Status: Active!

Misfits

twenty one.

The team arrived at a section of buildings in the city to find the area in complete chaos. Several buildings had caught fire, while thick ice surrounded the bases, doors, and windows of several others. The entire fire department was there, frantically trying to contain the flames. The streets were cracked and flooded, with an abundance of foliage creeping out of some of the large cracks. Intricate webs of thick ivy had wrapped themselves around light posts and telephone poles, the weight causing them to fall. It was hard to believe one person was capable of so much.
Hovering over the scene, the team made a quick plan of action. Thor, Steve, and Tony were to help get any trapped or remaining civilians to safety, while Clint and Natasha helped Loki find Taryn. Bruce was to stay on the jet and gather more information about the strange energy Taryn let off. If things got to out of hand, the others would call on him. Once out of the jet, the group immediately set to work. Hawkeye spotted Taryn first. She was sitting on the edge of an untouched building, fire from the next building over threatening to take this one.
"We're going up there with you to keep an eye on the situation. This building could catch fire any minute, and you could use all the help you can get with her being so dangerous," Clint said, preparing his bow and arrow. The three made their way through the building as it slowly filled with smoke. They quietly arrived to the roof, and Barton and Romanoff hid themselves away as Loki stood, watching Taryn in shock. Her clothes were dirty and there were several holes burnt into them. She sat there calmly, legs dangling over the edge of the building, humming as she watched over the mess she had created. Loki took a breath, gathering the courage to speak as his grip on the scepter tightened.
"Taryn," he said weakly. Her humming stopped when she heard her name. She stood up and turned to face the god, an eerie grin rising to her lips. "I can't let you cause more damage. I promise I will get you through this, but you must come with me," he said.
"I don't need help. They do. This world destroys itself more every day, all I'm doing is helping them along," Taryn said. "This is a race of people who thrive on chaos. They kill each other every day with bombs and guns, they attack each other like animals. They fight for power, and crave attention. They lie, and let other liars rule them. They're brainwashed into thinking they live free lives, taking the word of their rulers. This is a weak planet. They wanted destruction. They wanted chaos. They're simply getting what they wished for, and they can't do anything to stop it," she spoke angrily.
"You're completely right, Taryn, but you have to listen to me. The mortals will meet their fate on their own, you do not have to aid them in their demise. You will only blame yourself, you will be haunted by death and destruction for the rest of your life and I do not wish you to know that kind of guilt. You are stronger than this monster," as he spoke, he very cautiously approached the girl until he was standing just a foot away from her. "Come with me, Taryn, and I will fight this demon with you," he finished in a near whisper. He could have sworn he saw flicker of light in her dull eyes, a sign that Taryn heard him through the darkness. A cry for help.
The flicker was gone before he knew it, and the next thing he knew, a concentrated blast of wind had thrown him backward. He looked up from the ground to see Taryn approaching him, ready to fight. He reacted quickly, sending a powerful flash of blue hurdling into her chest before she could make another move. He was back on his feet in an instant, heading for Taryn. She sat up, laughing in amusement.
"That stick isn't gonna help you much," she said, standing. With a small hand movement, she had summoned water from the flooded ground below, and suddenly, sharp shards of ice were headed straight for Loki. He had seen the damage she could do with ice, and was at a loss of what to do. He prepared for the shards to bombard him, when Captain Rogers suddenly threw himself in front of Loki, holding his shield before him to take the blast of ice.
"Hawkeye's going to distract her. When he does, you take her down," Steve said over the noise of the ice hitting the shield.
"I'm not going to hurt her," Loki said.
"Just knock her out! Do something, we have to get her to stop," Steve snapped. Just then, the sound of an arrow cutting through the air caught Loki's attention. It landed in the ground a few feet in front of Taryn and exploded shortly after, expelling a thick cloud of smoke. Loki hesitated for a split second before running through the smoke, flipping the scepter over to the blunt end in the process. He emerged from the smoke, and before she could react to his sudden appearance, the end of the scepter made harsh contact with the side of her head. She collapsed onto the ground, immediately out cold. Loki carefully picked her up, holding her bridal style. Natasha and Clint came out of hiding, and Natasha bound Taryn's wrists together with hand cuffs.
Loki wouldn't leave her side once the chaos had died down enough for the team to leave. He sat with her quietly as the jet raced back to the S.H.I.E.L.D. building, his had resting on top of hers, his thumb running along her skin gently. Once back at the building, Taryn was taken to a specialized room and laid out on a bed where her wrists and ankles were bound to the bed by thick metal rings. She had an I.V. connected to her arm, a sedative flowing out of the bag to keep her asleep while tests and scans were run on the unconscious girl. Even then, Loki refused to leave her.
Once the tests were done and the room was empty and quiet, Loki found a cloth and wet it to wash away the dirt on her face and the dried blood from the blow of the Chitauri scepter. She still looked ill, her skin pale, and dark circles surrounding her eyes. She had even lost a noticeable amount of weight already. Despite all of this, she looked calm as she slept. She didn't look like she was capable of the damage she did in the city. Loki stayed in the room with her for a while, absentmindedly stroking her dark hair.
"She isn't going anywhere," a voice said from behind Loki. He turned to see Nick Fury standing in the doorway. "Even if she does wake up, she won't be going anywhere. The metal those cuffs are made of can withstand extreme heat and cold, and they're too strong for her to break out of. She's staying right there, you don't have to watch her all night," Fury explained. Loki left eventually, placing a soft kiss on Taryn's forehead before leaving.
