Status: Active!

Misfits

twenty two.

Nick Fury was standing in the mess that was Loki's room, Thor tending to his injured brother. "Why didn't you tell anyone she escaped her cell? Especially when she didn't set off any alarms or attract any attention whatsoever. She wouldn't be gone if you had told someone," Fury snapped at the god sitting stiffly on the edge of the bed.
"You think that would have stopped her?" Loki growled, looking up at the director. "She escaped her cell without drawing attention and you think my telling someone about it would have changed anything? Especially with the amount of power she has? I had to speak to her while I could. She was scared, she didn't know what was happening. I'm sure you would do the same for the woman you-" Loki cut himself off and gritted his teeth, letting out a frustrated sigh. He looked down for a moment before resting his burning blue eyes back on Fury. "I had to let her know she hasn't been abandoned. I had to let her feel like she was safer. Don't you dare put the fault on me, Fury. She would have disappeared whether I told someone or not," he said, voice softer but shaking with suppressed anger.
"This discussion is over. My brother is clearly shaken, let me take him outside so he can calm down," Thor said. Loki stood up stiffly and made his way out of the room, limping and sore, with Thor. The gods could withstand bullets and other mortal weaponry, but Taryn was capable of so much more.
"I know the scepter is affecting you, but you must keep your nerve, Brother," Thor said.
"I'm terrified for her, Thor. She is going to destroy herself if she isn't saved, and I do not know what could possibly save her," Loki said, looking up at the night sky. Thor let out an almost amused laugh, catching Loki's attention. Loki furrowed his brows in irritation.
"What could possibly be amusing to you at the moment?"
"Your blindness. You do not know what the only force that stands a chance of saving Taryn is, but it is quite obvious to everyone else. It's you, Loki. How you have not seen it I will never know, but it is you," Thor said, smiling at his brother. Loki gave the burly god a confused look.
"She has bested me once already. It would be twice had Rogers not interfered on top of that building. Whatever this monster is, it's too much for me to handle alone," he said. There was a short pause before he spoke again, voice more distant now. "You didn't see what I just saw. Taryn is full of very dark energy. She can harness this energy and use it as a weapon. I fear it is the most dangerous one of her abilities."
-

"I have to find Loki. He followed Taryn to your realm, and I fear what he has planned if he finds her. He is not to be trusted," Ahrima said grimly. He and Daisy had been renting a room in a small hotel on the edge of town.
"The same Asgardian that came here three years ago? He can't find her, he can't hurt my baby," Daisy said, voice panicked.
"If I find her first, she will be safer. She is in a dangerous state, but I will do what I must to bring her back safely. You must stay here, she is far too dangerous for a mortal," Ahrima said, voice low as he looked Daisy in the eyes with promise. He bent down and placed a kiss on her lips. "I will return her safely, do not worry," he said, his forehead against hers. After another kiss, he was out the door, on his mission to find his daughter.
Taryn's monster was looking for him too. He had found her, and tried to fight her, but she took off because she had more pressing matters to take care of. Now she wanted to finish the fight. She wanted revenge. This monster didn't care much for Taryn, but watched what Ahrima put her through from the depths of the girls mind for years. The monster saw through him. As much as Ahrima claimed to love her, as much as he claimed he wanted to protect her and be there for her, the monster saw otherwise. Taryn's mother was the same. Daisy claimed to love her daughter, claimed to want to protect her, but the monster knew she was bitter. Having this baby took away her freedom. Raising Taryn took away her life. Taryn's existence had taken away the man she loved. The baby scared the father back to the world he came from. They were selfish. Both of them were blind. They had filled Taryn's heart with confusion, and lies, and a false sense of love.
Though the monster didn't care for Taryn, there was a hint of compassion. The monster watched Taryn grow, watched her learn, and watched her struggle. After spending all that time with her, there was no way to avoid becoming somewhat compassionate. The compassion this monster felt was due to watching Taryn be abandoned and lied to by her family. Daisy and Ahrima deserved whatever the monster had in store for them. Amid the chaos and recklessness that consumed the monsters own mind was the need for revenge against Daisy and Ahrima. This monster would show Taryn who her parents really were. It would destroy these wretched, moronic people. After Taryn was shown the truth, and after her parents were destroyed, the monster would destroy Taryn.
It wasn't long before she found Ahrima. He wasn't hiding. He wasn't being cautious enough. He never knew she was there, watching him, tracking him, just waiting for the moment to strike. She waited patiently, stalking him, almost laughing at how idiotic and careless he was. She followed him where ever he went. It was almost sport. On the third day, she was sitting at an outside table of a small restaurant, looking up at Stark Tower looming overhead, waiting for Ahrima to pass by. She knew he would be coming this way. And soon enough, he did. Her eyes followed him as he walked, a devilish smirk upon her chapped lips. He was almost past her when she finally spoke.
"You're not very attentive, Ahrima. Come sit down, your coffee's getting cold," she said. Ahrima looked up as she spoke, surprised to see her. He did as he was told, and sat across from her.
"I've been looking for you, Taryn-"
"For three days, I know. I've been watching you."
"We need to talk," he said, trying not to react to how ill she looked.
"There's a lot of things we need to do, Ahrima. A lot of things we need to take care of. To settle," she said, an edge to her voice as she took a sip of her own coffee. "So let's start here."
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of short, but it's building! Thank you to all of you who comment and subscribe, and even just read. You make me smile!