the covers. Her movement stirred Loki from his slumber. Eyes still closed, he let out a contented sigh and pulled her further into his chest tightly.
"Good morning," he mumbled, sleep hanging heavy in his voice.
"Morning," she replied in the same manner. It was obvious neither one of them wanted to do much of anything. They were far too comfortable under the warmth of the covers. They didn't want to accept their realities yet. Reality had no place in the large bed. Eventually, just as Taryn was starting to doze off again, Loki sat up. He leaned over and placed a kiss on her cheek before leaving the bed. Taryn lazily turned herself over and gave him a curious look.
"As inviting as staying in bed all day sounds, I can't. I have business to take care of," he said when he met her questioning gaze, that mischievous grin of his rising to his lips. Taryn sighed and sat up, ruffling her sleep disheveled hair. Loki was forced to avert his eyes. The way she looked made returning to bed far too difficult to resist. She gave a small pout as he disappeared into the bathroom. Once he exited the bathroom, he opened the door to find Taryn missing, his bedroom door hanging open carelessly. Everything about this was screaming trouble.
♠ ♠ ♠
More of a filler. But it shows a tad bit more of their relationship. I hope you all enjoy! And thank you to all of you dancers, prancers, and loons that have subscribed, commented, and recommended, you're all wonderful! I also literally just made this blog like an hour ago. Follow for mischievous adventures if you'd like! Bear with me people, there will be more posted in the blog as time goes on!