Status: Active!

Misfits

nineteen.

Loki was sitting on a short set of stairs, fiddling with the ends of the scarf hanging around his neck. At Tony's request, he had changed his attire for something more mortal looking. He now wore a handsome three piece suit that fit him well, instead of his usual Asgardian armor. He had separated himself from the group of familiar faces, staying quiet but listening intently to their conversation.
"So this girl suddenly goes from being mortal to Asgardian and just happened to end up having so much power that it possessed her?" the one eyed Nick Fury said, recapping Thor's story.
"It will destroy her. After whatever force it is that possesses her destroys what it can here, it will most likely turn on her and tear her apart," Loki chimed in from his seat on the stairs. He looked calmly at the group despite the occasional glares cast his direction.
"Well we need to know who she is and track her down before she decides to act. We need you and Thor to give us everything you know about her," Fury said. Thor and Loki told the director everything they knew, and he called on several agents to begin searching their computers for anything they could find.
Loki had managed to sneak off after giving Nick Fury the information he needed. He wanted to be around this group of people just as much as they wanted to be around him. He was looking through the window in one of the hallways of the building, lost in thought.
"You have a lot of nerve, coming back here," a slightly raspy yet feminine voice sounded from behind him. A small smirk rose to his lips.
"Once again, you have managed to sneak up on me," the god spoke in amusement, turning his head to see Agent Natasha Romanoff. She joined him at the window, returning the smirk.
"So, what are you doing here?" the red headed woman asked.
"I do not wish for Taryn to go through what I did. She doesn't deserve to feel that," he answered simply. "I don't want her monster to destroy her," he added, voice stiff.
"Is this love, Loki?" Natasha asked, looking up at him, her lips pulling into another smirk. Loki couldn't help but give a small hum of amusement at the reference.
"Love is for children, Agent Romanoff," he answered casually.
"What exactly are we dealing with here? You seem to know more about it than anyone else does," she questioned.
"Chaos, destruction. In their purest forms. Mortals will die, your property will be destroyed. Try as your team might, only one force will be able to stop her if she does not destroy herself first," Loki explained. "The best you all will be able to do is stall her."
"What force would that be?"
"I suppose we will find out," Loki said before walking away.
-

Loki really just wanted to be alone for the remainder of that day, but it seemed as if everyone came knocking on the door of his temporary chamber's in the S.H.I.E.L.D building, asking all kinds of questions. He had grown quite frustrated by the time yet another knock echoed on the door. He very highly considered leaving it unanswered, but the knocking continued and he was forced to heave himself off of the small bed to end the noise. He opened the door with a tight jawed glare at the visitor. It was Tony.
"I thought you were, you know. Cooperating. That kind of means you have to work with us. You can hide in here later, we need you right now," Tony said. Loki sighed heavily and followed the man through the halls of the building until they arrived in the conference room again. Loki once again remained in the back of the room, out of everyone's way.
"You need to tell us more about her strength. Thor could only give us so much," Nick said.
"She get's stronger every day. No one knows how strong she will get, but it is my belief that her power will continue to build until it is too much for her body to handle. There may be time to save her, if we act soon enough. She may be able to control her power if her mind can be made stable again, much as Banner can control himself," Loki explained. Agent Hill walked into the conference room just as Loki finished speaking and approached Nick.
"Sir, we've picked up on some suspicious activity in a small neighborhood on the outskirts of the city. Also, there was a large burst of energy shortly before that in the same area. We think it's another one of them," Agent Hill said, nodding her head in Thor's direction.
"Another Asgardian? Let's get someone over there to check it out," Fury said. "She seems dangerous enough, we don't need another one getting in the way," he added. Loki gritted his teeth. He knew of only one other Asgardian that would want to get involved.
-

The director sent Thor and Loki with several agents to the location of the commotion. Once the cars pulled up, they found the smoldering rubble of what was once a house. The group soon discovered, after a quick sweep of the scene, that there was no one left in the house. If anyone had been there previously, they had escaped already. Knowing Taryn caused the damage nearly put a smirk on Loki's lips. He couldn't help feeling somewhat satisfied. A part of him wanted this, craved to see this happen. The darker portion of his mischievous soul was getting what it wanted out of Taryn at last. His worry and affection for the girl outweighed that darkness, however. He was standing in the midst of the rubble, torn between emotions, when an object on the ground caught his eye. He carefully picked the picture frame up, the glass shattered the picture inside slightly charred. It was a picture of Taryn, and a blonde woman he assumed to be her mother. Taryn was smiling brightly in the picture, her hair slightly disheveled from the breeze. Loki removed the picture from the frame quickly and tucked it away inside his coat pocket before leaving the ruins of the place Taryn had once called home, a new wave of worry and sorrow washing over him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had sooo much trouble with this chapter, I'm so sorry it isn't better. I tried to make it sound decent.