Status: I rated it R for now. It may change later.

Slave to Broken Hearts and Sex Appeal

Chapter 5

"He got drunk at a party and decided to drive home." Frank explains. "Apparently the roads were icy and he lost control of the car. The police said he went headfirst through the windshield. No seat belt."

We're still sitting on the cold kitchen floor. I pick up Frank's phone and look at the time. 10:30 PM. Frank sniffles a few times and wipes his nose with the back of his hand like a child. I rub his back gently. Adam had been Frank's main support system when we had broken up. I can see why he's devastated.

"Come on, Frank. Let's go to bed." I say, helping him up off the floor. "You can sleep in my bed tonight. I don't want you to drive home when you're this upset."

He starts to sob again. I mentally curse myself for bringing up driving. I pull him into a hug.

Eventually, the sobs are replaced by erratic breathing and repetitive sniffles. He follows me to my bedroom and curls up under the sheets.

"You should take your shoes off." I say, gesturing towards his feet.

He pulls them off and tosses them over the side of the bed. I snuggle up next to him. He's seems much more calm now. Normally, I would be ecstatic to have Frank in my bed with me but, now isn't really the time to think about sex.

"Gerard?" He sounds hoarse.

"Huh?"

"Do you think he suffered?"

"I don't think so."

I have no idea if he did or not. I wasn't there. But, I don't tell that to Frank. Sometimes honesty isn't the best policy. He seems content with my answer. I feel relieved. I don't want him to cry again.

"He was a good waiter. I'm glad he won the Waiter of the Year award this year." Frank sounds tired and relaxed now, as if he's talking in his sleep.

I'm glad Frank has stopped crying. I wrap my arm around his middle. He feels warm. He scoots a little closer to me. He's not shaky anymore and his breathing is now steady. He's asleep. I lie awake and watch him for the next few hours. I don't want to get up and disturb him but, I can't sleep either. As I drift off to sleep, I remember the Christmas present I never gave him. Maybe I can save it until New Years.

My mind starts to wander as I drift off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short update but, it's the second one so that makes up for it. The story will get better later on. I'm trying to update twice a day because I want to finish this before Sunday.