She had been moved to a cell she could move around in. There was no need for restraints, she couldn't escape even if she tried, and she did. The walls around her were able to stand up to her tests. Loki managed to get her some clothes so she wasn't stuck wearing dirty, burnt through ones. All he could find was one of the S.H.I.E.L.D. jumpsuits, but she accepted the new outfit. Taryn didn't say much. She would mostly just sit quietly like she did in the cell in Asgard, which made Loki nervous.
He had no idea what was going on in her head. He didn't know if she was planning something, or if she had accepted being caught. She hadn't been released to Thor and Loki to be taken back to Asgard yet because S.H.I.E.L.D. wanted to learn more about the energy she gave off. Loki had a bad feeling about her prolonged stay in the building. The longer she stayed there, the more time she had to plan out an escape. As much as this monster thrived on chaos and disorder, there had to be some sort of plan.
Taryn wasn't the only thing on the gods mind. He felt the influence of the scepter growing steadily stronger day by day. He felt his mind slipping out of his control. The all too familiar feeling of hatred was settling itself back in his mind, the want for power growing stronger. The others had begun to notice changes in his behavior as well. His eyes began to take on the eerie blue again, that crazed glint in them growing more pronounced each day. The team would tread carefully around him, ready to act if he made one wrong move. Thor had convinced them that this is what had to happen, that this was Loki's only option in hopes of saving her, so they refrained from containing Loki in a cell of his own, but monitored him closely.
Loki was sleeping uneasily, with Taryn on his mind and the effect if the Tesseract growing stronger. He was dreaming of nothing but voices and dark images of his exile when he was startled awake by another's presence. He sat up, watching the form in the darkness. He reached over to the nightstand and turned on the lamp to find Taryn standing by the door. His brow rose slightly at her unexpected appearance.
"Taryn? How did you get out?" he asked. She didn't answer, but the empty look on her face suddenly changed. She began looking around, panic overtaking her face as her breathing became more frantic. Her eyes met Loki's, and he saw the fear in the green hues.
"Loki?" she called out, voice shaky. She had no idea if he was actually there. She didn't even know where 'there' was. The room didn't look like anything she would have seen in Asgard. She felt like two parts of her were trying to tear her mind in half, fighting for control of her. "What's going on? Where are we?" she asked. Loki took a cautious step toward her, hands slightly raised.
"We are in Midgard. I'm not expecting you to remember anything," he said in a soothing tone.
"Did something happen?"
"Nothing you need to worry about right now."
"I do need to worry about it right now. The only thing I can remember is waking up with you. Then nothing, and now we're back on Earth? What did I do, Loki? Did I hurt anyone?" Taryn demanded. Loki dropped his hands and only looked at her. A long moment passed in silence.
"A few guards in Asgard," he answered, holding her gaze. She bit her lip and nodded stiffly, averting her gaze for a moment. She looked back up at him, tears brimming her eyes.
"Did I, um... Did I do worse?" she asked weakly. Loki's brows furrowed. The silence was answer enough for the girl. She let out a pained noise and ran a hand through her hair in distress. A tense silence filled the air as Taryn gathered her thoughts. Loki stood quietly as she thought. He didn't want to make it worse by saying anything. Words wouldn't make anything better. She finally looked back up at him, tears staining her pale, sunken cheeks, turmoil and fear and her monster swimming in her eyes.
He didn't know what it was- whether it was her monsters strange, dark energy, or the Tesseract's influence, or a mixture of both- but Loki couldn't control himself. She was too beautiful, and he was too desperate for power. Without thinking, he took two long, determined strides toward her, and pushed her roughly against the door, earning a gasp before his lips crashed into hers with the same ferocity. His hands cupped her face, wiping away the tears as he kissed her, and she kissed back with equal passion as she was pressed against the door.
It wasn't long before he took hold of her and began forcing her backward once more, his lips never leaving hers, making the movement across the room clumsy. Her backside made contact with a desk set up in the room, the collision knocking several objects to the floor and sending the desk sliding noisily several inches. Loki lifted her by the waist onto the desk, settling himself between her legs as their lips continued to move hungrily. He kept his grip tight on her waist, holding her body tightly against his. Her legs wrapped around his hips, only aiding in the lack of space between them. A low hum emitted from Loki's throat and in one smooth movement he lifted her up and carried her to the small bed.
Taryn hardly had a chance to take a breath before Loki's lips were back on hers. Clothes started shedding desperately, more low hums and light breaths escaping. Soon enough, Loki got what he wanted. She was squirming beneath him in the most intimate sense of the word, their hips rolling together to the rhythm of a silent song. He heard the possibilities of her voice, her breath shaking and hitching in her throat. Her skin on his, feverishly hot against his abnormally cold, sent him reeling. He watched her face, the expressions of white hot pleasure causing the god to smirk. He was driving her completely mad.
-

Neither one of them said much in the past half hour. Loki was lying on his side, one hand propping his head up while he gently traced lines on her bare back with his free hand.
"I'm scared, Loki," Taryn said quietly. Loki's fingers stopped moving and his brows furrowed slightly.
"So am I," he admitted, leaning over and placing a soft kiss on the pale skin of her shoulder blade.
"It's not going to let me go. I can't keep it out. More people are going to get hurt," she said as Loki placed more gentle kisses on her back.
"I'm not going to abandon you, Taryn. I promise," he whispered.
-

Taryn's back was to Loki as she pulled the zipper to her jumpsuit back up. Loki was buttoning up his night shirt when he noticed Taryn's demeanor change. She slowly turned to face him, and his brow rose when he saw her dull, empty eyes, her lips pulling into a smirk. Taryn was gone again.