‹ Prequel: One More Weekend

Just Can't Let You Go

Shane

I woke up the next morning, remembering the night before. I got out of bed, put my boxers and pants on, and made my way downstairs. Everything was silent, not a sound permeating the air from any corner of the house.

I had just touched down on the floor when there was a light knock on the door. Scratching my neck, I made my way over to the door. "Who is it?" I asked, not wanting to open the door.

"Reggie." What in the world was he doing here? Opening the door, I came face to face with him ... and Evelyn. "She's wanting to meet Logan."

"What?!" I screamed, covering my mouth so quickly that I think the smack from the contact my hand made was louder than my scream. I walked out the door and looked at Evelyn. "Go wait in the car, sweetie," I said, averting my gaze to Reggie. "I need to talk with Reggie for a moment alone." She nodded and got back in the car, closing the door behind her.

"She can't be here, you jackass!" I said in an angered whisper. "He doesn't even know she exists. What am I supposed to do ... or say, even? Hey, Logan. Meet Evelyn, my daughter that just happened to be conceived the night I decided to fuck Lauren? Do you even realize how he'd react?"

I was so furious, I was trembling. "Shane, she insisted that she should meet him ... by name. How in the hell does she even know he exists?" Reggie replied, his hand thrusting towards the car then the house as he spoke the words.

"You've got to take her back to the house. I can't let them meet. Not until I'm sure it's safe," I said, pushing Reggie down the steps and towards the car. Opening the back door, I buckled Evy back in securely. "Evelyn, sweetie. I can't have you meet Logan just yet. He's a little moronic right now and can't see any new faces." I lied to my own daughter ... to protect myself. Damn it, I'm horrible. "Once he's okay, I'll bring him to the house, alright?" She nodded, not saying anything.

I stood up, closed the door, and gave Reggie one last angered look before running up the steps and back into the house. I listened carefully and didn't hear a sound, but I still walked upstairs to make sure no one was up.

I peeked into the room Logan and I were in, he was still long gone. I sighed in relief, as if the burden of the Eiffel Tower had been taken off my shoulders. Closing the door quietly, I quickly walked down the hall a bit and peeked into Smith's room, and came face to face with bare-naked asses. Covering my eyes, I closed the door and started downstairs once again.

Time Elapse

I didn't know what else to do, so I had started playing my guitar to pass the time. It was going on 11 and yet, I was still the only one up, so I was rather bored. I was sprawled out on the couch, my guitar laying across me, my fingers doing what they do best.

I turned my head at the sound of a yawn coming from the stairs. It was Roger. "Morning, Shiner," I said, winking at him. He flipped me off, causing me to laugh. Setting my guitar aside, I sat up and then stood up.

I was heading into the kitchen after Roger when I heard a contented sigh coming from the stairs. Glancing up, I saw Logan standing there, leaning against the wall. Hooking my thumbs in my belt loops, I looked tilted my head and raised an eyebrow at him. "Of all the times that I don't have my camera," he said, causing me to chuckle.

"Come here," I said, my voice going all husky. I saw him shiver, then calm himself before he came down the rest of the stairs. Wrapping his arms around my waist, he rested his head on my chest. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed his forehead.

"Group hug!" Smith yelled, charging down the stairs in a mad rush. Roger stumbled in forcing himself between Logan and I. Smith soon joined, squeezing the four of us as close together as physically possible. Well, today was going rather ... oddly.