‹ Prequel: One More Weekend

Just Can't Let You Go

Logan

I watched Shane walk outside and sighed deeply,standing up. I walked back up to the room checking on Evelyn before crawling into the bed myself,something told me that time with Shane was over for the night. As I got comfortable I heard the car start outside and jumped up,running downstairs and out the door just as Shane sped up.

I clenched my fists angrily before turning and going back inside,I let Evelyn have the whole bed to herself and just sat on the couch,staring at the black TV screen while I waited for Shane to come back,falling asleep on the couch not long after he left.

I woke up to the door opening and sat up. I heard Shane sigh then close the door normally "I know your mad Logan but--" he stopped when I threw a pillow at him,glaring

"mad! you think I'm mad! I'm beyond mad! you just up and left Shane! You left me here alone with Evelyn! what if something happened and you didn't come back huh! what was I suppose to tell her!" I yelled before I stopped and my eyes widened "oh dear...I already sound like her mother..." I whispered.

Shane looked at me before he chuckled softly and walked over "Yes you do and it seems to fit you just right" he whispered,gently laying his hand on mine. I pulled away,glaring playfully at him.

"I'm still mad" I whispered,Shane only shook his head and followed me up the room and into the bed with Evelyn though we had to move her around. For such a tiny girl,she sure knew how to take up a whole bed.

Time Elaspe

I woke up the following morning to an empty bed but I heard talking downstairs and slowly walked down,I could hear the voices more clearly then before so I stopped and listened.

"Shane...I hope you don't plan to do something stupid,like leave Logan again"I heard Smith say "Him and Evelyn have gown so attached...you'll probably end up leaving alone" he added.

I heard Shane sigh then the chair move a bit "I know...I'm just scared Smith...maybe I shouldn't have followed him that day....I should have just left him be" he said. I could see Smith shaking his head

"No...Logan probably be dead by now if you'd done that. You saw how he was Shane. He needs you. I've seen what he's like without you and it's not Logan. He becomes this...empty shell of who he was. Sure he keeps playing and what not but he doesn't want to,I know he'd just rather stayed curled up in the bed and slowly fad away" he said.

"He..he loves me that much?" I heard Shane whispered,I saw Smith stand up and walk up to Shane.

"Yes,he loves you that much Shane. I pray you don't leave him because I don't think Logan could handle it again...." he whispered. I heard Shane start moving towards me so I hurried up and ran into the upstairs bathroom.

i didn't know what all was going on...but I prayed it wasn't something horrible