Status: Active!

Misfits

twenty.

"Ahrima, what's going on? What happened to her while she was in Asgard?" Daisy asked, wide eyes on the warrior. They had pulled up to a restaurant, and were currently in the family bathroom. He wet a paper towel and approached her, gingerly cleaning a small gash on the woman's forehead. Everything had happened so suddenly, and Ahrima hadn't said a single word yet.
Daisy got home after a long day at work, only to find Taryn sitting at the small kitchen table. She looked terribly ill, and the next thing Daisy knew, the ground underneath the house was shaking so violently that the house started to crumble. Fires burst out of nowhere, and Taryn was standing calmly in the chaos, watching Daisy with a demonic smile spread across her lips. Ahrima had suddenly burst in, got Daisy safely out of the house, and ran back inside again. After what seemed like hours, the rumbling stopped and Ahrima stumbled out of the ruins, Asgardian armor tattered and charred. He then told her they had to leave, that Daisy wasn't safe staying in the area, which led them to the restaurant bathroom where Ahrima finally started answering her questions.
"I should have told you when I learned of it, but I thought you would be safer if you did not know," he started. As he cleaned her up, he told her all about what Taryn was and what was happening.
"Well is she going to be okay?" Daisy asked, voice shaky after Ahrima finished speaking. He paused for a moment.
"No one knows," he sighed, throwing away the paper towel. "I just do not wish for her to harm you. You have no responsibility in this, she has no reason to come for you," he added as they left the restaurant.
"So what do we do?" Daisy asked.
"I will see to it that you are out of harms way. Then I am going to put an end to this madness."
-

Thor and Loki had arrived back at the S.H.I.E.L.D. building and were waiting along with the others. A large amount of energy had remained at the site of the destroyed house, and Stark and Banner were currently feeding the recorded information into their computers. It was possible that the same energy found at the site could be read on Taryn, and could be used as a sort of tracking device with the right equipment. Making that possible was also left up to the pair of scientists. All that anyone else could do was wait for them to finish.
Thor would cast an occasional glance at his brother. The mischief maker was acting exceptionally anxious. His jaw was clenched, and he kept fiddling with his fingers. He had once again secluded himself from the group, immersed in his own thoughts. Thor hesitated before making the decision to join his Loki on the stairs. He sat down, but remained quiet for a moment.
"Loki, I know how important it is to you that Taryn remains safe, and I know you are nervous and scared, but you must not show it if you want to save her," Thor said quietly so the other people in the room couldn't hear. Loki turned his head slightly to look at Thor.
"I may not be able to. None of you may be able to. I told you what the Norn said, Thor. No one knows what it will take to stop her. It's not a certainty that she will be saved. She may destroy herself first, or someone else may very well have to destroy her. The Norn said nothing about saving her. Only about stopping her," Loki said in the same quiet tone, anger in his low voice.
"You must not lose hope, Brother. You stand the best chance of getting through to her. Her mind has not been wiped completely blank yet, and she can be saved. I know because I watched you go through the same. You are in charge of this, Loki. The rest of us can do no more than protect the mortals, but you are the only one who will stand a chance against Taryn. The Norn may not be able to see that, but I can. You say madness is your weapon against her, when it is your love-"
"I do not love her," Loki snapped a little louder than he intended, catching the attention of the others. Thor sighed.
"You may think me naive and blind, Brother, but there are some things of which I am certain," Thor continued, tone of voice growing stern. "Taryn needs you. You can only help her once you help yourself. If nothing else, be brave for her," he ended, standing up from the stairs. He gave Loki a sympathetic look before walking away to leave Loki to his thoughts. A short while later, Tony and Bruce came back into the room.
"We've got the tracking system on, all we have to do now is wait for a hit," Bruce said.
"And you're sure you can track her that way? I mean, this is only a theory, no one even knows if this will work," Captain Steve Rogers questioned.
"We've already got satellites checking for anything remotely close to this kind of energy. If she starts acting up, we'll find her and do our thing," Tony said.
-

"So your brother's in love with this girl?" Clint Barton questioned Thor. Loki had stalked off to his room a short while before.
"He won't admit it, but he is," Thor confirmed.
"How can we trust him not to go find her and join forces with her?" Steve asked.
"The last thing he wants is for her to come out of this having done things she would regret. He befriended her shortly after his release from imprisonment, and she became exactly what he needed to get back on his feet. There's a fire in Taryn that drew my brother to her so strongly, and he doesn't want that fire to go out. I don't want that fire to go out. I have grown to think of her as a sibling, and she keeps Loki's sanity in tact. He is risking that sanity for her. That is why he brought the scepter back to your realm, he believes his own madness is the only thing that can stand up to hers. I know none of you have reason to trust him, but trust my word if you will not trust his. My brother will not attack your people," Thor explained, taking turns looking each of the team members dead in the eye.
-

Loki was sitting at the edge of the bed, thinking about Taryn, and everything Thor had said earlier. It was very late, but he couldn't bring himself to try and sleep. His mind was racing. Steve suddenly barged into his room, clad in his outfit of red, white, and blue.
"We found her. Suit up and get on the jet," the soldier said, tossing the scepter on the bed beside Loki before running off. Loki grabbed the scepter and quickly made his way out of the building and toward the jet with everyone else. The three piece suit he had been wearing shifted smoothly into the intricate layers of green, black, and gold of his Asgardian armor. His heart began to race in anticipation as the jet began its flight.