Status: Active!

Misfits

nine.

Loki was perfectly content to simply stay where he was. He wanted as much to do with these people as they wanted to do with him. The only reason he hadn't left yet was the fact that Taryn would need help getting back to her room when the time came.
"Brother, you should be celebrating among us. Why do you sit alone instead?" Thor said, walking up to Loki.
"These people are not here to celebrate my release, Thor, you know that as well as I do," Loki said, taking a drink from his mug.
"Taryn feels as out of place in Asgard as you do, yet you do not see her secluded," Thor said, looking over at the drunken girl across the hall.
"Of course she isn't secluded, she is inebriated," Loki said. "It won't be much longer before I send her to bed."
Thor laughed. "She may drink like a god, but she is small," He took a drink from his mug before adding, "What is it that makes you look at her like that, brother?"
"Look at her like what?" Loki asked, tearing his eyes away from the girl.
"Don't play that game with me, Loki," Thor said, nudging his brother playfully. "You know what I am talking about."
"I'm afraid I do not. One more drink and she will make herself sick, I am taking her back to her bed chambers," Loki said, standing up and walking away from the thunder god. He didn't want to be questioned any further. He reached her just as she clumsily turned around for whatever reason, nearly crashing into his chest. He caught her by the shoulders before she managed to run into him. Taryn looked up at him dumbfounded, her drunken mind too slow for words.
"I believe you have had your fill of drinking for the night," Loki said with a grin. "It is time for bed," he added, placing a steadying grip around her waist and leading her away from the party.
-

Ahrima didn't call on Taryn throughout the next few days, so she took it upon herself to practice on her own. She would push herself, even going so far as to pass out from the strain on occasion. It was during this time that Odin called on Ahrima.
"She cannot go on teaching herself, Ahrima. You remember what is at stake," the Allfather warned. "The stability of Taryn's mind must remain level. If she were to lose that stability, she could cause devastation one can only imagine, and possibly destroy herself in the process."
"I am doing all I can, Allfa-"
"Leaving her to her own devices is doing nothing," Odin interrupted the warrior before him. "I am aware she is upset with you, but she is dangerous. You must keep control of your daughter, Ahrima. There is no alternative."
-

The moment Taryn walked outside to find Loki standing by the water fountain, an evil idea crossed her mind. She crouched behind a pillar nearby, mischief shining in her dark green eyes. Slowly, so as to not draw his attention, she drew water from the fountain and guided it around him and to his other side. Her smirk grew as the water crept closer to his face, and with one mental command, the water suddenly jerked and splashed his face. Well, it was supposed to splash his face anyway. As soon as it touched his face, he disappeared into thin air. The grin Taryn had on been sporting dropped immediately and she stood up right, staring at the spot Loki was just standing in.
She then started looking around for the real Loki. If he knew she was going to play a trick on him, he had to be close by. When she thought she had checked any and all possible hiding places, she turned around and he was standing before her, a smug grin on his lips. She let out a yelp and hopped back, not expecting such a sudden appearance, causing his grin to turn into an amused smile.
"You should have known you would not succeed, Taryn," he said. "Not in games of mischief."
"How did you even know I was trying?" she asked incredulously. "I mean, you planned this like you already knew," she added, shoulders slumping in defeat. Loki's only answer was to raise an eyebrow and open his arms slightly as if presenting himself, shit eating grin still on his lips. She huffed. "Right, right, you're the God of Mischief. I will get you though. One way or another," she said.
"Is that a promise?" he questioned teasingly. She simply gave him a playful glare. "Now, I believe someone wishes to speak with you," he said in a more serious tone, his green eyes traveling. She followed his gaze to see Ahrima. Upon seeing him, a small wave of anger washed over her, but she pushed it back. She might as well let him say what he had to say. "I will give you two some privacy," Loki said before walking away. Ahrima approached Taryn as casually as he could, eyeing Loki until he knew the god couldn't hear him.
"I do not like you befriending him, he is dangerous," Ahrima said lowly. A glint flashed faintly in Taryn's eyes.
"You don't exactly have the right to tell me my choice of friends sucks," she said, glaring up at him. "For all you know about me- you know, since you've known me so long and all- I could be just as dangerous as you say he is," she added. It took everything Ahrima had not to react to how right she actually was. She couldn't find out how much power she really held.
"I do not wish to upset you further, I apologize. That is not what I came to discuss, anyhow. I would like to request that you continue to let me guide you. I am not asking your forgiveness, that is for you to decide. I am only asking your patience," he explained. She stared up at him for a moment, thinking.
"Fine," she agreed a little harshly. He nodded before turning to leave. She watched him walk away, thinking for a moment. She did feel kind of bad for getting so mad at him.
"You can make it up to me," she called after Ahrima. He turned around, curious. "You be my test dummy when I practice," she finished. He smiled, a weight lifting off his shoulders. She returned the smile and winked, and Ahrima left, a little more at ease.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ehh. This chapter could use some work, I had super writers block while trying to write this one. I may fix it.