‹ Prequel: One More Weekend

Just Can't Let You Go

Shane/Reggie

Logan was currently talking with one of his team mates downstairs, and I was currently in the doorway of Evy's room. As I watched her, I felt arms wrap around my waist. "She sleeps like you," Logan said, his gaze on Evelyn.

"Yeah. She takes more after me than Lauren, although she does have Lauren's hair, but that's about it," I replied, unwinding his arms from me and grabbing his hand. Walking into her room, I knelt down beside her bed. I brushed the hair out of her face, which caused her to stir. Holding still, she eventually stopped moving, going back to her dream world.

I stood up, walking out with Logan right behind me. "It's the perfect time of year ... somewhere far away from here," I mumbled, dancing along to the beat in my head. "I feel fine enough, I guess ... considering everything's a mess." I went on, not stopping, even when I heard laughing. This was actually a normal thing for me now, thanks to Reggie.

When I got to the chorus of the song, I ran down the stairs and started doing flips around the living room, Logan cackling as I did so. "You're gonna wake up Evelyn," he said, trying to sustain his laughter to talk. I just looked at him as if he were crazy.

"She'd wake up to your cackle before she wakes up to my singing and dancing," I said, sitting on the back of the couch for a brief moment, then falling back and laying on the couch. Logan soon joined me, his head lying on my chest and his feet hanging off the arm. We stayed like that for hours, talking and catching up.

Time Elapse -- Reggie

I walked into the house to see Shane and Logan doing martial arts in the living room, both of them moving so fluidly that it was if they came right out of a karate movie or something. Both were sweating like crazy, and I felt warmth in my cheeks.

Shane looked cam, as if nothing could ever touch him again. The sweat ran down his sculpted chest. I made sure to keep any and all sounds to myself, knowing it would be just the thing to make Logan suspicious and think that Shane wasn't committed to him.

I made my way into the kitchen, deciding to make some tea cause I wanted something to help my sore throat. I filled the tea pot with water and turned the stove on, leaning on the counter as I set the pot on the burner.

After about five minutes later, Logan and Shane walked in. "What's with the tea?" Shane asked, panting rather heavily.

"Sore throat. W got honey right?" I asked, causing him to nod and point to the cabinet above the stove. "Thanks," I said, standing up and opening the cabinet, grabbing the honey jar.

"You mind if I steal a cup? It's been a while since I last had freshly made tea," Shane said, looking at me. I shrugged, trying not to show too much emotion. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my neck, forcing me into a hug.

"Cheer. Up. You. Idiot," he said, moving us side to side. "I hate seeing you emotionless, you bastard. Makes me sad." I laughed -- really laughed -- and pulled away. "I have succeeded," he said, doing his happy dance. I rolled my eyes and looked at Logan.

"Your boyfriend is an idiot," I said, causing Logan to agree with a large grin. I could tell he was a little upset about the contact between Shane and I, and I realized that he hadn't been around long enough to accept there was nothing between Shane and I but a really tight friendship. I just hope I don't cause them to pull apart and not speak to each other for another eight years.