‹ Prequel: One More Weekend

Just Can't Let You Go

Logan

I woke up the following morning to Evelyn beside me,curled up and sound asleep. I smiled warmly and slid out of the bed,walking towards the bathroom. i saw a note from Shane and took it off,reading it.

You have Evelyn for the day love,I have work so I figured you'd enjoy a day to yourself with her :) Have fun!

I looked back at Evelyn and smiled,once I showered and dressed,I headed down stairs and started making waffles and bacon,the smell bringing my new daughter down the stairs in a sleepy daze "Where's daddy?" she asked,looking around.

I walked over and picked her up "He went to work. He said you and I have the whole day to ourselves" I smiled. She looked at me then beamed happily.

"Great! I wanna help you cook!" she said excitedly,I laughed and nodded letting her help me cook for the morning. Once breakfast was over,I got her dressed and we headed out into town for some spree shopping and lunch at a cafe I know she'd love.

Time Elaspe

"Do you love daddy?" she asked,looking at me from across the table. I looked up from my food and smiled,nodding my head.

"I love him very much Evey. I've always loved you father..even during those years we weren't together" I said honestly "I just hope he feels the same way.." I sighed afterwards,causing Evey to cross her arms and stare at me.

"Daddy is an idiot for leaving you and a meanie if he leaves" she said strongly. I gazed at her for a minute before laughing softly

"I couldn't have put it better myself" I smiled and shared some of my food with her. After we ate,we headed to a theather and went inside. We decided to see a new movie that came out called Brave I thought she would like it,which she did.

When we got home later that night,she was sound asleep in my arms as i carried her in. I looked at shane who raised an eyebrow at us causing me to giggle softly "There are bags in the car for her...can you get them please while I lay her down?" I asked,causing Shane to nod and head outside.

Once i got her in bed,I walked down and saw Shane going through the bags of cloths and toys I had gotten her. He turned and looked at me "really? I thought she had enough things?" he asked. I just blushed and laughed,walking over and sitting on his lap.

Time elaspe]/i]

Eve was asleep upstairs in the room and I sat on the couch,watching Shane before I took his gurtair and sat it on my lap "These have been playing in my heads for years now.." I whispered,causing him to stare at me.

I moved away a bit and took a breath before I started stumming,my eyes closed and I started to sing.

how long have I
been in this storm
so overwhelmed by the ocean's shapeless form
water's getting harder to tread
with these waves crashing over my head

if I could just see you
everything will be alright
if I'd see you
the storminess will turn to light

and I will walk on water
and you will catch me if I fall
and I will get lost into your eyes
and everything will be alright
and everything will be alright

I know you didn't
bring me out here to drown
so why am I 10 feet under and upside down
barely surviving has become my purpose
cause I'm so used to living underneath the surface

if I could just see you
everything will be alright
if I see you
the storminess will turn to light

and I will walk on water
and you will catch me if I fall
and I will get lost into your eyes
and everything will be alright

and I will walk on water
you will catch me if I fall
and I will get lost into your eyes
and everything will be alright
I know everything is alright
everything's alright


I felt the tears falling down my cheeks as I opened my eyes and looked at Shane,wondering what he'd have to say.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lifehouse - Storm