Status: Active!

Misfits

sixteen.

Loki's jaw was clenched tightly, green eyes wide as he searched frantically for some sign of Taryn in the halls of the house of Odin. The fear in the pit of his stomach grew with every hall he searched. Thor eventually spotted Loki and was immediately struck with concern by the look on his pale face.
"Brother, what troubles you?" Thor asked, catching hold of Loki's shoulder before the god could escape. Loki had been so lost in thought that he had to take a moment to register Thor's presence. His eyes finally settled on Thor's face.
"Taryn is missing. I fear she may be in a dangerous state," Loki said. Thor's expression grew hard. He couldn't remember the last time he saw such fear in Loki's face. He knew the situation was serious.
"When did you last see her?" Thor questioned grimly.
"This morning. She had spent the night in my chambers because she was having trouble sleeping by herself. I left the room for a short while and she was just gone when I returned," Loki explained, panic in his voice.
"Let me help you. I will gather Sif and the Warriors Three. We will all look for her," Thor said. Loki gave a quick nod and the two went their separate ways in search of Taryn.
After a while longer with no luck, Loki began to grow desperate. He didn't want anything bad to happen because of her. He didn't want her to face any consequences because of something she couldn't control. He decided it was time to ask favors, and found himself on the back of a horse, racing down the colorful bridge of the Bifrost. He dismounted the horse and strode confidently up to the Gatekeeper, Heimdall.
"Where is she, Heimdall?" Loki asked. He knew Heimdall didn't need to ask who he was talking about.
"I cannot see her. Whatever it is that controls her will not let me see her. Your goal is to stop her from causing harm, but I fear it is too late," Heimdall spoke, his low voice calm as always.
"What do you mean it's too late?" Loki asked, green eyes narrowing.
"She has already begun. Several have been sent to the healing room due to sudden serious injuries," Heimdall answered. Loki cursed under his breath and left, riding as fast as he could back to the house of Odin. Curiosity had him looking into the healing room on his mission to see Odin. There were several men in the room being treated for burns. A few others had several large, sharp shards of thick ice protruding from their bodies. He then found Odin on his throne, and stormed up to the Allfather, his eyes now that familiar, eerie blue.
"Has Taryn been found?" Loki asked, attempting to keep his voice calm.
"She has. She is being held to prevent further injury to others," Odin spoke calmly. Ahrima suddenly entered the room. He addressed Odin appropriately and began to speak, but cut himself off when he saw it was Loki who stood before the king. Loki saw the god and immediately descended upon him.
"You should have told her from the beginning," he growled, venom dripping off of every word. "Had she known, she would have been able to prepare herself."
"It was not my decision to keep this from her," Ahrima said, voice low. His forest green eyes were hard against Loki's wild blue hues. "The Allfather felt it was best if she did not know," he added. The pair were inches apart, both ready to jump at each others throats.
"She is your daughter. You have failed to ever do right by her. Regardless of what advice is given to you, even if by your own king, it is your decision. You knew how fragile her mind was from the beginning, and you let her fall apart time and time again. You abandoned her. You lied to her," Loki spat. He took a step back and looked between Ahrima and Odin. "You are both fools to think this would have worked. Especially you, Father," he turned fully to Odin, the use of the last word coming out full of utter disgust and sarcasm. "You of all people should have known how this would end."
"Loki, you have no right to thrust yourself into this situation," Odin said sternly. "It was not your place to get involved." Loki's brows rose for a moment.
"It was not my place?" he repeated, voice suddenly quiet as he stared at the one eyed man. He was so angry, now, that he had momentarily lost all ability to show it in his voice. He quickly found it again as he continued speaking. "It was not my place? Is it so wrong of me to grow fond of another? I got involved because I cared about another person. I got involved because she did not judge me for the things I had done. It was not my choice. I did not befriend her for the sole purpose of watching her fall apart. I had no idea she was going to turn out to be a danger. But once I found out, I wanted to do everything in my power to make sure she was safe. You cannot tell me I did not have the right to get involved. I care too much about her to let her suffer alone," Loki explained, voice and hands shaking in fury. He rested his wild eyes on both men in the room before stalking off.
"If you care so much, then why was it you did not tell her the truth?" Ahrima called after him. Loki stopped dead in his tracks and spun around. Before Ahrima knew it, Loki had taken hold of the warriors throat, squeezing tightly. Ahrima couldn't break free. Loki's sudden strength was fueled by white hot fury.
"I did not want to be the one to make her mind break. She was already struggling when I learned the truth. I care more than you ever did, Ahrima. Stay out of my way," Loki growled, face contorted in utmost hate. He released Ahrima and stalked away.
Odin had said she was being held. He didn't say where, but the only place Loki could think of was the isolated cell he was in for three years. He found the room and entered. She was there, behind the transparent cell wall, still wearing his night shirt. His brows furrowed. They could have at least given her pants. He looked up to see her face, and his jaw dropped slightly. The girl looking back at him wasn't Taryn.