Status: I rated it R for now. It may change later.

Slave to Broken Hearts and Sex Appeal

Chapter 1

"You got employee of the year again?" I ask, eyeing the plaque Frank is holding.

"No. I got second place. Adam won this year because I took that week off, remember?" Frank admitted.

"They have a second place?"

"Yeah," Frank laughs "Our manager is like that. He gave out little ribbons to everyone who showed up for every shift."

I wipe the dust off of Franks desk with my hand, my fingers getting covered in dust. Frank sets the plaque down right next to the one he acquired last year.

"Y'know Audrey quit a few weeks ago. We have a new guy working there now."

"Oh. Really?" I ask, not particularly interested.

"Yeah. He's from like, England or something. His name is Ian. I think he might be gay..."

Frank continues babbling on about his new coworker. I decide to change the subject before jealousy set in.

"Frank?"

"Hm?"

"Christmas is a week away. Have you gotten your shopping done, yet?"

His eyes widen.

"Oh shit. I completely forgot."

I laugh at his reaction. Leave it to Frank to forget about Christmas. Frank looks distressed now.

"We're having a Christmas party at work tomorrow night." He explains. "I was supposed to buy presents for everybody. God, I'm an idiot. How could I forget? I bet everyone else got me nice shit and now I have to rush and it's almost time for me to go to work right now and--" His words are getting more and more jumbled together as he frantically speaks.

"Relax, Frank." I tell him. "I'll do your shopping for you. Just go to work and it'll all be taken care of."

"Thanks, Gee."

He kisses me on the cheek before grabbing his car keys off the desk next to his awards.

"Oh. Gerard?"

"Yeah."

"I need to bring a date to the party. I think you already know who I'm going to bring."

"Who. Mikey?" I ask, sarcastically.

He laughs.

"No. I'm gonna bring you with me."

"Alright." I tell him.

I don't really like parties but, I'll go for him.

"You better wear a suit, too. It's gonna be formal."

Somehow, this makes me feel better. At least we won't have to do cheesy party games like, a conga line or something.

Despite my intense hatred for social gatherings, I go to my closet to pick out a suit after Frank leaves for work.
♠ ♠ ♠
I own none of these people.
(Well, I pretend I do;)
The story title is from They're Not Horses, They're Unicorns by Bayside.
Thanks for reading!